TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated September 25, 2014
3.8

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé
Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 22 reviews)

• Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 12 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Enjoyable and a great experience

I have been working at TIBCO Software for more than 3 years

Pros

Knowledgeable and extremely smart people. Great culture, people are always willing to help, the benefits are a great plus.

Cons

TIBCO is not for someone who would want to coast to get by, you are encouraged and expected to go above and beyond. Also internal processes can slow you down, however that is extremely minor in my opinion and any large organization has these issues.

Keep chugging along and remain focused.

TIBCO is an amazing company to work for, the people are passionate, innovative, dedicated, hardworking and very smart.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a team environment where everyone wants to see our customers be successful. The culture is very entrepreneurial. There are many employees that have been here 10+ years.

Cons

Due to the entrepreneurial nature sometimes there is a lack of processes/formalities that other large companies might have but I think that is what make TIBCO unique and a fun place to work.

TIBCO has been a great career, I have learned things I never thought I would use in my work history.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

TIBCO offers the opportunity to learn new technology and leverage that into helping our clients better use our products. There are challenges every day, it is never boring and always exciting. The benefits are second to none. Time off, and health benefits are both great and cost effective with the available choices.

Cons

There is a lot to learn, and in a short time to better perform the various duties assigned to us. Training can be hard to come by, it is best learned on the fly as the SW changes rapidly. Annual reviews and raises could be better to compensate for the hard work everyone puts in to keep our clients happy with our products.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A fun and positive place to work.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

TIBCO has great people and great products. There is definally a very positive message coming from the top of the organization and they know where they want to take this company. A very good place for those who are self directed as the work force is pretty scattered geographically.

Cons

The work nevers tops, work life balance is hard to maintain. All the focus is on sales so the organizations supporting sales are lean and the workload is high. It can be high stress to keep up with the volume of work. There is not a lot of opportunity for career advancement or salary increases.

Find a way to motivate and compensate employees that are not in sales. There are very few of us and we have to work very hard to support your sales force. Sales force grows, but support organizations do not.

TIBCO is simply a World-class company!! Smart people, smart products and a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Smart people, open minded and always ready to deliver the very best to customers

Cons

Hard to find a downside

Great place to be

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

company culture, great products, innovation

Cons

In some roles there is travel

keep rolling out great products

Best of the Best are here!!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with the best, be paid the best, and know you will never work for a better company.

Cons

Be prepared to work as hard as you ever have.

Vivek will not lose because he refuses to bring in talent less than "great". Don't ever lose that mindset. It takes every single person contributing to win business consistently.

Best company to growth as employee

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- flexiblity
    - imaginative
    - best technology
    - clear vision

Cons

- I have not fout nothing yet.

13 years in sales

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

Billion dollar company with a strong focus on our customers and their success.

Cons

Extensive product line can impact focus. Not a lot of process if that is important to you

Improve communication

Results-driven culture with impressive and experienced employees in every department

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

TIBCO maintains a results-driven culture. In my experience, meaningful contribution and hard work is certainly rewarded with career advancement opportunities. Additionally, TIBCO is full of impressive and experienced employees who have helped me develop in my career.

Cons

TIBCO is does not offer the onsite perks other tech companies offer. The on campus experienced could be improved with an updating of the offices.

Keep up the good work.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!