TMG Health

2.0

John T. Tighe III

Horrible mgmt

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jessup, PA

I worked at TMG Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and I got a life long friend out of 8+ yrs there. It was much better long ago but as the company grows they seem to lose sight of what matters and what keeps them in business....the people doing the work not the CEO sitting in KOP ignoring the poor decisions impacting people who can't make a living or have a work-home balance.

Cons

Where to begin. You are over worked, under paid but they think you should kiss their feet because they think they pay so well. Like to see them live on what they pay the vast majority of people. It is like high school with lots of gossip, back stabbing and things that you should have out grown long ago. HR is worthless. They are absolutely PRO company not there for the employees at all when they are actually in the office. Training is a joke but you are expected to know what you weren't taught and don't dare ask more than twice. They claim there is work from home but that all gets taken away at will but the managers for departments live out of state and work from home daily. Just their employees can't when they say so. Most management are people who have no business being in their positions. They either are clueless or micromanage.

Take a look within and realize your friends don't make good management. When all their employees quit - it's a big hint the management is the issue and doesn't belong in the position you just gave them. Title doesn't equal knowledge and you keep putting the wrong people in high level positions, hence the high turn over. Look at the industry and realize you don't pay that great and the massive pay difference within the same departments is ridiculous and causes resentment.

long

I worked at TMG Health full-time

Pros

great pay
    like talking to people

Cons

rude people and staff
    stuck ups

Set your vision, then do what it takes to deliver, anything else is useless words

I worked at TMG Health as a contractor

Pros

The work ethic and quality of employees is outstanding

Cons

Too many very solid silos. No end to end cohesive business process. Bottom line: No integrated business / IT system view for the full life cycle of your business.

Get to Scranton. Staying in KoP 95% of the time doesn't lend itself to employee bu in. The business keeps on because of the work ethic that is inherent in demographic of geographical region not because good, sound, coherent Sr. Management guidance and vision.

Great company. Management needs an overhaul.

I have been working at TMG Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great health care experience. Valuable business experience. A good envirenment to advance your career.

Cons

Salary for internal candidate positions are awful. The management structure is not stable. Too much politics concerning the hiring process.

Job security but lack of communication and consistency

I worked at TMG Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Offers job security
    Excellent benefits
    Great opportunities for promotions
    Multiple fields of work in the same company
    Mostly a set working schedule
    Opportunities for overtime offered many times
    Great attendance and PTO policy

Cons

Lack of communication between departments, many times several departments will have pieces of information, but not share or have the whole picture.
    Lack of structured training except for entry level positions.
    Lack of consistency or enforced consistency of policies and procedures

Work on company communication. Communicating in one department is not good enough, it needs to be throughout the company.

Customer Service Supervisor

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Dunmore, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Dunmore, PA

I worked at TMG Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay increases, employees who reported to me were very receptive to critique and improving their performance. Decent pay for CSR's. Many CSR's who reported to me were advanced to better positions.

Cons

Salaried hours for supervisors were too much. My shift was 1:30PM to 10:00PM. Many times I had to report in early only to wind up taking phone calls because of the high turn over rate. My co-worker on the second shift was terminated and from 5:30 PM I had to monitor the cue even though there was a woman who did that. It made no sense. I was not able to cover my monitors even though I typed them up. They kept changing the file cabinet where employees files were kept. No one had the key. Poor communication throughout department. Changed the way weekly meetings with reps were to be held never received the e-mail. When I started there was provided with an e-mail, then they changed it. Some people did not update it to my new e-mail and I never received it. IT looked into the problem and couldn't figure out where the invalid e-mail was going nor could they remove it.

communication

RUN AWAY! Poor company to work for. Drama, just like High School!

Former Employee - Claims Processor in Jessup, PA
    Former Employee - Claims Processor in Jessup, PA

I worked at TMG Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working from home is the only pro.

Cons

Steer clear. This company will hire anyone, hence the high turnover rate. Incompetent trainer, HR was useless, sweat-shop like work, SLOW computer system made it impossible to reach quota, once home I only averaged about $4.26 per hour because you spend more time sitting waiting for the claims to adjudicate. No respect from supervisors.

Treat employees fairly, not like slaves.

Unless you want to go back to High school RUN RUN RUN !!!

Former Employee - Enrollment in Jessup, PA
    Former Employee - Enrollment in Jessup, PA

I worked at TMG Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health insurance is good and the price is very reasonable. There are some nice people there. There is a lot of parking and a cafeteria.

Cons

TMG has a culture that is like high school. there is gossiping, bickering, stabbing people in the back and playing favorites. It is next to impossible to move up their if you actually do your job. the HR department is the worst one that I have EVER seen. They will NOT help you with anything and actually seem to be anti employee with all the policys that they put in place. Turn over is extremely high. You won't get a raise there either. Only a cost of living increase of maybe 2% and that is only if you did a really good job otherwise it is lower. While there is a lot of parking, everyone seems to smoke in their car so yours will eventually get dinged up by another door. They are also located in the middle of nowhere literally, so good luck in bad weather. They can't keep clients so they are always "restructuring". The computers are very outdated. I had 4 computer changes while I worked there. They communicate by email A LOT. It is not out of the ordinary to get HUNDRED'S a day. Do not work there if you are actually looking for a career or want to make money. Neither will happen.

No Communication

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jessup, PA

I worked at TMG Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, easy to get to, clean building, mostly nice people.

Cons

Incredibly boring work, no communication between management and departments (to the point where it was laughably unprofessional), treat employees like worthless peons, will force you to take on extra work without any incentives whatsoever (otherwise you lose your job), have laid off people without even bothering to inform them.

Stop using temp agencies, treat your employees better.

TMG High School

I have been working at TMG Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance, 401k, some decent people

Cons

The wrong people get promoted which creates chips on their shoulders. HR is worthless if you have an issue. Certain people are held to different standards than others are. Maximum work for minimum pay, they pack on additional work under the premise of special projects. The motto should burn em out and turn em out. They get your hopes up by interviewing you for a position only to inform you via a random email that you were not chosen for the position or sometimes it there is no notification at all.

employees should be paid based on how much work they do and be comparable to similar positions with other companies, not how upper management can make out better by not giving the appropriate bonuses and raises. take employee concerns seriously. you should let the employee rate their supervisors and/or managers and there will definitely be a change in the bonus and raise structure.