TIAA-CREF

TIAA-CREF Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

TIAA-CREF President & CEO Roger Ferguson

Roger Ferguson

Pros
  • Most managers seem to take seriously their employees' work-life balance(in 33 reviews)

• Great benefits from day one, pto and insurance are top notch, made a few good friends(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • More focus is needed to allow employees to have work life balance(in 22 reviews)

• Cronies are brought in by senior management as they believe hey have all the answers(in 25 reviews)

A company that is still looking to do what is best for the customer. Very refreshing

Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Pros* Great Benefits
    * Reasonable amount of direct reports
    * Non-profit
    * Sole purpose is to ensure its customers have enough money to retire

Cons* Technology is still catching up
    * Teams work in silos and don't always share the projects with other teams
    * Too many chiefs
    * No clear compensation strategy

Advice to Senior ManagementSet compensation strategy and share it with the associates
    Continue to invest in technology because it is making a huge difference
    Consultants can only work for a maximum of two years
    Great work/life balance

Great Place to work and advance your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLove the office culture. The people are so nice and helpful.

ConsThere isn't any. I loved this company.

Great place to work

ProsGreat career opportunities and diverse working environment

ConsSome micromanaging and schedules are as flexible. It depends on which department you work in.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits! You get what you make of it!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsLots of opportunity if you are not afraid of hard work and networking. People expect a promotion by sitting in their cubicle. Don't be afraid to highlight your accomplishments at review time.

ConsAntiquated software. Top heavy in the SLT. You are encouraged to give your opinion, but then you labeled as a complainer. Even if you provide a solution.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front-line associates that are front and back office. Push harder for LEAN principles to be applied uniformly across the organization. We always have great intentions, but then slowly fizzle out.

great place

Individual Consultant (Inbound ) (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe Work/Life balance is great

ConsI have none great place to work

BA

ProsCollaborative and helpful team members

Conscompany could use a little bit of... updating...

If you get in, try to stay as long as you can!

Senior Business Management Specialist (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits are great!! I really liked the AWS program being able to work from home 2-3 days per week. Excellent fitness reimbursement and educational reimbursement.

ConsIt's easy to get "lost" in the company with your position unless you are a key player in things directly affecting the clients or the employees in the company.

Great firm to work for and great mission.

Wealth Management Advisor (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThe base salary, bonus structure, retirement contributions/match and the paid time off are top of the line in the financial services industry

ConsIt's a growing company and the support staff for the wealth advisors could be more robust. The technology also has some catch up to do

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't look at the support staff as a drain on the bottom line but as crucial to the success of the front line WMA's.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

An excellent journey thus far. I have just completed my 1st year and would rate this as my best job yet.

Senior Engineer - IT (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits, salary, opportunities. Best job of my career thus far. Looking forward with great anticipation. It appears that there is a lot of opportunity for growth, both professionally and personally, They really seem to value a work / life balance more than anywhere else I have been.

ConsSometimes difficult to navigate. Many processes and procedures that could use some tweaking. Can often take a long time to make progress it seems. Too much organizational change at times. A somewhat complex hierarchy of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to value the employee, as well as, the customer.

No one in my area dislike the firm, unless my previous employer

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits, fairly laid back, nice people, contributing to a good cause. work schedule is fairly flexible.

Constoo many conference calls, sometimes i feel like people like to hear themselves talk!

Advice to Senior Managementstay away from retail banking, you're in a good place, just continue to do what you've been doing.

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!