TIG Global

Be The First To
Add Photos

TIG Global President Jos Schaap

Jos Schaap

Okay Experience... Ready to Go!

WMA (Current Employee) Chevy Chase Village, MD

Pros- Great office space and perks
    - Excellent culture/people... they've really nailed this cliche knock-off Google culture that many companies are adopting today.
    - Close to the metro.
    - Interesting vertical.
    - Nice people. Most are SUPER junior... you decide if that's a plus or not.

Cons- As I mentioned everyone is super junior. There are no real experts on staff. If they exist., they are quiet. No one really knows what they are talking about but we're just skating by.
    - The pay is laughable.
    - Work/life balance depends on how well you manage your priorities.

Advice to Senior Management- Take management courses
    - Don't be passive-aggressive
    - Push for more solutions to client problems
    - Make the contracts more consistent

Good early in career, not as good later in career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual atmosphere, camaraderie among co-workers, good place for early career development, good benefits, nice office space, work hours flexibility, some smart people, some learning potential.

ConsLimits to career development and growth once you reach a certain career stage, lack of confidence in some members of upper management, lack of mentorship and more formal learning opportunities, focus on cutting costs instead of investing in future (technology, employees, etc.), disorganization and unclear position of company within overall Micros umbrella.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more clear career advancement opportunities and paths, provide more defined learning opportunities (classes, professional development, mentoring, etc.), reduce mixed signals sent to employees, in general better communication with employees.

Micros takeover forced out common sense thinking

CSM (Former Employee) Chevy Chase, MD

ProsEntertaining employees, good location, solid company backing

ConsOnce Micros takeover was complete, the company completely changed its way of thinking. Making money is great and should be the focus, but the turnover rate is so high and no one looks at replacement cost or even tries to keep employees. Telework was banned, for no reason since many duties are solely online. Tools to do the job are not given to employees and only focus is on the future and what will be available "soon". After two years there I never saw any new tools.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the now, rather than always kicking the can down the road. Give the tools to help clients and find clients that are worth the time and energy for the profits they produce.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to jumpstart your career

Web Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsThere were lots of clients at the time I worked there. There was casual dress, and typical awesome work environment normally found at good agencies.

ConsSometimes can be task monotonous. Could use a lot better technology to scale better, and the agency conflict of interest kind of bugs me. Could be doing more for clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Extremely frustrating, just a number and not valued.

Client Services Manager (Current Employee) Chevy Chase, MD

Pros- Engaging clients who push you to be better
    - Team environment
    - Understaffed, which although it sucks, means you get to work on other things outside of your normal job which can be a great resume builder
    - Introduction to a new suite of products through Micros

Cons- Understaffed in all department, with no light at the end of the tunnel - as people continue to leave
    - Senior execs don't seem to understand the importance of client relationships or the value of long term TIGG personnel
    - Seems like they are trying to make TIGG a mini-Micros, promoting former Micros employees who now work at TIGG to senior positions - even though they do not understand the job the people they manage are doing
    - Salary is well below what my friends in similar jobs earn
    - When promoted, salary increases are not equivalent with what the new job title should earn

Advice to Senior Management- Understand that TIG Global is a services company where long term client relationships must be nurtured and employees who have developed those relationships should be more valued.
    - Stop looking only at the bottom line and viewing people leaving as money saved because those salaries don't have to be paid
    - Sit down with each of us in our departments to fully understand where our challenges are and help make our jobs more efficient

Good, to a point

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chevy Chase, MD

Pros-fun atmosphere/culture
    -smart people
    -good travel perks to visit clients
    -good place to learn online marketing basics
    -opportunity to advance (to a point)

Cons-lack of accountability on technical teams
    -lack of engagement from executive team
    -lack of training
    -resistance to invest in innovative products or technology

Advice to Senior Managementengage more with all levels of the company...it would allow them to understand the pains people are feeling, and understand people's suggestions for changes within the company (new products, new hires, innovation, etc)

Good Entry Level Job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chevy Chase, MD

ProsGood entry level job to gain experience with a young workforce located near public transportation and a metropolitan area. Parking/Metro benefits, Medical, Dental, 15 PTO days, FSA, summer Fridays.

ConsNot enough invested in technology, tools to be more productive. Daily, weekly, monthly tasks become mundane. Low starting salary and little salary increases. Lots of employee turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more money and time on tools to automate tasks. Invest more in employee benefits and salaries to improve morale. Do not promote based solely on seniority.

Great place for early in your career.

Interactive Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Chevy Chase, MD

ProsThey have a very flexible and casual work environment. Great perks like overnight holiday parties and quarterly team outings. Very autonomous work environment.

ConsDepending on which department you are in, it can be clique-ish and hard to advance. Raises are not worth mentioning.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more structure for advancement.

It's not for everyone.....

Client Services Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery young company, pay their employees well, lots of opportunity for growth, company likes to bond over HH's and community events

ConsManagement is not very accessable, no training program put in place for new employees, it's a sink or swim environment. If you are good with having no direction given to you and never wish to communicate with management, this is the place for you. If you wish to be a more interactive team member with management, this is not the place for you.

Lack of a complete company.

Web Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are a young, bright, fun group of people.
    They will give you (more) lots of responsibility, nay work.
    Pay for transportation or parking.
    Great place to start (and quickly leave) your career.

ConsOverwork, underpay.
    Complete lack of vision from leadership.
    Under appreciation for all aspects of the company except client services.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that technical innovations, web marketing, etc. are also important. If you do good work clients will stay - if you do bad work but are 'freindly' clients will leave. Like they always do, which makes employees leave.

Worked for TIG Global? Contribute to the Community!