TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Feb 17, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)(in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable(in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings"(in 14 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

TIBCO is simply a World-class company!! Smart people, smart products and a great place to work.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSmart people, open minded and always ready to deliver the very best to customers

ConsHard to find a downside

If you are in Sales RUN!!!

Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood for technical people to learn and find a better company

ConsThis is a grossly mismanaged organization that will destroy your career , You wont make any money even if you sell as they will not pay you commissions, The will offer you a high OTE and a great compensation plan but will not recognize your sales or call your account a house account that disqualify you for payment no policy arbitrary decisions . This is not a place for coin operated sales people only people who are happy on the base salary and being your managers slaves and the Sales leadership has absolutely no sales management experience and with that leadership they want to compete with SAP, IBM and Oracle

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get your act together, Get a decent HR ..treat your employees with respect and dignity

Corporate Office Focus

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe position offered a great deal of autonomy. Often allowing me to get involved with additional projects, and products when I was interested in them. Regional focus has also allowed me to become close with my co-workers and allows us to back each other up.

ConsI enjoy working at TIBCO. Unfortunately, I find that being a part of the regional office leaves me at a disadvantage. Within my position I often need to work closely with many different TIBCO employees. Often times resources at the corporate office are not as responsive to the field staff as you would hope for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I would offer to the leadership of TIBCO would be to become more focused on the field staff. Sales, services and marketing personnel are often the only customer and prospect facing staff, yet they can be hamstrung by a lack of communication from the leadership at the home office. Additionally, a greater leadership focus on the field would cause a trickle down to the support staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TIBCO is a solid place to work...yet not one for all stars and those who want to advance.

Senior Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSolid pay, great benefits, and while I was there, a fantastic manager. Favorites are taken care of by executive management...and quite often, those who actually did the work on large deals were neglected. While compensation was adequate (and in reality, relatively high), those who excelled did not earn much more than those who did not.

ConsPoor vision at high levels...field employees are often neglected..lack of innovation. This isn't necessarily an awful thing if TIBCO would stick to what it did best (integration and high speed messaging), but some bad decisions were made in acquiring companies that really didn't fit into TIBCO's overall universe well.

Advice to Senior ManagementAward those that stand out...or you'll lose them.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!