TLC School Transportation

Be The First To
Add Photos

It was fairly decent.

School Van Driver (Current Employee) Queen City, TX

ProsThis is a decent company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. The leadership was great and the co-workers were also personable

ConsNo much room for advancement and the benefits were so so. Needed a better paying driving job with stronger benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much the position wasn't really one that offered advancements. Employee bonuses would be nice and the opportunity to do private jobs for extra income would be good.

Stuck in a Rut

Driver (Current Employee) Canton, MA

ProsThe hours are flexible and employees have personal use of the school vans off hours. The mechanics are excellent and tend to any problems very quickly.

ConsThe starting pay is low and I personally have asked to be reviewed for a raise many times since the beginning of the school year and have had no response. I have been at the company for over a year and am being paid less an hour than new hires with less experience. Also, I have had trouble with communications with the office. Working with some of the students can be very stressful. I am also dissatisfied with the results I have had filing conduct reports on some of my students. I believe that the office is not filing my reports properly because I have written up certain students over three times and nothing has happened in regards to them being reprimanded. If you report a student three times they are supposed to be taken off the bus for a day or two. I have also heard the owner say he doesn't care about the drivers, he said if a driver doesn't like something "tough".... he (the driver) can be replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the owner to treat his employees fairly, give performance reviews once or twice a year and reward good employees with a pay increase. Also, if I am an employee that is there every day and on time he shouldn't have to beg for a day off if he needs one.

Worked for TLC School Transportation? Contribute to the Community!