TJX Companies Reviews

Reset

1. work

Former Employee - Associate in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Augusta, GA

I worked at TJX Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment to be in

Cons

Alot of people complain about t there jobs

manager

I worked at TJX Companies full-time

Pros

discount, comradery of other team members, no uniform

Cons

long hours, lack of staffing hours, poor working conditions, poor district leadership

3. Terrible pay insanely long hours

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Morgantown, WV

I worked at TJX Companies

Pros

Small discount, no uniform dress

Cons

Pay, bad management, lack of concern for employees,

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as you want to be treated.

cashier

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free gift cards, fun days to encourage the stores employees, flexible work schedule

Cons

Quotas to get credit cards, customers who think they are shopping at a high end department store, employees that do not care

Advice to Management

Have more fun days and contests to make getting credit cards more profitable and rewarding for the employees working to get them

6. Customer service!!!

I worked at TJX Companies part-time

Pros

Friendly staff, young and old, fast paced, meet new customers everyday, and easy job for retail.

Cons

They aleays want to push their rewards card on every single customer, whicchbis really a redit card. And i feel bad, and its annoying to some. And i felt as though i wasnt taken into consideration into moving up in the company.

Advice to Management

Pick the right people to move in the company, staff dependable people and not just anyone who will call out when it comes to holidays and parties.

7. First job

I worked at TJX Companies part-time

Pros

Benefits are okay, pay is decent depending on your role, and management seems to be on top of their game.

Cons

Unbearable customers, If you dont work with good people it will be a bad experience.

8. Marshalls ladies dept.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Harwood Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Harwood Heights, IL

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The location that I was working at was within walking distance from my home, if I had to take the bus I would not have accepted a min wage position simply because they only give decent (20+) hours a week during the holidays.

Cons

If you're not a high school student, trust me you can do better. I am a 28year old college graduate with 8 years of retail experience and wasn't compensated accordingly.

Advice to Management

Make the job and the wages, and hours worth my time, and stop being so cliquey.

9. Uptown

I have been working at TJX Companies

Pros

Great atmosphere, especially for someone who loves retail and meeting new people all the time. It is also great when you have a manager who loves seeing their team succeed.

Cons

Lack of hours is always the issue. On a weekly schedule it is sometimes hard to make more than twenty hours....working part time.

10. store manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company values all employees. The people, the processes, the benefits, the treasure hunt - I love it all. The special discount days are a bonus also.

Cons

I cannot think of one thing that I do not like about working here. My experience has been wonderful so far :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep valuing every employee and invest in them. Store managers should be more involved in succession planning.

11. Family Leave Policies Leave Associates Wanting More

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TJX has a maternity policy, that is a pro. The policy itself needs improvement. I am a corporate associate and have experienced maternity leave at TJX. The description below is reflective of existing 2015 family leaves policies.

Cons

TJX's Maternity policy is complicated and could be more comprehensive. There are no official paternity or adoption leave policies.
    The Federal Medical Leave Act protects your job for 12 weeks following the birth of your child. This does not mean it is paid. TJX's maternity leave policy is contingent on enrollment in short term disability. After a year of service you are eligible for paid maternity leave through short term disability. Short term disability provides partially paid leave for 6-8 weeks. 8 weeks for cesarian delivery and 6 weeks for vaginal birth. Short term disability covers 100% of pay for 4 weeks and 60% of pay for weeks 5-8. Accrued sick time hours may be used during the medical leave portion of maternity leave (that first 6-8 weeks) to cover the 40% gap.
    For the second portion of maternity leave (4-6 additional weeks under FMLA protection) only accrued vacation hours may be used to supplement pay. Depending on the time of year and length of service with the company, an associate may have anywhere from 0-4 weeks vacation hours accrued. It's typical for an associate to have at least 2 weeks unpaid during the 12 weeks of FMLA maternity leave.

Advice to Management

The lengthy policy explanation demonstrates why it needs to be streamlined- it's too complicated and confusing. It would be great if it was a simple as- 12 weeks full pay!

RSS Feed </> Embed