TJX Companies Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
TJX Companies President, CEO, and Director Carol M. Meyrowitz
Carol M. Meyrowitz

Pros
  • Great compensation & work life balance (in 34 reviews)

• They have a very good benefits package (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • unnecessary rules, low potential for advancement or full time employment (in 21 reviews)

• The upper management really needs to look into issues like this because upon asking other minority males I have heard very similar stories (in 21 reviews)

Not the worstb or best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They usually had enough hours.

Cons

They are not family oriented.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and treat them as priceless not replaceable.

the store

Pros

The people are usually make me come to work and for some odd reason the job was more like poeple cheat us for clothes they returning and was never in the store the first place.

Cons

People like to lie cheat and steal for any discount, even tho the company does really let there people do anything and the hours are 5 hour per person and can not go over 25 hour a week, which is really week

Corporate Recruiter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

work/life balance, amenities, company is in major growth mode, discount at the stores, onsite cafeteria, state-of-the-art gym

Cons

corporate culture has changed drastically recently. the push for $40 billion has truly changed what TJX Corporate was. Senior management make decisions without fully thinking things through. very little opportunity for training.

Backroom stocker

Former Employee - Stock in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Stock in Norcross, GA

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours and I enjoyed the people I worked with. Most of the management staff was easy to work with. They worked with my school schedule

Cons

Substandard pay for someone with a family. Another negative is they have callouts frequently. This leads to extra work for the workers who show up.

Advice to Management

I would start by doing a better job of screening possible employees. I also would pay people fairly for the work they do. Lastly, I would suggest that it been more strict penalty when people call out of their job.

an ok place to work while in school

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Some really nice people work here most don't stay too long they are not committed to their employees so a lot of them are not really commited to them...sad

Cons

Say they promote from within....very unlikely.... and there is a small network from which they promote - a chosen few not a great training program for the retail world not open to new ideas

Advice to Management

learn to effectively listen

7. Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Framingham, MA

I worked at TJX Companies (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts are amazing when I was working there.

Cons

Workers aren't friendly when I was working there.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Associate Planner in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Associate Planner in Seattle, WA

I worked at TJX Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly , Great environment with co-workers. Quite busy so you're always on your feet... Very fast paced job, teach great customer service values.

Cons

The pay is average not bad at all if a student or working to save a little...A lot of pressure from managers

Advice to Management

Keep it up , tone down the pressure and be more involved with employees and more encouraging to everyone

Associate Front End

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in South Florida, FL

Pros

Flexible scheduling; some cross training done to maximize your value to company; can take time off and return

Cons

Poor annual review strategy; some managers have an attitude of do what I say, but I don't have to follow what I tell you to do; high turnover.

Advice to Management

Put more emphasis on training effectively, not going through the motions of training & managers MUST be a good example of what associates should be doing;

Not bad but could be better

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Pittston Township, PA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Pittston Township, PA

Pros

Diversity of the work force. Values family first attitude. Believes in consistent improvement. Looks to cross train associates for deeper understanding

Cons

Lacks follow through on new ideas. Gets stuck letting go of past mistakes and looking to see the current and the future

Security Analyst 3

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Relaxed environment, 2. Casual dress, 3. Global company, 4. Access to current Information Technology products, 5. Mid-range pay ($90K), 6. Flexible insurance policies, 7. Learning environment, 8. Little pressure for results as long as you are focused and involved. 9. Collaborative environment. TJX is a great to look for those who want to develop their IT skills and are still young in the IT industry; however, it's not a place for seasoned IT professionals because management will ignore many (not all) of the recommended solutions due to their lack of interest in committing resources - in short, TJX is focused on selling clothes.

Cons

1. No training plan or funding is budgeted, 2. No specific tool training provided. TJX expects its Security Analysts to be able to learn how to use any tools it has in its arsenal. Additionally, TJX relies heavily on its SLA (Service Agreements) with its vendors to resolve any issues it can't resolve. This two tiered approach of expecting the associate to know how to use the tool and wait for the vendor to provide an answer can be frustrating. TJX is focused principally on selling clothes and compliance; this approach can be frustrating for those who take IT security very seriously. TJX hires business-minded people who are willing to drink the TJX Kool-Aid of selling clothes first, and compliance second. Senior management doesn't engage with the worker bees, and is completely disconnected with the reality of everyday life for the non-management associate.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring business minded people for IT roles - hire IT Security people. Focus on security, compliance will follow. Senior management is out of touch with reality with respect to the cogs in the wheel and the worker bees.

RSS Feed </> Embed