TJX Companies Reviews

583 reviews filtered by
3.1
TJX Companies President, CEO, and Director Carol M. Meyrowitz
Carol M. Meyrowitz

Pros
  • Flexible management allowed for a flexible schedule to help give a healthy work/life balance (in 34 reviews)

• They have a very good benefits package (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no higher pay for those returning to another internship or full time job (in 21 reviews)

• You only move up if you suck up to upper management and are a favorite (in 21 reviews)

1. Overall positive experience

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Framingham, MA

I worked at TJX Companies

Pros

Tight-nit team. Heavily focused on work, but they like to have fun every once in a while. Provided an opportunity for me to tackle projects that I was unfamiliar with and had a strong support network at my disposal.

Cons

I was only there for a few weeks during the summer, so I did not get a full experience of working there, but it is difficult to see myself working in the Corporate Finance dept of TJX for the rest of my life

Again, I was not there long enough to get a firm grasp of the management hierarchy, but everything seemed to be running smoothly during the summer.

2. A company with culture!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Eureka, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Eureka, CA

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Genuine concern for employees of all levels, a culture of mentoring and empowering, not negativity and termination, A career not a job.

Cons

Hiring management from outside without correctly vetting or insuring TJX culture is a good fit for the new hire.

Stay the course with culture pulse, do not allow other companies culture contaminate ours.

3. Management is very good. Great culture. Happy to work with this company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company management is good. They care for the employees. Very good culture.

Cons

Haven't had any so far.

5. I love working at marshalls!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at TJX Companies part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with. I also feel like there is room to grow within the company.

Cons

The pay is the only negative thing about working for marshalls. If you are single and live on your own you could never make it in this position.

I think you should keep encouraging management to promote within the company. It makes employees want to turn a job into a career!

6. Good Company to work for but a lot of responsibility for 1 Operation Manager in a superstore.

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Asheville, NC

I worked at TJX Companies

Pros

Health Insurance Benefits, Good management pay

Cons

Lack of team work in the management department

Bring back the Administrative Assistant position for the Operation Manager, especially in a superstore

7. I'm still working here. It's good in the beginning then you just get tired of working so hard for no money

I have been working at TJX Companies

Pros

the discount even though it's only 10%

Cons

You work for nothing. Part time don't get benefits. They would tell you that you going to move up but you don't all talk in this company

N/A

8. Sales Associate

I worked at TJX Companies

Pros

You get a first look at all the new merchandise coming in. You get an employee discount.

Cons

Pay and raises aren't that great. After inventory, hours get cut drastically. Can be stressful.

9. Pittston PA TJX Distribution Center

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Good, helpful coworkers (for the most part)
    - Always a new challenge to tackle

Cons

- Management would frequently tell you one thing but then reprimand you for it later, despite it being what they asked for down to the detail.

- I made the mistake of mentioning I heard rumors I was going to be deployed overseas with my Army unit sometime in the future (about 7 months) to one of my coworkers. Pretty soon afterwards, managements attitude toward me changed.

All of a sudden one evening, I was pulled in to the office and told I was being let go because I wasn't finishing the training goals in time. This was in spite of the fact that I volunteered to take the tests sooner than mandated in order to accomplish what they wanted.

It is my firm belief that they let me go due to the fact I could possibly be deployed. Which, by the way, is illegal. Had I had a bit more proof of this taking place, I would have taken it much higher up the food chain and sought answers, perhaps legally.

- Be leaders: lead with integrity

10. Pretty okay

Former Employee - Sales and Cash Office Associate
    Former Employee - Sales and Cash Office Associate

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Majority of coworkers and managers worked together well. It was a very fast paced, quick thinking environment. Training was sufficient given the workload of coordinators and managers. The store I was at was quite flexible and really worked with me to keep me on as an employee during school.

Cons

Some exercises were not very productive, very pushy of credit cards. It was frustrating at times due to the over abundant announcements for something that no one on the lower level was rewarded with. Customers tended to get frustrated for the same reasons.

Approach training a little more positively, compensation was definitely not high during my tenure but understandable given the industry. Happy workers can make a significant difference and better attitudes need to come from the top down.

11. Working

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in India, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in India, PA

I worked at TJX Companies

Pros

Works great , when in school , paid every week

Cons

Because you get paid every week , if you didn't get any hours , no pay check

N/A.