TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best of the Best are here!!

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Memphis, TN

ProsWork with the best, be paid the best, and know you will never work for a better company.

ConsBe prepared to work as hard as you ever have.

Advice to Senior ManagementVivek will not lose because he refuses to bring in talent less than "great". Don't ever lose that mindset. It takes every single person contributing to win business consistently.

13 years in sales

ProsBillion dollar company with a strong focus on our customers and their success.

ConsExtensive product line can impact focus. Not a lot of process if that is important to you

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication

Some Good people, no compassion left

Senior Solutions Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGreat mix of products. They have a dedicated, talented pool of people to work with. With the product set they've acquired, they can eventually solve almost any problem.

ConsWith so many products, it's hard to find the 'right' way to solve a problem. The company has morphed into a hard line numbers driven company where all that matters is EPS. There once was a time where you didn't have to fool yourself into thinking that the company cared about you or your career, that time was over a long time ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition, mentoring, promote from within. Embrace the decentralization, and trust employees that don't work at the mother ship.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They know technology, but not how to apply it.

Software Architect (Former Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat technology, smart employees, good opportunities for cross-training.

ConsPoor work-life balance. Software sales is the bottom line. Management knows technology but not how to manage. No opportunity for advancement. Must know the products that make the sales (BW, EMS) to stay on client engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider employees work-life balance.

Living with objectives, forgetting results in order to challenge again !

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsGood earnings, lots of talented people, a lot to learn and discuss.

ConsYou can contribute freely to organisation, in the sense that very often you ha to DIY !

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat about Human resources ? ... are they there ?

Management need training to be great managers

ProsCulture is like a start-up

ConsNo training provided for anything - you have to figure it out for yourself. Managers do not provide clear directions on what is expected and is a moving target. Hit/Miss. favoritism is alive and kicking here - does not matter what you know; really matters who you know!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to be a great manager 1st before taking on manager role~

TIBCO is an amazing company to work for, the people are passionate, innovative, dedicated, hardworking and very smart.

ProsIt is a team environment where everyone wants to see our customers be successful. The culture is very entrepreneurial. There are many employees that have been here 10+ years.

ConsDue to the entrepreneurial nature sometimes there is a lack of processes/formalities that other large companies might have but I think that is what make TIBCO unique and a fun place to work.

Results-driven culture with impressive and experienced employees in every department

Senior Director (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsTIBCO maintains a results-driven culture. In my experience, meaningful contribution and hard work is certainly rewarded with career advancement opportunities. Additionally, TIBCO is full of impressive and experienced employees who have helped me develop in my career.

ConsTIBCO is does not offer the onsite perks other tech companies offer. The on campus experienced could be improved with an updating of the offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

TIBCO is an exciting place to be making a difference, and I know I have many avenues to pursue a rewarding career.

ProsTIBCO creates solutions and desirable outcomes! TIBCO's not about just selling software but creating innovative solutions, very quickly, that deliver the value customers are looking for. I've had complete flexibility and autonomy to make things happen. If you have an idea and want to pursue it, you most likely can.

ConsTIBCO has hundreds of products and that can seem overwhelming to some, especially new hires. The good thing is you can find a business area or technology to focus on and gradually expand your skills and knowledge into areas the market is taking us.

Great place to work, if you are willing!

Director (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

Pros- Flexible schedule
    - Great campus in Palo Alto: Gym, Cafe (great food), Well maintained workplace
    - Opportunity for career advancement
    - Execs are approachable, willing to get involved
    - Work is interesting and stimulating
    - Opportunity to travel if desired
    - Work/Life balance is understood and encouraged by management
    - Continuing education programs are available

Cons- Competitive environment between business units, sometimes causes conflict
    - Too many products, sometimes creates overlap
    - If you intent to work 9-5 commute can be slow
    - Expense report system could be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to see more of Vivek on campus. Would also encourage him to connect more closely with individual business units.
    Cut down on the number of products and really sharpen the global portfolio strategy. then communicate it directly to each BU.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 347 reviews posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.