TILL Inc.

Add Photos

Dafna Krouk-Gordon

RSP

I have been working at TILL Inc.

Prosindividuals and families, benefits were good

ConsI cant really think of any cons...TILL was a great place to work

Varies enormously from program to program

Relief (Current Employee)

I have been working at TILL Inc. part-time for more than 5 years

Pros-Some wonderful coworkers
- Some wonderful managers
- Opportunity to do good deeds everyday
- Opportunity to meet coworkers from other countries
- Job Security
- Health Insurance w/ comparitively low employee contribution

ConsBecause managers have so much paperwork, they are not extremely involved in leading the day to day activities. Thus, coworkers often argue with eachother about what to do. Also, there are some people who are extremely unkind to coworkers.

In general, it depends where your at. I've done relief work at several locations and some are peaceful, awesome places and others are full of conflict and hostility. If you're relief, get to know people and ask where the good places are. If you're considering becoming permanent, consider going relief first in order to work at a variety of places to see which are most pleasant.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the program more hierarchical. Because managers have so much paperwork, they are not able to constantly supervise. Always having someone be in charge would make things much more peaceful. For example, just as you have senior DSP, you should have senior RSP.

Also, Why are you so short staffed? There are tons of people looking for work, many of whom would be good workers.

Management is problematic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TILL Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLoved working with the individuals who went to the day hab center

ConsManagement needs much improving, too much control over staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport and nurture your employees, less micromanagement, stop blaming others when there are issues.

Horrible

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TILL Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking with the individuals and their families are great!

Consbeing over worked and walked all over like a door mat! Not having any support from upper management, Not being able to hold staff accountable for their actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at your residence coordinators and how they treat their managers! Listen to your employees, and offer more support and training to managers!

Not a good one!

Day Support Professional (Former Employee)
Hudson, MA

I worked at TILL Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLoved working with the individuals and the program center was small and intimate.

ConsNever staffed fully with permanent employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorrect this problem and how you listen to your employees.

Nothing innovative about this company...

Day Support Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at TILL Inc.

ProsStaff work well together. Decent benefits package.

Cons-TILL promotes itself as an innovative human services agency but I have seen nothing innovative about it in all the time I have spent working there. In reality, TILL suffers from a common ailment in the human services industry, it has gotten way too comfortable with "entitlements" that it receives from the state and federal governments. When the state cuts entitlements everyone will suffer from the staff to the clients.

-Training is not provided to the managers of the day hab sites. The director hires these people and shadows them for a week and then leaves them out to dry. This is not an approach conducive to a healthy environment for the clients or the staff because eventually some managers get so stressed that they begin taking it out on the staff by being demeaning and talking down to them. An example of the lack of training is the fact that managers now require "budget meetings" with a book keeper. In the past managers have been able to do this job themselves and then submit it to the director. But now, due to lack of training in budgeting the book keeper has to sit with managers and tabulate the receipts with them. Managers are paranoid about spending any money and because of this the clients lose out on things that could be beneficial to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTILL management has to wake up and realize that the entitlements will be cut severely in the coming years due to issues with the economy. TILL can do this by creating truly innovative programming which generates revenue and puts clients to work at the best of their ability.

The director needs to provide regular training for the managers. This will assure quality programming and in turn happier staff and happier clients.

Encourage ideas for micro business from staff with generated revenue going back to both the staff and the clients.

Disrespectful and unprofessional

DSP (Current Employee)

I have been working at TILL Inc.

ProsThe clients are fantastic, the benefits are fair, and the staff works well for the good of the clients, and some do well with team work.

ConsManagement can be demeaning and unprofessional, often ending meetings with the line "your excused". Often you are spoken to in front of other staff and clients in a tone of voice that is unacceptable. Chiding staff in the presence of the other staff is unacceptable. A recent experience with a manager was as follows; she misplaced her cell phone, she processed to call the police, kept everyone well past their clock out time. The phone was found, she offered no apologies for the way she talked to people. Also, the the same manager appears to have a confidence issue, often needing someone to back her up. never do they meet with you individually. Often including parties that have nothing to do with the situation, having little knowledge. When meeting you are spoken to in such a way, that words like be quiet, I do not want to hear it, not giving the employee a chance to defend themselves. It is sad because ultimately the clients that they service pay the price, due to poor treatment by management people leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get better results if you have confidence and chose your words more wisely when speaking with a person. Praising someone for their hard work and dedication can yield positive results. Managing to harshly makes people not want to go the extra mile. Listening to staff can only make a better environment for all involved.

Great agency to work for if you like to work hard.

I have been working at TILL Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Prosstability in a unstable fiscal environment, major focus on improving morale and demonstrating employee appreciation

Consless micro managing of those who have demonstrated they don't need it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to those who have a valid point, be open to change.

Worked for TILL Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TILL Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TILL Inc. CEO Dafna Krouk-Gordon. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by TILL Inc. employees.