TMC Japan

www.tmcjapan.com

TMC Japan Reviews

Excellent Training.

Consultant (Former Employee) Gotanda, Tokyo (Japan)

ProsThe training is by far best I had gotten from any of my previous employer.
    Very Energetic Team that works extremely hard and a more Energetic and encouraging Managers that are very easy to talk to.

ConsI did not have any negative feedback about the company. You have to be a person who can manage his/her own time and be able to acknowledge your goals that you have to keep.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement you did a great job in training. My only advice would be to do a Tech Skills Test when you hire someone that way you will be able to determine whether they are a sales person or a Hybrid(sales/engineering).
    I wish your company the best.

university for recruiters

Consultant (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsThey hire inexperienced guys then do the training
    Good workable business structure

Consso so training, a lot of unethical recruiteres
    small bonuses
    no access to client management

Advice to Senior Managementimprove training system,

I would recommend

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent training and support; great market data; defined salary structure

Conshigh expectations, lot of non-work related meetings, place feels cramped, too much monitoring, not much of freedom,

Advice to Senior Managementmove ahead with the current time, recruitment industry is changing, need to stay ahead to be remain ahead

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TMC Japan - Career Development

Client Services Manager (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsTMC Japan is trusted and depended on to deliver to a select group of Japan based multinational IT Technology companies. A reliable technology focused recruitment firm, delivering bilingual professionals to select clients in the technology space. A decade of business experience in the Japan market equates to strong ties with candidates and clients alike. TMC offers comprehensive training and guidance to become a successful consultant. A solid career path in place from entry level researcher to key-account / team manager.

My position is currently Client Services Manager, I have seven years of experience with TMC Japan.

ConsAny sales organization is results driven. TMC Japan offers comprehensive training, support and the platform to be a successful consultant. It depends on each individual but you need to be dedicated, motivated and always eager to learn new things. It is tough yet challenging! The hours can be unsociable, it would be best that you have a keen interest in Japan, their business practices and technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire slow, focus on applicants that have taken the time to fully research our industry. Continue to focus on clients that focus on us.

Fun and challenging environment with leaders that care!

Consultant (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsThe company is focused on delivering to a select group of key accounts, consultants are assigned individual jobs so there is plenty of opportunity to make placements. Most importantly for me, there is a clear career path and structured training and development in place that covers best recruitment and sales practices. The floor is mixed with many nationalities, the atmosphere is friendly, consultants, senior consultants and leaders all helped me quickly progress from researcher to consultant, my next challenge is key account manager! Thank you TMC Japan.

ConsI found the first three months a lot more challenging than any other job I had experienced previously. There is a lot of theory and practical training coupled with' hands on' sourcing and qualifying. Im delighted to say I made it through the training, not everyone does!

Advice to Senior ManagementI found the initial training invaluable, please continue to develop me as I progress in my career.

It takes drive and discipline to be a recruitment consultant...

Consultant (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsCompany specialises in technology, too many clients and candidates to mention.
    Structured recruitment and sales training program in place.
    Management were committed to my training and development, management are all hands-on.
    Expect to advance your career as fast as you can handle; you can request accounts to develop and grow or you can focus purely on dedicated jobs for key accounts.

ConsLong hours -- this is not a 9-5 job -- don't expect to leave the office before 7PM each night. Most candidates will want to meet after work for consultations, information will need to be processed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring English instructors with no sales or professional business experience in Japan. Confirm applicants motivations and goals, reference check and double check -- too many newbies with no motivation or drive to succeed can quickly change the dynamics of the floor. Consider hiring researchers first and promote to consultant only if they can master the phone and sourcing first.

Good training to become a proficient consultant

Consultant (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

Pros- For the first 3 months, you are going to receive a lot of training from senior consultants. These training are not only about recruiting but also sales in general.
    - Very flat organisation structure, very friendly atmosphere
    - Fixed KPI to follow - this helps employees to understand whether you are on the right direction to be successful

Cons- The intensive training may put you off if you are not interesting in consulting / IT industries

Advice to Senior Management- At the hiring stage, hiring managers should identify whether the TMC applicant is really interested in this job or not.. Because without the interest, it will be difficult for anyone to stay in this fast moving industry.

Global Scales Business in IT industry.

Consultant (Current Employee) Gotanda, Tokyo (Japan)

ProsTMC Japan has relatively strong capabilities in global IT operations. If you are looking for international, global job in Japan, I would suggest contacting the company. I enjoyed working my present company because everybody nice, very supportive. I like the company culture about working with these senior consultants who have professional work experience. It takes time for being qualified consultant, but I learned if I do not simply give up,

ConsI do not have nagative feedback about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for giving me a chance to join at TMC Japan. I am appreciated. I am receiving the great training session, and i would like to perform better as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

Very Supportive team and lots of opportunity

Consultant (Current Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsI joined recently with no recruiting experience and have to say I'm satisfied with everything. I have a mentor and a trainer. I receive daily training and I'm supported by my team leader. The company has many candidates and clients and I can get chance to move up quickly. They have some exclusive assignments and many clients are repeat business. Very young and energetic work environment, average age of consultants is under 30. They have an in house candidate/client management systems that automates processes and saves time.

ConsYou have to hit the target system each week and this is a challenge
    Hours can be long, but you can leave early if you want

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more into online job boards and use some Japanese websites to attract leads

Terrible company

(Former Employee)

ProsNot many. You can learn how to be self reliant. Survivors of a year or more will find it pretty easy to elsewhere.

ConsToo many to mention.
    No training, dog eat dog environment, everyone is either fired or leaves disgruntled. The company was recently investigated by the union for not paying an employ after he left.
    The management is clueless.
    The management actively demotivate consultants.
    A bad commission structure.
    Top down management style.
    One of the owners only has 1 year of recruitment experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to increase salaries to attract talent. Stop hiring English teachers.
    Hire competent management, get rid of the draw system.
    Stop firing people. Motivate the team and stop paying bonuses via a cash in system. Pay bonuses immediately.
    Listen to the team.

Worked for TMC Japan? Contribute to the Community!