TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

TIBCO is one of the most customer-driven and sales-oriented companies I've ever seen.

Palo Alto, CA

ProsVery focused on results and there's not a lot of process overhead. Understanding who the movers and shakers are is critical to getting your job done. High quality of personal integrity in the people I work with.

ConsThere's pockets within the company where there's a lack of deep expertise and bench strength in executing at the level a $1 Billion company should be. The top 3-4 execs really run the company with a very tight leash. Not necessarily bad, but different than what I'm used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with sharing financial performance data for the product groups, so we can have a better sense of which products are pulling their weight and which areas additional investment or disinvestment makes sense (we all need to understand the business better).

TIBCO is an innovative software company with large growth potential if product development is executed properly.

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)

ProsStrong sales staff
    Passionate product developers
    Diverse portfolio of products

ConsInternal Processes can be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-invest in product development.
    Streamline management structure

The best thing about this company is to learn the latest technology. Keeping us ahead in the game..

Prosvery nice place to work, have developed long lasting friends, it's more about people here.

ConsTimelines are short. Put in lot of effort. Short of resources when needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave regular business sessions with employees. Show them where the $$ are coming from so that they put some effort. Need more business oriented roadmaps for products. An average employee should know where his salary is coming from, s/he has to be more aware of contributing towards the revenue...Management should Make them aware... show them the money so that they contribute :-).

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good opportunities for growth. Good pay and benefits. Smart people. Still a pretty big company.

ProsSolid company with vibrant personnel and technology. Smart people with global presence. Always looking to innovate and expand. Excellent compensation and benefits.

ConsThis is a pretty big company so share price and revenue are king. Make no mistake that these drive everything down to your day-to-day activities. Constant pressure to make everything bigger. Wait, isn't that the right way to do things?! Not when sales are rushed and customer solutions are not fully baked. And personnel can be arbitrarily let go (even if they are doing good, profitable work) just to keep keep the numbers looking good to Wall Street.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the intensity to innovate and keep the integrity you lead with. But if the expansion levels out and we start to look more like a value company than a growth company, then let the P/E ratio be what it's going to be and do your best to preserve the organization (the people) who got things to where they are. $300M in revenue per quarter with $40M of that in PROFIT ain't a bad day at the office, so why be glum that the Street isn't happy?

Enjoy working at TIBCO

ProsStrong technology
    Good set of software
    Good opportunities to work on various stuff in a given position
    Very flexible in terms of working hours
    Nice people

ConsAverage salary
    Working late evening to interact with off-shore engineering teams

TIBCO is helping to make the world a better place and it is a great place to work!

Business Development Executive (Current Employee)

ProsYou have the chance to work with some of the smartest people around. The technology is unique and it provides extreme value to companies and other organizations.

ConsThe brand recognition of TIBCO is not very strong. There is also a certain level of noticeable bureaucracy, as with any mid- to large-size corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease place a larger focus on marketing -- branding specifically. For example, it would be great to see some TIBCO television commercials, billboards, and signs in airports to raise brand awareness.

Great company with entrepreneurial spirit and transparent/sharing culture

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsSharing culture, competitive, team oriented, benefits.

It's a large, publicly traded company that feels like a smaller almost start up in nature given people's willingness the share and assist helping each other and customers.

Brilliant developers create amazing software that makes a difference in the world. And everyone is either making software or selling software to customers in need.

Internal social network, tibbr, is great tool to find resources, share ideas, and get work done.

ConsBig company logistics sometimes slows things down.

I work with smart people who are motivated to succeed.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsVisionary CEO, great co-workers, top tier clients and a strong value proposition.

ConsThere has been multiple management changes within the last year. New comp plan leaves much to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd like to see a clearer path to career development and promotion.

TIBCO -- great place to work

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

Pros-- reasonable work expectations, focus on results -- not politics, culture which fosters working together -- helping others, nice employees, pleasant physical work environment, flexibility to work from home given personal needs

Consneed to work during the day plus usually two evenings per week due to need to collaborate with off-site employees, little hands-on training provided on daily-used internal applications

Love to be Working@TIBCO

Senior Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsWorking at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 13 years. Joined as contractor in 2000 and got hired by TIBCO as employee in 2007; treated me like an employee even when I was contractor. Work culture is good, competitive and collaborative environment; huge product(s) foot print and plenty of opportunities to learn the latest and greatest event based real-time technologies. Good reputation and worldwide presence. Highly technical people, remarkable concentration of genius, R&D and is also one of key focus areas apart from having FUN!

ConsSometime it may appear that climbing up the ladder is politically difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good work!

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 347 reviews posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.