www.tibco.com
Employer Engaged

Not to be taken seriously anymore

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are none left offer here.

Cons

since the announcement of the acquisition, we are stuck doing busy-work with no product enhancement/development in sight. no road-map. No forward-looking strategy. We will most likely be sold off bit by bit. The high-paid management knows their days are also numbered and just don't care at this point. I'd say entertain a high-paid contract position here if offered, but don't invest your career here or you will meet a brick wall.

You have ruined this company. You took your eye off the products and the customer-satisfaction levels.

Former Employee - QA Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Work culture is very relaxed and the main office is on a beautiful lake.

Cons

The culture is somewhat boring, and there is a strict hierarchy because some people have been at the company for years.

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I started working at TIBCO straight out of college as a digital marketing intern. I had a lot to learn, and I can easily say that at my time here at TIBCO, I don't think I could have learned more anywhere else. You are surrounded by a lot of creative and intelligent people who have a lot of experience and know what they are doing. Everyone supports one another, and the benefits are great as well. I would recommend working there to anyone.

Cons

The cafe gets extremely crowded and they just increased the price of food there by quite a bit.

Ok

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Friendly coworkers and nice office

Cons

Unqualified manager for someone is referred and got hired after a 15 minutes interview.

Awful company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked with some smart people but they lack long term vision. Product is good but company is mismanaged. The company went private and job security was nil. Gym, cafeteria etc are good.

Cons

They are highly disorganized and lack vision. They hire and fire, this company DOES not care at all for employees. It's better to work as a contractor here. HR is highly unresponsive especially in the hiring stages. There is no flexibility to work from home. You earn no PTO and if you don't end up taking paid vacation after months of working, you simply lose it. You have to lick the feet of management to keep your job. Overall, I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Upper Management Clueless

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Amazingly talented people working at lower and mid-level. A few good people in the upper-level positions. Great on-site cafeteria and fitness center. Good, kind people to work with. Interesting product ideas, even if not always implemented well.

Cons

Pay is usually quite a bit under market value, bonuses are slim. True appreciation for work that is above-and-beyond the call of duty is rarely truly recognized. CEO is more interested in his sports team than his company. Upper management are an old-boy network. Occasionally they will replace people in upper-management positions, but always people who think exactly the same way and tow the same line. Upper-management thinking is always short-term, with no true long-term thinking. Executives completely out of touch with the people on the front lines and in the ditches. Constant worry about the next quarter's goals, while sacrificing the long-term quality of the product. They once had high-quality, robust products. Now they mostly push out products that are not ready for production in the name of "revenue recognition", often spelling the death of products with a lot of potential.

Get with it. The people that build your products really do know what is most wrong with the company, but you aren't ready to listen. Sometimes you have to take a hit with bad numbers one quarter to get the right product out there. In the end, a solid quality product will make MUCH more money than the severely-discounted, not-yet-ready product you push off onto your customers. And remember that every customer you burn with this scheme is a customer that will not come back to TIBCO for other products. Let us build the products that they should be. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Get some people with a new way of thinking into some executive positions. It's what's most sorely needed in this company.

Ship going nowhere

I have been working at TIBCO Software (more than a year)

Pros

Good technology and smart employees. Nice HQ location, benefits.

Cons

Senior and middle management clueless. Many directors and VPs don't even deserve to be first-line managers.

Dump unwanted products and consolidate brand identity around some products. Don't try to be a jack of all trades.

Good at the beginning

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Café on site. Learning opportunities. Some places for advancement. Friendly people over all, every place has it's bad apples.

Cons

Management turned a blind eye to issues.

React quicker to issues. Eliminate the road block people sooner instead of after people start leaving because of them.

Rewarding yet frustrating

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great solution set. Many smart people. Flexible work schedule. Good services people. Good opportunity to learn new technology

Cons

Old boy network in management. Top executives out of touch with the field. Too many products to sell and support. Overly complicated sales order process

Get in touch with the front line soldiers

Good

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Nice work environment, Leadership, Perks

Cons

Perks are less, training, growth

nothing