TIBCO Software Reviews

Reset
3.8
TIBCO Software CEO Murray Rode
Murray Rode

Pros
  • You will get good compensation along with good work-life balance (in 26 reviews)

• good benefits and overall work culture (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is a bit unmanageable (in 13 reviews)

• Those who work for TIBCO are done chasing big money unless they are very senior management (in 14 reviews)

1. Current employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great start for a career

Cons

Talent not easily recognized in house

Advice to Management

More structured way of grooming and growing folks

The Great Product that Could Have Been, Horrible Marketing, and Clueless Leadership!

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the Pro's have gone away over the past couple of years. I hit the eject button because there weren't many pros left to speak of. I guess I could say that once upon a time it was a great place to work, but that place doesn't exist anymore.

Cons

Now that Vista has taken over, the cons are too numerous to list, but I will give it a try. Spotfire has failed to meet it's numbers for the past two years. All of Spotfire's problems can be boiled down to two basic issues; namely, Marketing and Management. Spotfire has one of the worst marketing organizations I have ever seen. These people simple don't know how to do their job. Totally ineffective, in the extreme. However, the number one issue at Spotfire is the management. Spotfire is a product that could have been the top dog, world class product on the market. They could have been the product that took the market by storm. However, Spotfire management has taken what could have been the Rock Star product of the world and totally destroyed it. Spotfire has no chance at all to become a relevant product in the market at this point. Just take a look at what happened to "Tibco" in the Gartner Magic Quadrant between 2014 and 2015. So, you have decided to jump on the "Good Ship Spotfire" anyway, well you might not get to stay there very long. Now that Vista has taken over they have just rolled out their "Super secret aptitude exam". If you don't score well on it, you will be managed out of a job over the next few quarters. Spotfire is the story of a company and a product that once had the potential to become something great, but ended up falling short in almost every possible way.

Advice to Management

I wish I could say something that would help at this point, but sadly I think it is beyond the point of no return. I don't think you can fix it at this point. If Spotfire 7 could cure cancer, it would still not be enough to undo all of the damage you have done to this company.

Company seems to have last it's way the last couple of years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TIBCO Software (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great, Smart and hardworking people. The field team works well together. Interesting and cutting edge technology to work on. A lot of pressure but a lot of fun

Cons

Over the last couple of years Company seems to have last it's way. A lot of mismanagement by the executives put the company in a place where they had to sell out to venture capital firm Vista. The layoffs and cost cutting have begun; morale is bad and getting worse. I not sure what the future holds for us

Advice to Management

to late they are gone current management just the slave of the Equity Fund.

5. hard to find a better company to work for...

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- people.. some of the smartest people you will ever work with...really helping and care for each other. I work in consulting division within central and it is one big happy family. - lots of opportunity to move around. if you know what you want to do, its is really easy to move around - senior management is really great..they know what they are doing.. every one is really focussed and passionate about taking TIBCO to the next level - product...TIBCO products are far superior than everyone else in every market where TIBCO competes....lots of learning opportunity.

Cons

- in my current job, the thing i hate the most is travel...requires travel every week monday thru thursday... - there

Advice to Management

continue doing what you have been doing....

6. There is never a dull moment.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company seeks to recruit extremely intelligent, highly motivated team members and it shows. When you work with such talented people it forces you to raise your own standards for excellence.

Cons

Not for those who do not like to travel. Also there is a lot of different software to learn which requires continuous training and study.

7. Great place to learn new technology/industries. Bad place for advancement.

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

The technical knowledge and sharing of the knowledge among the field people is great. Just send an email with a question and you will get at least 10 responses by the end of the day. The products are leading edge that cause companies such as IBM to duplicate the message/products.

Cons

The Club Awards for non-quota carrying people seem to be arbirtary based on how management feels that day. Management seems to make decisions without communicating to employees why the decision was made.

RSS Feed </> Embed