TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great product set

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

ProsSolid company, very innovative technical team
good training opportunities
Products work, and have a great professional services team

Consa little challenging for remote employees

Awesome culture

I have been working at TIBCO Software part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company is great and has awesome culture ,friendly atmosphere and provides opportunity for growth.

ConsThe company needs to innovate on new products and shift directions towards growth.

Excellent People, Great Products

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

ProsEveryone is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. You have the opportunity here to work on very big and interesting solutions. The company is big enough to compete with anybody, but small enough that it is possible to move quicker and be more responsive to customers. Also, best corporate cafeteria ever!

ConsDevelopment teams are geographically dispersed, often making it difficult to coordinate across time zones. Engineering is under-staffed relative to the product goals set forth.

Great place to work

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat people, innovative products, lots of learning opportunities

Consemployee benefits could be better

I work as Sr Manager in Quality department...

Senior Manager QA (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThis place used to be very good for working and for trying new ideas since there was a time when TIBCO was doing new things and was investing in right direction....

ConsTIBCO has zero accountability at higher management...you can fail number of times and there is no impact to your package or your promotions...TIBCO has very regular salary, it's hard to expect other benefits such as RSU, Stock since you get very less of stocks, RSU and stock price is falling...culture is good but it's not thriving place to build your career ....

Advice to Senior ManagementValue people and pay them right...Get right people for right job...don't look for leaders within the company always...please make higher management responsible for their outcome...just meeting quarters should not be goal...goal should be to show a growth potential...very ordinary salary and no great potential is not going to take this company long way...

TIBCO

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

ProsWork from home is acceptable. Great vacation and sick benefits.

ConsUnable to advance career. Low salary possibly due to discrimination.

Below market compensation

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVariety of Technology to work on.
Cafe and company campus is quite nice.

ConsCompensation is way below the market rate and Management is not doing much to retain the quality resources due to these below market compensation.

Upper Management is not keen on addressing/fixing problems which employees are spotting left, right and central.

Technology stack is too wide (variety), but management is not able to generate constant revenue stream out of it, and hence the situation where unpleasant cost-cutting decisions are been pushed to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes, act on the feedbacks. It is easy to spot, and fixable (only if you have that mindset)

Do remember that - Engineering is the core for a technology company, and not the sales or support. And so compensate them accordingly. No brainer !!!

Nice place to work

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Proswork culture is great and easy going, people are friendly and they help each other, cafeteria is good, also has all other facilities on the site like gym and recreation sportes. Some smart people work here and they are willing to guide

Consdelay in hiring, should hire people quickly. higher management sometimes does not take proper decision on the right time and loose good people for work.

Advice to Senior Managementmore aggressive on new tech

hard to find a better company to work for...

Senior Architect (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- people.. some of the smartest people you will ever work with...really helping and care for each other. I work in consulting division within central and it is one big happy family.
- lots of opportunity to move around. if you know what you want to do, its is really easy to move around
- senior management is really great..they know what they are doing.. every one is really focussed and passionate about taking TIBCO to the next level
- product...TIBCO products are far superior than everyone else in every market where TIBCO competes....lots of learning opportunity.

Cons- in my current job, the thing i hate the most is travel...requires travel every week monday thru thursday...

- there

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue doing what you have been doing....

Mostly excellent managers who have given me a fantastic amount of leeway to do my job the way I see fit.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent manager. Have been able to move to different roles over a long time at the company. Company focus on the customer has led us to continue to enlarge the business over many years.

ConsDepartmental silos, and even silos within departments hinder opportunities for even greater success. Management knows this is an issue, but it isn't a top priority, so it usually takes someone with a lot of motivation to overcome what should be a simple problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a stronger culture for cooperating and innovating across different organizational silos.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 328 reviews posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.