TJ Maxx

TJ Maxx Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

TJ Maxx President & CEO Carol Meyrowitz

Carol Meyrowitz

Pros
  • Flexible schedule for students and they allowed you to limit shifts if needed(in 33 reviews)

• Flexible hours with nice managers(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Every time I received a raise, it was cancelled out when minimum wage was increased(in 48 reviews)

• They expect excellent work and PUSH for you to get credit cards, but with no reward(in 36 reviews)

Great Place To work

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Madison, AL

Prosgood scheduling. will work with you if you are a student or have a family

Conspay starts a min wage. raises are twice a year but about $0.15 or less

Great loving it

ProsFriendly workers, love the environment of the work place, they pay pretty much average for what I do so I like it.

ConsHours, I don't have many Cons on this company because I like the environment of it but it would be nice to have more hours because of the amount of money were getting

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more hours

Great place to work!

Jewelry Lead (Former Employee) Logan, UT

ProsMy location had a great team. Easy scheduling for time off and a little extra discount on top of their great deals!

ConsStarting at minimum wage makes it hard to increase your pay at a fast rate. They can only do % based increases once per year.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perfect place to work for someone who is looking for their first job!

Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL

ProsFlexible schedule, Friendly environment, not too stressful.

ConsMinimum wage starting with very little raises.

Tj Maxx

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery fun to work at.

ConsSometime it there are customers.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up.

Excellent

Cashier/Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee) Orchard Park, NY

ProsThe management communication is very good, and were helpful in hours/shift scheduled with my own.

ConsNo benefits for part time help

Advice to Senior ManagementMore hours, and a variety of different jobs in different departments

Very welcoming!

Customer Experience Coordinator (CEC) (Current Employee) Paramount, CA

ProsThey have an open door policy and the managers actually care to listen and take your concerns into consideration. They provide great feedback constructive and positive! They ask for the coordinators opinion a lot!

ConsHighly competitive with the hours! Raises are based on performance, however if you're late 8 times a year, you wont get a raise! Some of the sales floor associates act entitled and refuse authority.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive coordinators more movement and authority!

Great Job

Customer Experience Coordinator (CEC) (Current Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsPeople I work with are great. evryone has a great attitude.

ConsNo room to advance. seems like once you get there you want to stay but so has everyone else so your stuck where you are.

Advice to Senior Managementopen more stores so more people have oppertunity to advance?? otherwise everything is fine.

It's the best kept secret in retail they really care about there associates

District Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsYou will have time so spend with your family . The company wants you to have a life other then just your job

ConsPay is little in the low side

Advice to Senior ManagementKep working on remembering what the hourly ask cause do for you everyday

Best company I ever worked for.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsTJ Maxx will pay for talent at the management level,the quality of work/life balance is amazing for retail 40-45hrs even during the holidays.Benefits are great 75% match on your 401K,2 weeks of vacation upon hire 3 after 2 years of service,2 personal days a year.Maybe it was just me but my DM and SM were great.There is so much room for growth on the east coast.Associates become like family and I had some great associates.I miss I left for personal reasons.This was my personal experience keep in mind everyone has a different outlook.

ConsYou didn't know what type or how much merchandise the store was receiving which can make it challenging.Pay is extremely low for entry employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your entry employees more remember associates make these stores run.Kronos is a system that doesn't work successful stores make their own schedules believe me.RSL is not a good system do you want robots or managers.Other than these factors this is a great company.

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!