www.tibco.com

Updated November 20, 2014
3.8

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé
Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 26 reviews)

• Work culture is very relaxed and the main office is on a beautiful lake (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 13 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

good company to work with

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

good benefits and overall work culture

Cons

nothing particular that I can think of

Nepotism at its worst...Crap leadership...Overly complex...Workforce appears to have succumbed to Stockholm Syndrom

Current Employee - Director in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting collection of technologies - in danger of becoming obsolete

Cons

Leadership is a term that doesn't apply here. It's all about senior managers looking out for themselves and their drinking buddies

Terrible internal systems and processes...

Success depends more on who you know rather than what you do...

Comp plans are notoriously late in being approved. My 2014 plan came in the end of October ... the FY ends 30 November

The company has no cloud strategy or product base

Former Employee - QA Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Work culture is very relaxed and the main office is on a beautiful lake.

Cons

The culture is somewhat boring, and there is a strict hierarchy because some people have been at the company for years.

Overall a decent company

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is supportive for those who want to work on international assignments or movement within other departments within the organization.
    Good 401k match, commuter check subsidy of $100 per month. Multiple offices across the globe so work is handed over to different regions, very good model for 24x7 kind of work.

Cons

Bonus varies as per company performance. No official work from home policy. Can do better with employee training and career/professional development.

Avoid Poorly Managed

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a small handful of staff that will act as real colleagues and collaborate.

Cons

Terrible management, that churns and burns staff. It is an employee unfriendly company and management is encourage to blame staff for short comings. Way too many mediocre people in management for too long and they are encouraged to abuse and fire staff. In essence, A CEO who thinks he is a basketball expert (he is not) with chaotic, incoherent product strategies and chaotic inconsistent acquisition logic. A poor reactive company. Avoid.

N/A they wouldn't listen let alone understand. Historically, this has always been a troubled company with massive discontent among the divisions.

Not to be taken seriously anymore

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are none left offer here.

Cons

since the announcement of the acquisition, we are stuck doing busy-work with no product enhancement/development in sight. no road-map. No forward-looking strategy. We will most likely be sold off bit by bit. The high-paid management knows their days are also numbered and just don't care at this point. I'd say entertain a high-paid contract position here if offered, but don't invest your career here or you will meet a brick wall.

You have ruined this company. You took your eye off the products and the customer-satisfaction levels.

Ok

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Friendly coworkers and nice office

Cons

Unqualified manager for someone is referred and got hired after a 15 minutes interview.

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started working at TIBCO straight out of college as a digital marketing intern. I had a lot to learn, and I can easily say that at my time here at TIBCO, I don't think I could have learned more anywhere else. You are surrounded by a lot of creative and intelligent people who have a lot of experience and know what they are doing. Everyone supports one another, and the benefits are great as well. I would recommend working there to anyone.

Cons

The cafe gets extremely crowded and they just increased the price of food there by quite a bit.

Awful company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with some smart people but they lack long term vision. Product is good but company is mismanaged. The company went private and job security was nil. Gym, cafeteria etc are good.

Cons

They are highly disorganized and lack vision. They hire and fire, this company DOES not care at all for employees. It's better to work as a contractor here. HR is highly unresponsive especially in the hiring stages. There is no flexibility to work from home. You earn no PTO and if you don't end up taking paid vacation after months of working, you simply lose it. You have to lick the feet of management to keep your job. Overall, I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Upper Management Clueless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Amazingly talented people working at lower and mid-level. A few good people in the upper-level positions. Great on-site cafeteria and fitness center. Good, kind people to work with. Interesting product ideas, even if not always implemented well.

Cons

Pay is usually quite a bit under market value, bonuses are slim. True appreciation for work that is above-and-beyond the call of duty is rarely truly recognized. CEO is more interested in his sports team than his company. Upper management are an old-boy network. Occasionally they will replace people in upper-management positions, but always people who think exactly the same way and tow the same line. Upper-management thinking is always short-term, with no true long-term thinking. Executives completely out of touch with the people on the front lines and in the ditches. Constant worry about the next quarter's goals, while sacrificing the long-term quality of the product. They once had high-quality, robust products. Now they mostly push out products that are not ready for production in the name of "revenue recognition", often spelling the death of products with a lot of potential.

Get with it. The people that build your products really do know what is most wrong with the company, but you aren't ready to listen. Sometimes you have to take a hit with bad numbers one quarter to get the right product out there. In the end, a solid quality product will make MUCH more money than the severely-discounted, not-yet-ready product you push off onto your customers. And remember that every customer you burn with this scheme is a customer that will not come back to TIBCO for other products. Let us build the products that they should be. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Get some people with a new way of thinking into some executive positions. It's what's most sorely needed in this company.