TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated October 12, 2014
3.8

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé
Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 23 reviews)

• Awesome with respect to payments and work culture (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 13 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

good company to work with

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

good benefits and overall work culture

Cons

nothing particular that I can think of

Overall a decent company

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is supportive for those who want to work on international assignments or movement within other departments within the organization.
    Good 401k match, commuter check subsidy of $100 per month. Multiple offices across the globe so work is handed over to different regions, very good model for 24x7 kind of work.

Cons

Bonus varies as per company performance. No official work from home policy. Can do better with employee training and career/professional development.

Ship going nowhere

I have been working at TIBCO Software (more than an year)

Pros

Good technology and smart employees. Nice HQ location, benefits.

Cons

Senior and middle management clueless. Many directors and VPs don't even deserve to be first-line managers.

Dump unwanted products and consolidate brand identity around some products. Don't try to be a jack of all trades.

Upper Management Clueless

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Amazingly talented people working at lower and mid-level. A few good people in the upper-level positions. Great on-site cafeteria and fitness center. Good, kind people to work with. Interesting product ideas, even if not always implemented well.

Cons

Pay is usually quite a bit under market value, bonuses are slim. True appreciation for work that is above-and-beyond the call of duty is rarely truly recognized. CEO is more interested in his sports team than his company. Upper management are an old-boy network. Occasionally they will replace people in upper-management positions, but always people who think exactly the same way and tow the same line. Upper-management thinking is always short-term, with no true long-term thinking. Executives completely out of touch with the people on the front lines and in the ditches. Constant worry about the next quarter's goals, while sacrificing the long-term quality of the product. They once had high-quality, robust products. Now they mostly push out products that are not ready for production in the name of "revenue recognition", often spelling the death of products with a lot of potential.

Get with it. The people that build your products really do know what is most wrong with the company, but you aren't ready to listen. Sometimes you have to take a hit with bad numbers one quarter to get the right product out there. In the end, a solid quality product will make MUCH more money than the severely-discounted, not-yet-ready product you push off onto your customers. And remember that every customer you burn with this scheme is a customer that will not come back to TIBCO for other products. Let us build the products that they should be. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Get some people with a new way of thinking into some executive positions. It's what's most sorely needed in this company.

Good at the beginning

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Café on site. Learning opportunities. Some places for advancement. Friendly people over all, every place has it's bad apples.

Cons

Management turned a blind eye to issues.

React quicker to issues. Eliminate the road block people sooner instead of after people start leaving because of them.

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started working at TIBCO straight out of college as a digital marketing intern. I had a lot to learn, and I can easily say that at my time here at TIBCO, I don't think I could have learned more anywhere else. You are surrounded by a lot of creative and intelligent people who have a lot of experience and know what they are doing. Everyone supports one another, and the benefits are great as well. I would recommend working there to anyone.

Cons

The cafe gets extremely crowded and they just increased the price of food there by quite a bit.

Ok

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Friendly coworkers and nice office

Cons

Unqualified manager for someone is referred and got hired after a 15 minutes interview.

Interesting

Current Employee - Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Package, Opportunities, Work culture

Cons

Nothing that i can point out

N/A

The facts and under-performance speak for themselves

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting salary, that's about all I can say.

Cons

Clueless upper-management. They currently have people who barely speak English (as their first language) presenting to C-level execs and set a bad tone with employees as well as potential net-new customers...which are scarce. Even before the announcement of going private, there was/is a culture of back-stabbing, "not my problem" and blaming the previous guard, even though the newer execs have no gains in revenue to show for their tenure.

This is exactly what happens when you stop taking the business seriously. Shuffling execs around to make it look like you are doing something new and firing key salespeople to bring in yes-men/cronies is exactly how you lose credibility with your marquis accounts. The dye is cast; TIBCO will not be around in the same form this time next year anyway, so the point is now moot.

Sr. Network Engineer

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Good work culture, Good benefits, Awesome Cafe, comparable Salary, brown bag events.

Cons

IT network Team does not communicate among the team, Less RSUs compared to industry. I am not recommending only for this group, all other groups are very good from what I heard and interacted.

Leadership should have more skip level meetings, have open discussions.