TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)(in 19 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable(in 14 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings"(in 14 reviews)

Great first job

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsCutting edge technology and some of the biggest clients in the world. Able to work in every kind of corporate environment imaginable.

Cons85% Travel means little time for family

Good company

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsAutonomy, smart people, work-life balance.

ConsIn team selling opportunities, they leave it to the reps to determine the comp split. Double comp would encourage for team selling and higher ACV and TCVs

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid of associates and managers that are not "yes' people. Listen and consider those that challenge the status quo.

Double compensate on deals where multiple reps are team selling. Many opportunities are lost because this provision is not in place.

Great company to work for, but not fast enough to adapt to new industry culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsBig clients including many fortune 500 corporations, and great in-depth set of products. The job location is great, awful on-site cafe, flexibility to work from home, against traffic on my commute.

ConsNot fast enough to change the culture from enterprise sales based model, to cloud self-service based model that is required in today's date and time. Salary levels have dropped in comparison to industry, minimal bonus and pay raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt cloud based culture fast enough. Review salary levels specially at below executive level jobs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solution architech

Prosstable good company. Good location.

ConsNo raise. little bonus. More workload

Stuck where I'm at

Various (Current Employee)

ProsThe reason I stay at this job is location flexibility, working at home, good boss and minimal travel for my current position.

ConsThe frustrations I have working at TIBCO are low pay, minimal bonuses and pay raises, and lack of job promotion.

Big company issues

Consultant (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsSome products definitely use cutting edge technology

ConsLess compensation
    Management is not very interactive

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interaction with the employees
    CEO usually only tweets about basketball, and not Tibco. It would be nice to hear his comments on what differentiates Tibco in this space

good place for first job

Senior Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prosgood technology, good people, more opportunities for interns

Consno focus of products, trouble to find a furture

Too much to fast

ProsGreat people and good benefits.

ConsAquires to many company with no full integration plan. Internal departments fight for revenue recognition and sales leads. Very difficult to know where you stand at any given time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a CEO focused on the business not just a figure head.

Great place to work, but like all companies, it has its share of issues

Senior Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- professional environment
    - nice co-workers (for the most part)
    - products that really work
    - employees are passionate about the products and company
    - problems solving culture - ie, know that they need to add value for their clients
    - many opportunities for employees to get together and talk shop and get trained!

Cons- comp: they are cheap for the most part
    - often short staffed due too many "hiring freezes"
    - too quarterly driven (can you really blame them or any public company?)
    - like all companies this size sometimes the left had doesn't know what the right is up to

Advice to Senior Management- better communication to the front line employees

Good company that treats employees very well

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBase pay isn't great but bonuses or commissions can be excellent. Nice people and smart people to work with. Training programs have gotten better. Many good products. The infrastructure group has a solid business.

ConsVery aggressive growth goals, without enough marketing support.
    Problems with sales management and competition within sales groups. The Spotfire group has been experiencing some chaos and losing market share in a crowded space.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more customer focused and less of "the customer will do things our way."

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!