TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)(in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable(in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings"(in 14 reviews)

TIBCO has been a very exciting company to work for!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe company allows you to move around where your talents will be best utilized. Your opinions are heard from management all the way to the execs and their assistance. It's a large company but internally feels like a tight family and operates like that of a well oiled machine.

ConsIt's not an easy company to leave. The relationships built here are ones that last a lifetime.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo always remember that your employees are the foundation of the company. When we are happy and treated like family we will do anything to make sure that this company succeeds. And we treat it like it is our own! With a strong team we can never fail.

Great place to work, if you are willing!

Director (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Pros- Flexible schedule
    - Great campus in Palo Alto: Gym, Cafe (great food), Well maintained workplace
    - Opportunity for career advancement
    - Execs are approachable, willing to get involved
    - Work is interesting and stimulating
    - Opportunity to travel if desired
    - Work/Life balance is understood and encouraged by management
    - Continuing education programs are available

Cons- Competitive environment between business units, sometimes causes conflict
    - Too many products, sometimes creates overlap
    - If you intent to work 9-5 commute can be slow
    - Expense report system could be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to see more of Vivek on campus. Would also encourage him to connect more closely with individual business units.
    Cut down on the number of products and really sharpen the global portfolio strategy. then communicate it directly to each BU.

very entrepreneurial

Client Facing (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proslots of leeway to do what you do best. ceo has amazing passion and the company isn't too big,..you have access to these guys

Conscertain people will not prosper here, figure that out beforehand

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been a pleasant experience to work in this company

Support Engineer (Current Employee) Chapel Hill, NC

ProsTeam spirits, flexible working hours, balance between work and life, good benefits. People are smart, professional, friendly, helpful, and responsive.

ConsThe compensation is not as high as expected. For expenses reasons not all employees can attend the annual users conferences.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo grow the business better

TIBCO was my vendor for over 9 years, before I joined the company.

Support Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTIBCO provides the leading business integration technology and solution to many types of industrial companies.

ConsTIBCO is very conservative in spending on their budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove advertising the TIBCO brand. There are many people who are using TIBCO in their daily life activities, but never heard about TIBCO as a company.

Great place to work

Sales Assistance (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHelpful employees, good products and positive company culture

ConsEmployee role changes and messaging updates are sometime hard to follow

Amazing company, great people

Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsEven though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up—creativity is appreciated and sought-after and the exchange of ideas is always welcomed. The management doesn't treat you like you're beneath them; instead, they align themselves as peers, which results in a much more enjoyable work experience and increased productivity.

ConsThere are so many products we offer, that it can sometimes seem like we could do better if we had a more narrow focus. Quantity doesn't beat quality when it comes to enterprise software.

Entrepreneurs dream company, with the scale of a $1B market leader

Vice President Marketing (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAt TIBCO you can be whatever you dream of being - I have had five jobs in five years and each one has been a unique experience. The senior management exposure is unique for a company this size.

ConsEnterprise market is not for the faint of heart. TIBCO plays against much bigger companies and that is never easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransition to new markets quickly

Professional but also fun and lively. I am working with a nice group of people and there is generally a good feeling.

Lead Web Applications Developer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsPeople are passionate about their work. A nice group to work with. The owner is a really nice guy and very inspiring.

ConsSometimes things are a little chaotic. Sometimes people change their minds at the last minute and you have to work longer hours to make it happen. But.. .well that's prob most tech jobs in the bay area.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe great dining hall was one of the big attractions to TIBCO. I am really impressed with all the care taken to provide healthy food. And a healthy work environment.

Only one thing that could be improved slightly with the dining hall would be to make sure that the food is not Genetically Engineered. Given how much care Bon-Appetite has taken with the quality and healthiness of the food in general I am a little surprised this was overlooked. I know that seems petty but somehow its a big deal to me.

Other advice to management would be to keep building on the great company culture you already have. My boss is really great and has inspired me to work a lot harder here than I have for other companies. And... when your motivated enough it does not even feel like work.

So basically just keep up the good work.

Great company to work for.

Senior Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility, compensation, People, direction, location

ConsDisjointed teams, company growing to fast

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegration begins at home. Too many products that are not easy to connect.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!