TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 7, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)(in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable(in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings"(in 14 reviews)

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work, but like all companies, it has its share of issues

Senior Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- professional environment
    - nice co-workers (for the most part)
    - products that really work
    - employees are passionate about the products and company
    - problems solving culture - ie, know that they need to add value for their clients
    - many opportunities for employees to get together and talk shop and get trained!

Cons- comp: they are cheap for the most part
    - often short staffed due too many "hiring freezes"
    - too quarterly driven (can you really blame them or any public company?)
    - like all companies this size sometimes the left had doesn't know what the right is up to

Advice to Senior Management- better communication to the front line employees

Entrepreneurs dream company, with the scale of a $1B market leader

Vice President Marketing (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAt TIBCO you can be whatever you dream of being - I have had five jobs in five years and each one has been a unique experience. The senior management exposure is unique for a company this size.

ConsEnterprise market is not for the faint of heart. TIBCO plays against much bigger companies and that is never easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransition to new markets quickly

there are great opportunity to release personal creativity

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proshere is a place where people are encouraged to look for challenges and you always have chance to utilize your creativity to resolve great problems

Consyou have to be a self driver who clearly know what you want to create with less room for follower

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very entrepreneurial

Client Facing (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proslots of leeway to do what you do best. ceo has amazing passion and the company isn't too big,..you have access to these guys

Conscertain people will not prosper here, figure that out beforehand

TIBCO was my vendor for over 9 years, before I joined the company.

Support Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTIBCO provides the leading business integration technology and solution to many types of industrial companies.

ConsTIBCO is very conservative in spending on their budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove advertising the TIBCO brand. There are many people who are using TIBCO in their daily life activities, but never heard about TIBCO as a company.

Great place to work

Sales Assistance (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHelpful employees, good products and positive company culture

ConsEmployee role changes and messaging updates are sometime hard to follow

Happy in my new home

Senior Solution Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMy boss is awesome. He's super encouraging, and he really knows his stuff when it comes to our software. He lets me screw up, and gives me 'unvarnished feedback' in such a way that it feel constructive. Overall, the company has a ton of potential and, I feel, the right people leading things.

ConsThe product that I work on, Spotfire, is better at 'the hard stuff' than our competitors, but our competitors are 'prettier'. That doesn't sound like a huge problem until you realize that 'pretty' matters quite a bit in the data visualization space.

Also, TIBCO has something like 400 products overall. Sometimes, it's hard to really know what resources are really available.

Advice to Senior ManagementOften times, it's very easy to prioritize what to focus on when you're a company like ours; where the history has been B2B selling. But with software like Spotfire, we need to remember that the people who we need to convince are real people too, and things like ease of use and prettiness will often trump advanced statistical analysis.

A great place to make money and learn business practices.

QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsStability, Enterprise-grade, decent support, tons of products, lots of experience in their staff.

ConsEnterprise, all Java, corporate structure, some products are impossible to understand, resistant to change to new tools.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employees, especially the ones with revolutionary ideas.

Challenging and rewarding

Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDiversity of opportunities
    Dynamic and challenging environment
    Good products

ConsQuarterly sales drive the company

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster innovation
    Leverage people who think out of the box

As a small company, Good place to Work gain lot of experience.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompany has made presence in Integration space and quickly growing into CEP and BPM market which are hot cakes. Also it cares about employees getting trained and learn more.

ConsNot lot of room to move around. If you are in Professional service. Hence after couple of years you will feel your role redundant.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!