THMED Reviews

1. Opportunities are Endless

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am going on my 2nd year here at Medestar. This company is one of the most truly diverse settings I have worked in, but that's what makes it so special. Everyone's goal is to be successful and grow the company. The atmosphere around the office is one-of-a-kind. Advancement opportunities are abundant and will be rewarded for all of those that push themselves. I can't say there is a single downside to working here.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary. Usual daily grind and getting through the tough days/weeks that comes with recruiting/sales.

2. Growing, but Not Maturing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at THMED full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since it is a small company, you can take on more responsibility for the experience. Production and sales staff often have good recognition for most of their accomplishments. Good camaraderie between the departments and offices. The support staff stays on top of new technology and frequently helps the implementation of it. The best part is that it is easy to have a personal relationship with all of the executive staff.

Cons

The executive staff flips transparency on and off like a light switch. While the casual environment can be refreshing, it often becomes unprofessional. Some examples are support staff gossiping about and bashing "stupid" people in sales, certain production staff are inconsiderate of their own volume, and fire drills are treated like a joke. On top of that, the issues never dealt with by HR. On top of these culture issues, the whole company is consisted of cliques and if you are in the right clique, then you hear gossip that you shouldn't simply because some managers cannot keep sensitive information private. There is a bias for any and all SMU connections since it is the CEO's alma mater. True issues are almost never dealt with for certain sales staff. They are spoon fed extremely helpful materials but are still complaining or missing the point. If someone is rude, then they are not confronted because they might throw a fit. When someone is absent minded or inconsiderate, then they are simply put up with because they bring in money. There is also a huge salary gap between administrative services and recruiting that grows wider because recruiting can gain commission.

Advice to Management

Learn the line between a casual business setting and completely unprofessional, then stop letting your staff cross it. Do not give so much leniency to people with tenure in your company because that makes a double standard that everyone else notices. Also, give more bonuses to the support staff. If they are not on top of things, then most of your business slows down. Allow more funding for motivation or staff for Resources because the top directors are bogged down and there are not enough people to help them out.

3. Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time

Pros

This company has slowly become family for me. I love the culture and the work relationship I share with my team. We push each other to hit goals/expectations and it's always done in a healthy manner. (Well, almost always.) The owner - Supportive and forward thinking. I enjoy his humor and positive reinforcement in hard times Support staff - Our AP, Credentialing, and Resources team are second to none. They bust their butts on a daily basis and work harder than any team I've worked with. Even when short staffed, I haven't noticed a change in their production level. Kudos. WorkLifeBalance - This is the BEST environment I've been apart of in terms of making sure the quality of life is not jeopardized because of work.

Cons

Like all companies, there are hiccups and growing pains. If people held themselves to the same level management/leadership holds themselves accountable, I think the possibilities are endless here. Slowly, but surely, the kinks will be worked out.

5. Great Company and Great People

I have been working at THMED full-time

Pros

Starting my 4th year at Medestar. I've loved working with this team. It's a team environment, great culture, and fun people. Medestar is focused on success for the clients, doctors and mid-levels and patients. It shows in everything we do. We work hard and play hard. You are rewarded here for your efforts. You get what you put in.

Cons

Just the normal ups and downs of sales and recruiting.

6. Worth Every Minute

Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at THMED full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I spent more than 2 years here, and this is truly the best place I have worked in terms of giving people a real opportunity to grow and develop professionally. Because it is a smaller company (80 employees in 2 offices), people are asked to wear a lot of hats and are encouraged to find and implement ways to make the company better. The Executive Management Team is in tune with the need of everyone in the office and the are aggressive in learning where the company can get better. I left as a better employee than I started, and only left because I changed careers.

Cons

As a new company, this one still has processes to work out. As the organization grows, there will be less opportunity for the Executive Team to make some of the daily decisions they make now, and there will need to be more robust policies in place.

Advice to Management

You are building a great company, keep the focus on the employees as much as the bottom line and this will continue to be a great place to work for everyone.

7. Current Employee

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED

Pros

Agile company will robust recruiting resources. Open minded to employee ideas. Growth potential with this company is great because people work hard and this company has integrity. Added bonus is year end bonus paid on total revenue generated to encourage collaboration between employees.

Cons

healthcare recruitment is a very hard business.

8. Excellent Company! Amazing People! Love working at THMED!

Current Employee - Resources Department in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Resources Department in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here for almost three years, it is the best company I have ever worked for!! The production staff in each division works together for the success of everyone! There is no "dog eat dog" here! We have an amazing executive team, they aren't in different offices where no one really knows them.. the daily interactions with everyone on every level gives this company a close-knit feel and has everyone on staff driven towards the success of the company and everyone in it!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons, we have great benefits, great PTO plans, great holidays, and some surprise field trips and half days off throughout the years!

9. Great Place to Work

I have been working at THMED

Pros

THMed is a great place to work. It is a fast paced environment but we all work as a team to make sure everything gets done.

Cons

The design of the business of medical staffing causes employees to be coming and going constantly. This can be a bit stressful sometimes.

10. Medestar- Great company with great leadership

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at THMED full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Medestar has been amazing. Its a smaller company and everyone works together as a team. Everyone is here to see each other succeed which makes coming to work everyday great!

Cons

Medestar is a newer company, so some of the processes and practices are still in the growing stages. But so far every hurdle has been handled really well. If you cant handle change, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

11. Consultant

I have been working at THMED full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work, Lot of different kind of experiences with various projects

Cons

Lack of too many clients. Need to expand the client base. Looking for more challenges

Advice to Management

more freedom

RSS Feed </> Embed