TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Working for TIBCO.

Senior Engineer Manager (Current Employee)

ProsA fast pace company that rewards their employees for their contribution to the company. It is a large company that allows for many career opportunities but still small enough for the executive management to know you.

The engineering staff is very dedicated to their work but still take time to discuss problem no matter how busy their schedule is.

Bleeding edge technology.

Multi cultural environment.

Great cafeteria in the Palo Alto office.

ConsThe company has tremendous upside but needs to clearer present its long term vision to the employees.

there are great opportunity to release personal creativity

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Proshere is a place where people are encouraged to look for challenges and you always have chance to utilize your creativity to resolve great problems

Consyou have to be a self driver who clearly know what you want to create with less room for follower

Excellent company to work with

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsI have been party of Tibco Software for past 5 years. Starting my career with Tibco gave me opportunity to work on the most advanced technology products (MDM, CEP, SOA, etc). The support of management for exploring new things has been tremendous. Tibco always provides the platform for young as well as experienced folks to focus more on innovation apart from the usual release work.

ConsTill date I haven't felt any downside working with the great organization.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work .Good human life and work balance. Good leadership and management and awesome employee benefits

Senior Product Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsGood work and life balance. Lots of opportunity to learn all TIBCO products.

ConsLearning limited to TIBCO products. some of internal process are slow.

cutting edge tech

Palo Alto, CA

Prospeople are good to work with

Consinvest in old areas with limited growth

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in high growth areas

I love the culture of the company

Palo Alto, CA

ProsLove the culture and people I work with, there is always an opportunity to grow, you are encouraged to take challenges and take responsibility.
    The company has great potential and great products to provide the 2-second advantage in today's challenging world.

Consnot many people know what TIBCO does but this will change soon as company is focusing more and more on marketing

Experience of a lifetime. Learning possibilities are endless.

Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe founder and CEO is personable and a 21st century innovator. He truly cares about his employees and his company.

ConsThe cafeteria sometimes sells out of delicious pastries - but don't worry, they will be back the next day!

Innovative and entrepreneurial

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsSmart people, great company spirit, incredible promise for the future. This is a company who's best days are ahead of it. It's led by a brilliant founder and CEO and that is pervasive throughout the organization.

ConsThere has been a heavy focus on engineering and sales historically, and marketing has not been heavily invested in until now. This has made it so that the brand of the company is not as well known as some others in the valley, despite the fact that the people and company is far better than most.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive the entrepreneurial excellence that has made this company so great for so many years

I've been working here a month, and intend to work here for the foreseeable future.

Boston, MA

ProsGreat salary, I felt it was a more than fair evaluation of my abilities. Nice people, nice CEOs to work with. The benefits are outstanding, everything I wanted and more is included in my standard benefits package. GREAT coffee/espresso machines (I'm a huge coffee person). My manager is considerate of my time, I choose my own hours and am not required to work overtime or weekends. The company is growing, and what with the varied industries it serves, the future of the company is very solid.

ConsNone yet! No company car?

TIBCO is one of the most customer-driven and sales-oriented companies I've ever seen.

Palo Alto, CA

ProsVery focused on results and there's not a lot of process overhead. Understanding who the movers and shakers are is critical to getting your job done. High quality of personal integrity in the people I work with.

ConsThere's pockets within the company where there's a lack of deep expertise and bench strength in executing at the level a $1 Billion company should be. The top 3-4 execs really run the company with a very tight leash. Not necessarily bad, but different than what I'm used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with sharing financial performance data for the product groups, so we can have a better sense of which products are pulling their weight and which areas additional investment or disinvestment makes sense (we all need to understand the business better).

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 346 reviews posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.