TJ Maxx

TJ Maxx Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

TJ Maxx President & CEO Carol Meyrowitz

Carol Meyrowitz

Pros
  • Flexible schedule for students and they allowed you to limit shifts if needed(in 32 reviews)

• Flexible hours with nice managers(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Every time I received a raise, it was cancelled out when minimum wage was increased(in 48 reviews)

• They expect excellent work and PUSH for you to get credit cards, but with no reward(in 36 reviews)

Great starting job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot hard to get the job, really fun store

ConsEmployee discount only 10%, minimum wage, and they make you talk about credit cards with all customers which is annoying.

Great place to work!

Jewelry Lead (Former Employee) Logan, UT

ProsMy location had a great team. Easy scheduling for time off and a little extra discount on top of their great deals!

ConsStarting at minimum wage makes it hard to increase your pay at a fast rate. They can only do % based increases once per year.

Never the same place twice!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Marlton, NJ

ProsAlthough a retail management position, still able to have some work/life balance. Worked in multiple locations in NJ. Management teams in each store were great to work with. Always easy to switch schedules when needed. Stock room staff to process shipment to get ready for the floor. Stockroom staff would help run merchandise to floor if available.

ConsSix days a week work weeks after Thanksgiving. Depending on the one day off a week, might be 9 or 10 days in a row.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perfect place to work for someone who is looking for their first job!

Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL

ProsFlexible schedule, Friendly environment, not too stressful.

ConsMinimum wage starting with very little raises.

Great company

Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsI have worked at two different locations, in different cities and they work great with school schedules!

ConsIt's retail. Sometimes the hours aren't going to be the best, unless you get a full time coordinator position in which you are guaranteed a set number of hours. But if you know what you're doing and can positively contribute to the growth of the business, you're more likely to get more hours.

Tj Maxx

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery fun to work at.

ConsSometime it there are customers.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up.

ASM

ASM (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood pay and paid weekly.

Cons60 plus hours a week. The district manager is always in your business, a puppet master. The open door policy is only for associates, if you use it as a manager you will be on the district managers bad list.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your opinions to yourself. Come to work and do your job and be a yes person.

A decent place

ProsI got to work with a diverse crowd. The environment at work was fun and very accepting. Besides, I got an opportunity to interact with customers from different cultures.

ConsUnfortunately, sometimes, not enough employees are scheduled to work at a given shift, which makes everybody struggle.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication flow.

Great place to work if you want to build customer service skills.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Chesterfield, MI

ProsEnvironment is positive and upbeat
    Hours are flexible
    Employees are recognized and rewarded for their efforts

ConsIt is annoying to have to push the TJ Maxx rewards credit card onto the customers
    Raises are not very good, 28 cents at the most
    Some of the policies of TJ Maxx are stupid, for example a mere 99 cent discount for damaged goods

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire associates with positive attitudes.

Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUsed to be flexible with scheduling

ConsPolicies constantly change
    Bad pay
    Catty coworkers
    inconsistencies everywhere

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!