TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)(in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable(in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings"(in 14 reviews)

Awesome culture

ProsThe company is great and has awesome culture ,friendly atmosphere and provides opportunity for growth.

ConsThe company needs to innovate on new products and shift directions towards growth.

If you want to solve problems others cannot, this is the place to be!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsVery innovative and customer focused culture. Career mobility across functions and geographies even if you haven't done the job before, but you need to show the initiative. Highly relevant technology with social, mobile, loyalty, predictive analytics, and integration platform. The place to be if you are driven and want to keep raising the bar.

ConsIf you are looking for a steady state job environment, this is not the place as the pace is high and you will feel like you are getting left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the smartest kids around the world.

Senior Business Development Executive

Senior Business Development Executive (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat work environment, team focus and customer centric, great location!

ConsNone come to mind, It is by far the best employment experience i have ever had

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider posting a more accessible location of where I may find the new job and promotion opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

There is never a dull moment.

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company seeks to recruit extremely intelligent, highly motivated team members and it shows. When you work with such talented people it forces you to raise your own standards for excellence.

ConsNot for those who do not like to travel. Also there is a lot of different software to learn which requires continuous training and study.

Great company going places with great technology

Senior Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsCompany culture is great. Driven leadership to be the best. Technology is top notch and consistently wins in the marketplace.

ConsCould have a better work-life balance; although it is still much better than the last 2 Software companies I worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrink more of our own champagne.

Mostly excellent managers who have given me a fantastic amount of leeway to do my job the way I see fit.

ProsExcellent manager. Have been able to move to different roles over a long time at the company. Company focus on the customer has led us to continue to enlarge the business over many years.

ConsDepartmental silos, and even silos within departments hinder opportunities for even greater success. Management knows this is an issue, but it isn't a top priority, so it usually takes someone with a lot of motivation to overcome what should be a simple problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a stronger culture for cooperating and innovating across different organizational silos.

They know technology, but not how to apply it.

Software Architect (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat technology, smart employees, good opportunities for cross-training.

ConsPoor work-life balance. Software sales is the bottom line. Management knows technology but not how to manage. No opportunity for advancement. Must know the products that make the sales (BW, EMS) to stay on client engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider employees work-life balance.

One of the greatest companies to work for

Senior Director (Current Employee)

ProsCulture:
    - Customer focus (everybody in the organisation is tasked to help TIBCO customers succeed)
    - Innovation (always ahead of the competition)
    - Flexibility
    - Outside the box thinking
    - Sales attitude (everybody supports you in winning your deals)
    - Performance (not a place to work for "Non-performers" (B, C-Players)

ConsAs the so called "1 Billion dollar Start-up" TIBCO sometimes lacks some structure in certain areas

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on giving people the freedom to be successful in their own way

TIBCO is an amazing company to work for, the people are passionate, innovative, dedicated, hardworking and very smart.

ProsIt is a team environment where everyone wants to see our customers be successful. The culture is very entrepreneurial. There are many employees that have been here 10+ years.

ConsDue to the entrepreneurial nature sometimes there is a lack of processes/formalities that other large companies might have but I think that is what make TIBCO unique and a fun place to work.

Enjoyable and a great experience

ProsKnowledgeable and extremely smart people. Great culture, people are always willing to help, the benefits are a great plus.

ConsTIBCO is not for someone who would want to coast to get by, you are encouraged and expected to go above and beyond. Also internal processes can slow you down, however that is extremely minor in my opinion and any large organization has these issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep chugging along and remain focused.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!