TIBCO Software Reviews

2.5
TIBCO Software CEO Murray Rode
Murray Rode
1 Rating

1. TIBCO is simply a World-class company!! Smart people, smart products and a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Smart people, open minded and always ready to deliver the very best to customers

Cons

Hard to find a downside

It was interesting at first...

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will be exposed to lots of technologies. Good place to get your feet wet. 401K with matching. Good health benefits.

Cons

There is no guide or training to get started with TIBCO Software. Sink or swim. There used to be a lot of good people there. Most are gone. Recently aquired by Vista Equity, the board left 100M on the table in a spreadsheet error. Thanks guys! Management will tell you in no uncertain terms that the days of raises are over and that you can make more money working for other customers. Guess what, they are right! They will tell you to stay to be with the best techology. That used to be true. However, that is no longer the case. Other companies have caught up. Aquisitions are never fully integrated into the full technology stack. There is never enough engineering to get things done to stay competitive and products wither. The most unprofessional head of sales I have ever encountered, has the mouth of a gutter rat. Company "pep talks" are demeaning and demoralizing. Expect to sell in a culture of fear. If you decide to join TIBCO as a SC, make sure you get placed with a successful account executive and interview the AE before you come on.

Advice to Management

Start treating your people on the streets better. Beef up engineering. Get rid of the clown who swears like a gutter rat. You know who I'm talking about. Stop rolling out products that aren't fully functional.

If you are in Sales RUN!!!

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good for technical people to learn and find a better company

Cons

This is a grossly mismanaged organization that will destroy your career , You wont make any money even if you sell as they will not pay you commissions, The will offer you a high OTE and a great compensation plan but will not recognize your sales or call your account a house account that disqualify you for payment no policy arbitrary decisions . This is not a place for coin operated sales people only people who are happy on the base salary and being your managers slaves and the Sales leadership has absolutely no sales management experience and with that leadership they want to compete with SAP, IBM and Oracle

Advice to Management

Please get your act together, Get a decent HR ..treat your employees with respect and dignity

5. Corporate Office Focus

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

The position offered a great deal of autonomy. Often allowing me to get involved with additional projects, and products when I was interested in them. Regional focus has also allowed me to become close with my co-workers and allows us to back each other up.

Cons

I enjoy working at TIBCO. Unfortunately, I find that being a part of the regional office leaves me at a disadvantage. Within my position I often need to work closely with many different TIBCO employees. Often times resources at the corporate office are not as responsive to the field staff as you would hope for.

Advice to Management

The advice I would offer to the leadership of TIBCO would be to become more focused on the field staff. Sales, services and marketing personnel are often the only customer and prospect facing staff, yet they can be hamstrung by a lack of communication from the leadership at the home office. Additionally, a greater leadership focus on the field would cause a trickle down to the support staff.

6. TIBCO is a solid place to work...yet not one for all stars and those who want to advance.

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Solid pay, great benefits, and while I was there, a fantastic manager. Favorites are taken care of by executive management...and quite often, those who actually did the work on large deals were neglected. While compensation was adequate (and in reality, relatively high), those who excelled did not earn much more than those who did not.

Cons

Poor vision at high levels...field employees are often neglected..lack of innovation. This isn't necessarily an awful thing if TIBCO would stick to what it did best (integration and high speed messaging), but some bad decisions were made in acquiring companies that really didn't fit into TIBCO's overall universe well.

Advice to Management

Award those that stand out...or you'll lose them.