TJX Companies

TJX Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

TJX Companies President, CEO, and Director Carol M. Meyrowitz

Carol M. Meyrowitz

Pros
  • An honest people place with a real work - life balance not just lip service(in 27 reviews)

• Good benefits, Have an open door policy that is worth utilizing(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is always changing the methods of operation to try some new scheme(in 18 reviews)

• There is no higher pay for those returning to another internship or full time job(in 15 reviews)

Love working for the company. Especially my store. Lots of food and flexible scheduling

Floor Associate (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsLove my managers and my job.. Great wok schedules and flexible hours.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Overall good experience.

Customer Experience Coordinator (Former Employee) Zanesville, OH

ProsIt was a fun atmosphere.

ConsThe company has some weird rules and regulations.

Empty Promises

Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) Yonkers, NY

ProsAs a retail employee, diligence was recognized by most managers and was compensated by flexible schedules and giving responsibility, which added to one's skill set.

ConsAdditional responsibilities are not compensated. There are a lot of empty promises made by managers and district managers. When promotions are actually given, pay is barely increased. Opportunity to move from retail to corporate is rare.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to corporate management would be to stop looking down on your retail workers. Corporate employees often visit stores without acknowledging the retail employees or speaking to them on what can be done to improve the stores. Many employees in my particular district were young, educated individuals with fresh ideas regarding marketing and merchandising. Instead, the corporate offices are full of older males with stale, out of date ideas and trends.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good to get foot in the door...

Contract Product Development Specialist (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

Pros- wide range of departments to work in
    - overall great company outlook
    - room for growth if willing to wait a while

Cons- compensation; raises/sick/vacation time not applicable for contractors
    - contractors rarely see growth for 2-3 years

Stressful

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFirst to obtain merchandise for purchase

ConsVery low compensation, poor management, not enough associates working at same time,

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more associates

One of the best companies in Massachusetts.

ProsRelaxed work atmosphere. Casual dress. Sophisticated layout. Amazing benefits (vacation, sick time, health, 401k). Many potentials for growth and promotions once one is an associate.

ConsUpper management does not assist in discrepancies.
    Contractors will wait several years for a full-time possibility.
    Many departments being outsourced to "save on the budget".

Loved working for Marshalls

Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEasy hiring, flex scheduling, training, great benefits

ConsLack of professionalism, inexperienced coordinators, lack of promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the moral standards,

Great first job, neutral managment

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful first job, not too stressful

ConsRude customers, disorganized management, overall disorganized environment

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to organize schedules better, and connect with your employees more.

Wonderful Time as Shoes Coordinator

Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) North Wales, PA

ProsWorked as the shoes merchandise coordinator in the Airport Square Marshall's. Had a great management team that took a chance on me right out of college. They let me implement ideas to reduce shrink and take chances in managing people. The experience helped me earn other management jobs and gave me something to talk about during interviews.

Flexible management allowed for a flexible schedule to help give a healthy work/life balance.

ConsRetail scheduling is kind of a bummer. The schedule is all over the place, days, nights, weekends - it is never consistent. Not management's fault, just the nature of the beast.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be kind to your employees. Airport Square Marshall's has a great atmosphere.

Positive Work Environment

Technical Support (Former Employee) Marlborough, MA

ProsWorking as a contractor, Staff treated me well.

ConsTechnology was outdated to the point that they were paying Microsoft for Support of old Solftware

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some of your contractors full-time; invest more in IT

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!