TIBCO Software Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great place to work. Good benefits, good atmosphere, good opportunities.

Current Employee - Marketing in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

I've worked at TIBCO through a number of transitions, and I feel like we're at our best state right now. For the first time in over 5 years, I feel completely confident with our CEO, our head of engineering, our head of sales, and our CMO. While I've seen many executives who are either out of touch with employees, or who don't do much work, our current group probably puts in more hours of work, than a majority of the employees. I know they all care about the company, they know the products, know what we have to do to succeed, and they truly care about the employees. I don't know too many CEOs who will stop and talk with employees in the hallway, or even eat in the same cafe. I feel like the right people are finally in place to take advantage of our place in the market, and take advantage of becoming a private company. On a completely separate note, I feel TIBCO has better benefits than any other company I've worked at, matches 401k, has a transparent bonus and focal plan in place, and has always provided great promotion opportunities - for those who earn it, or seize those opportunities.

Cons

I feel some employees have developed a very negative attitude over the last couple years, and no matter how positive things get, still see only the bad side. I agree that in the past there has been poor direction from the top, but pieces are in place now, to fix those issues.

Advice to Management

Keep giving clear information to employees. Employees appreciate leaders who have a plan, give direction to implement that plan, and acknowledge the employees to work hard to see the plan through.

False reviews

Former Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People on department teams are nice sometimes

Cons

Do not believe the reviews HR had informed employees to write positive reviews so they can recruit since every one is leaving due to sale of company. Upper management is only friendly if you are in their circle. Also pictures are not of Palo alto office and ine picture has a whole department they laid off. .yes lay offs they will continue. Luckily i was not one but stay away from this company...

has been better

Current Employee - Senior Engineer Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun to work, and not high demanding, agile working environment, cafe

Cons

management, politics, low-salary, low-compensation, no-visibility

Advice to Management

focus on the product, not politics

5. TIBCO Culture and Benefits

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

TIBCO has great benefits TIBCO has a work hard play hard mentality

Cons

Change from large company to private company takes adjustment

Advice to Management

keep benefits and make salaries competitive

6. In transition

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Great products in some areas

Cons

Uncertainties going forward as people, process, and products change

Advice to Management

Enjoy the honeymoon

7. Good place to work, good job growth opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Great products, used by the customers to do some truly amazing things * Great people, making it a great place to work * Flexibility, allowing you to do what is needed to get your work done. If you are someone who is self-motivated the environment is one that you can get a lot done in and be recognized for your contribution * Overall compensation package, benefits, etc. very good

Cons

* Like any mid-size to large company some decisions are made slow * The recent change in control resulted in cutbacks in some areas to provide focus and investment in other areas, resulting in loss of some talented people

Advice to Management

* Continue to define the vision and focus around the Fast Data platform, it is resonating well with customers and will help drive our growth.

Not recommended

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at TIBCO Software (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company, some people are passionate about their work.

Cons

After the acquisition by Equity Partner company is restructuring Focused on replacing Tableau, Excel and the likes. Has not done well in Gartner report comparison in the last two years. Lost their Key Cloud developers

9. Associate member of technical staff

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at TIBCO Software (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Lot of opportunities to learn new technologies

Cons

Nothing that I can remember

10. Work Hard, Play Hard!

Current Employee - Customer Support Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere for work/life balance. Fast paced, intellectually challenging.

Cons

Limited career growth. Unclear corporate vision.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase visibility of objectives and company mission and vision. Continue to invest in your employees. Provide clear career growth paths with well defined objectives to reach career goals.

Veteran of middleware, integration and SOA software

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

- if you are willing to take some chances, get off the porch and run with the big dogs, you can do that here. Risk takers and hard workers thrive. The meek & whiners should stay home. - this company is in transition. It's less about where we've come from and more about where we're going. We've assembled a solid collection of technology, a fresh product vision, and have real value to offer customers. There is a lot of "beef in the bun". - Vista acquisition is a good thing. Their philosophy is built on the concept of deployment of best practices that have been proven to work. Yes, it is fomulaic, but that's not a bad thing if it produces proven results. Can't argue with past results. - This is not a back stabbing culture. Political intrigue is low. People just want to get the job done. - recent turnover is creating a lot of career opportunities for TIBCO employees right now. Lot's of fresh thinking being injected into the organization.

Cons

- the next 6-9 months are going to be a little stressful as we work our way through the Vista transition, get our product strategy and roadmaps in place, replace people who've left, stabilize organizations, and get dialed in on our marketing focus. This in normal in an acquisition. - it's not clear yet how the culture will shift as the result of going private. Some people won't like the degree of personal accountability and metrics being brought in by Vista. Personally, I think it will result in weeding out some of the less competent people. (con for them, pro for the rest of us!)

Advice to Management

Keep focused on developing a clear, well integrated product strategy that will take us forward. Help us understand the impact that Vista best practices are actually having on company operations and performance. Make it a learning experience for as many as possible. Don't cut back or shift burden on the healthcare benefits. People really value that.

RSS Feed </> Embed