TM Advertising Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014

Becca Weigman

Been a solid experience overall. Fun people. Positive culture.

I have been working at TM Advertising

Pros

Good work-life balance. They treat you like an adult, but unfortunately some people take advantage of that. Excellent benefits thanks to being part of IPG/McCann Worldgroup. Leadership (both sides) is okay.

Cons

New business would be the first con. The leadership turnover in this department has been pretty rough, which partly stems from the people who they have hired to do the job. Another con, and this is a big one, is the lack of digital opportunities. This is a glaring problem when we go into pitches and it's even worse for creatives and account service who work there. The industry is far ahead of where TM currently sits as being a truly holistic creative shop that can truly do integrated campaigns for paying clients.

Leadership (creative department) needs to be more connected with the department.

Mere shadow of its former self

Former Employee - Art Director
    Former Employee - Art Director

I worked at TM Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The downtown location is close to fun restaurants and happenings at the American Airlines Center. Parking is convenient to office.

Cons

It's an agency struggling to remain relevant. Old and tired upper management with very out-of-date thinking. Interpublic Group needs to clean house. The company can't seem to win any new business.

Not the best, not the worst

I have been working at TM Advertising full-time

Pros

Lots of vacations and pretty good benefits.

Cons

Company relies on "this is how we have always done things" and people get hired into positions not based on skills and abilities but on who they know.

The company needs to work on modifying their process and procedures to be best-in-class not based on abilities/comfort level of employees who have been doing the same job for 10+ years. Leveraging the existing employees experience with new processes and technologies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GREAT EMPLOYER

I have been working at TM Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Laid back company to work for

Cons

not much to say negative

Great people, great industry

I have been working at TM Advertising full-time

Pros

Feels like family...which means you can love like family and be honest/fight like family

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge but it is advertising so what do you expect

Wonderful department within an old-school structure

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at TM Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely passionate and professional employees
    Well-known client names
    Some outstanding work
    Attempting to make some positive changes
    My department was strong and the best I've worked with so far

Cons

A constant change of structure that made it hard to gain a foothold on any positive change
    Very siloed with distrust between departments
    Incredibly old-school, talking about and doing digital without understanding it
    Stale culture, people unwilling to become more engaged

Management has changed since I worked there, but if there are similar issues I would say invest more in training and growing your employees, venture into the digital space more or fear eventual death, and take advantage of the new work space to inject much-needed culture into the agency (it won't do the job for you but is certainly an improvement)

Changing for the better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TM Advertising

Pros

There is a ton of positive energy in our new workspace that should hopefully, fuel new business opportunities. I can’t imagine working with a friendlier and more talented group of people on a daily basis.

Cons

The communication of changes within the agency is sometimes lacking which leads to speculation, assumptions and tends to lower morale.

Continue to move the agency forward on its current course. There is a lingering negative perception of the agency within the advertising community that needs to change.

Agency in the midst of a cultural renaissance

Current Employee - Creative  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Creative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TM Advertising

Pros

Senior management is committed to bringing best-of-class talent, solid strategy and great creative work to clients of all sizes.

Cons

Some (not all, but too many) really comfortable people that are mailing it in with no real consequences.

Get tougher. All the awesome benefits of a beautiful work space need to be met with demanding leadership who is committed to evolving, integrating and taking no prisoners. Enough of this working-from-home bull.

Need better leadership

Former Employee - Producer  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Producer in Dallas, TX

I worked at TM Advertising

Pros

The benefits are great and some nice people to work with.

Cons

There are some very silly people who worry about their lunch break and Facebook while they are suppose to be working. Too many people who come in late which holds up the process. Most people want to play and gossip and lay-offs run rapid. If you kiss up to HR you will not be laid off even though you are lazy and late every day. Lots of playing and no structure or new accounts. We did not have the leadership in Broadcast or with the Creative department. More time playing than with doing the job at hand. Lots of cover-up with the coordinator when calling for people in the Broadcast department. " He is not here" " She is not here yet" etc. Cannot get projects done because no one is in the office. Laid back to the point of losing lots of clients and not gaining any more. Too much playing around. This is not the economy for playing. Work must be #1 not what is for lunch. TM needs some better leadership and leaders who can sell the work.

Hire some serious people who can be there for the work. Stop dancing around the dead weight and the no show up for work people. Find some new leaders who can show something on the TM blog besides what they had for lunch or what music they like. If TM paid as much attention to the work as they do to the playing then they would have new clients. MAN UP!

An Intense but fun environment at times, and frustrating.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at TM Advertising

Pros

Flexibility was the number one reason I stayed. Lack of back up and listening to real ideas instead of opinions were the reasons I left.

Cons

Listening skills need to strenghten, opinions ran rampart when I was there

Encourage ideas rather than opinions--especially when opinions are not based on experiences. Sometimes the folks at the lower to mid levels have the experience to foster a creative idea

Worked for TM Advertising? Contribute to the Community!