TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews in Paris France

Updated Feb 18, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights
4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company with Great People

Architect (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Pros* it's a company that is expanding (revenue, staffing, products offering)
    * the company mood is good
    * there's a lot of amazing people here, really expert in there field and from which you can learn from.
    * TIBBR, the internal social network allow you to share key information, get help from people who knows about your issue
    * There's a culture of recognition of work being successfully accomplished (mail to N+1,N+2 etc..), award, prices, and $$$, which is really motivating.
    * Events are organized for consultant 2 times a years in nice places (each for half of employee) to recieve update on the company strategy, learn new thing and most importantly, make some networking inside the company so that later on, you can get help from the good people, ease opportunities to turn to contracts.
    * internal opportunities : I've seen people moving from countries to countries based on their personal needs. You can work at country level, continent level, or worldwide. (the wider you work, the better you are skilled and paid ;)

Conscompany is growing, which comes with somes changes that are not understood as the training not being count anymore as productive time (so get a training will impact negatively your bonus...)...

Consultant are already heavily staffed, so it's difficult to find time to get trained, if it's not productive, it will be hard to have people motivated to be train and certified, and it's strategically bad for the company.

Advice to Senior Management* On a management perspective :
    the recent decision to drop training time (10 days/years) being productive, is a very bad signal send to employee and a bad strategic decision, as this will not increase our skills on existing products, new products and get certified ==> and client expect TIBCO employee to be certified.

*On internal processes :
    We could use our own solution to ease, make quicker our internal process, which are currently too heavy.

For example, I've seen how education team are working : only by email while there's a lot a process (in a BPM way), everybody receives everyday hundreds of mail that is of no interest to them, but each people have to review each one to be sure not to miss information ==> this is a gigantic waste of time and energy, make the job position a nightmare and not rewarding (I'm reading mail => We could deploy AMXBPM.

+ Having real project internally that use our products could give us a good feedback and increase our product.

Heading a support team of a leader software editor

Manager (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsTIBCO is a real and strong software editor. Unlike a small one where i used to work in the past, TIBCO has dedicated teams with clear and official escalation paths, means, processes, quality... And even more important a group strategy.
    Being part of it is a great opportunity as well as a strong experience in the resume.

ConsSome will miss the reactivity/flexibility there is in startups/small companies, TIBCO can for sure be slow because of internal processes as any significant companies.
    Worse, cost reduction have reduced non strategic activities to the minimum (HR, IT, administrative), under a reasonnable level for such internal services.

Advice to Senior ManagementPayrise policy & corporates bonuses are a demotivation factor, especially when there is such significant differences between departments. People do talk about money.

Mediocre professional experience from a marketing POV but positive re: the product and people.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsRecently hired a pretty fierce CMO who has hit the ground running and is implementing smart and significant organizational (not to mention branding) changes acrross geographies. It's about time TIBCO!!

ConsCONSTANTLY changing organization structure - especially within the marketing departments. High turnover. Very little marketing leadership accountability in EMEA with unstructured, unmeasured and unstrategic methods left to make moderate (at best) contributions to the overall business.

Until very recently, very little attention and investment was given to marketing. It is slowly changing, but remains a very siloed and limited (only field marketing) approach that lacks funding and creative impetus.

Change is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to play a much more active role in understanding who is working with you! There is currently no review process in place. Evaluations, career path development and people management is a painfully absent component of the HR structure and strategy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

From CTS to Support team.

Support Engineer (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsA software company means that you have engineerings, consultings, sales, pre-sales, supports thus many opportunities to find a job. There is aslo the opportunity to learn new technologies.

ConsNo enough opportunites to change from support to CTS or CTS to engineering

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!