TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews in Palo Alto, CA

Updated Jul 14, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)(in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable(in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings"(in 14 reviews)

82 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome, best experience in my career. Hear TIBCO has changed a lot since I left though.

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat management, lot of trust and independence and a true meritocracy. Lot of opportunity to grow and learn and explore roles without hard titles.

ConsTop management did change a lot and lot of people left the company as a result. Also seems like the company is not too keen to go big, so much as there is opportunity to step to the next level, doesn't seem like the company is going places. Not much work-life balance, but work is super enjoyable.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a new CEO.

Great company to work for, but not fast enough to adapt to new industry culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsBig clients including many fortune 500 corporations, and great in-depth set of products. The job location is great, awful on-site cafe, flexibility to work from home, against traffic on my commute.

ConsNot fast enough to change the culture from enterprise sales based model, to cloud self-service based model that is required in today's date and time. Salary levels have dropped in comparison to industry, minimal bonus and pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt cloud based culture fast enough. Review salary levels specially at below executive level jobs.

Big company issues

Consultant (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsSome products definitely use cutting edge technology

ConsLess compensation
    Management is not very interactive

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interaction with the employees
    CEO usually only tweets about basketball, and not Tibco. It would be nice to hear his comments on what differentiates Tibco in this space

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good place for first job

Senior Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prosgood technology, good people, more opportunities for interns

Consno focus of products, trouble to find a furture

I work as Sr Manager in Quality department...

Senior Manager QA (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThis place used to be very good for working and for trying new ideas since there was a time when TIBCO was doing new things and was investing in right direction....

ConsTIBCO has zero accountability at higher management...you can fail number of times and there is no impact to your package or your promotions...TIBCO has very regular salary, it's hard to expect other benefits such as RSU, Stock since you get very less of stocks, RSU and stock price is falling...culture is good but it's not thriving place to build your career ....

Advice to Senior ManagementValue people and pay them right...Get right people for right job...don't look for leaders within the company always...please make higher management responsible for their outcome...just meeting quarters should not be goal...goal should be to show a growth potential...very ordinary salary and no great potential is not going to take this company long way...

Nice place to work

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Proswork culture is great and easy going, people are friendly and they help each other, cafeteria is good, also has all other facilities on the site like gym and recreation sportes. Some smart people work here and they are willing to guide

Consdelay in hiring, should hire people quickly. higher management sometimes does not take proper decision on the right time and loose good people for work.

Advice to Senior Managementmore aggressive on new tech

If you want to solve problems others cannot, this is the place to be!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsVery innovative and customer focused culture. Career mobility across functions and geographies even if you haven't done the job before, but you need to show the initiative. Highly relevant technology with social, mobile, loyalty, predictive analytics, and integration platform. The place to be if you are driven and want to keep raising the bar.

ConsIf you are looking for a steady state job environment, this is not the place as the pace is high and you will feel like you are getting left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the smartest kids around the world.

Senior Business Development Executive

Senior Business Development Executive (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat work environment, team focus and customer centric, great location!

ConsNone come to mind, It is by far the best employment experience i have ever had

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider posting a more accessible location of where I may find the new job and promotion opportunities.

Great company going places with great technology

Senior Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsCompany culture is great. Driven leadership to be the best. Technology is top notch and consistently wins in the marketplace.

ConsCould have a better work-life balance; although it is still much better than the last 2 Software companies I worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrink more of our own champagne.

They know technology, but not how to apply it.

Software Architect (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat technology, smart employees, good opportunities for cross-training.

ConsPoor work-life balance. Software sales is the bottom line. Management knows technology but not how to manage. No opportunity for advancement. Must know the products that make the sales (BW, EMS) to stay on client engagements.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider employees work-life balance.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!