TIC - The Industrial Company

Updated August 28, 2014
3.6

TIC - The Industrial Company President & CEO Terry Carlsgaard
Terry Carlsgaard

Good to work for if you can handle overtime.

Former Employee - Pipe Fitter  in  Freeport, TX
    Former Employee - Pipe Fitter in Freeport, TX

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Potential to make a lot of money if you work overtime.
    - Coworkers aren't boring
    - Not mundane: I worked in the field so we always had custom pieces to build, we weren't reproducing the same piece over and over

Cons

- No guaranteed weekends off. You may have to work overtime at any given time.
    - You can't guarantee you'll be on the day shift until you've been with the company for 5+ years.

They're so so.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Carlin, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Carlin, NV

I have been working at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paychecks are pretty good and don't bounce.

Cons

Extremely top heavy, to much management.

You suck.

Started off good, went downhill from there

Current Employee - Project Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Room for advancement if you can put up with the bureaucracy. Training program is good.

Cons

Pays significantly less than the industry standard. Stock is a joke and receiving it a popularity contest. Abuse salary employees on projects with 60-80 hr work weeks without compensation. To much focus on the wrong things.

If you would listen to people and the surveys and actually did something about it, you would be better off.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer internship

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company

Pros

Good work life balance as I was on a project that had a strict work schedule and 9/80 weeks. Great pay and sub as an intern, good learning experience.

Cons

I felt like I could have done more, or should have had more work, even after asking (and receiving more) it still didn't seem like enough. Company seems to start slow and built their interns up, I wouldve preferred a sink or swim experience, but that's just me.

If your intern system works, don't change it, but have a backup plan for more eager interns. If you can't challenge them, or engage them, you'll loose them to another company come graduation.

Challenging, demanding and keeps you engaged. Get to learn something new everyday.

I have been working at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career growth, compensation & job security.

Cons

Frequent relocations. Long work hours (60-72 Hrs/Week) with no overtime.

Give ample of time before relocating the employee. Ask to see if they have any prior commitments.

Good internship, hands-on experience

Former Employee - Engineering Intern  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Actual field and real-world project work, be it assisting in design of systems or supervising installation and construction. Good people - lots of experience throughout the company, and lots of friendly mentors and senior staff.

Cons

Opportunities are somewhat limited - path of employment and future jobs seems very linear (i.e. no great chance to explore career interests outside of the normal projects undertaken).

Great company to retire at, good pay, steady work

Current Employee - Rig Welder
    Current Employee - Rig Welder

Pros

Provide what you need for the job, pay is pretty good, benefits are really good

Cons

So many people per job there is little accountability, people take advantage of safety policies to get out of working. Job planning is unorganized between crafts, difficult to achieve production.

Less meetings about planning, get in the field and find ways to keep crews moving towards productive goals.

TIC is a good place to work if you can handle the travel and extremely remote environment.

Current Employee - Superintendent
    Current Employee - Superintendent

Pros

The experience gained and the diversity of the workforce are probably duplicated nowhere else in the industrial construction world. Training is limitless and handed out to people who seek it freely.

Cons

Do to tenure among many of the mid-senior and senior management, the value of input from "outsiders" is very low. In addition, there is not much acceptance into the "good ole boys" club. This, on top of the remote location, can make for some difficult roads ahead.

We give very good lip service to a reduction in high potential and high production salary staff but we do not give the same root cause analysis to why great people leave the company. The answers are clear and could be discovered with little effort.

Overall, very good company with

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Carlin, NV
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Carlin, NV

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Safety is a value that is practiced in all aspects of the company (it is not just a buzzword). The training of craft and management employees is a great benefit.

Cons

Continuing employment requires frequent travel, there appears to be an abnormally high divorce rate in the industrial construction industry, many projects are located in less than ideal locations.

Keep empowering field level management, remain operations driven.

It was a great look into this field of work

Former Employee - Field Engineer Intern  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Field Engineer Intern in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at TIC - The Industrial Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, great training, definitive career path

Cons

Sometimes work in remote areas, away from family

Worked for TIC - The Industrial Company? Contribute to the Community!