TMG Health Reviews

Updated April 9, 2015
39 reviews filtered by
1.9
John T. Tighe III

1. Think twice before working at TMG. Most employees there are very unhappy. The salary is way below market.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Jessup, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Jessup, PA

I worked at TMG Health

Pros

Great coworkers. The benefits are ok and the café is world class.

Cons

Management, management, management. Managers have no direction therefore they provide no direction.

Advice to Management

Speak to your employees. Treat people like humans not numbers. Get to know your staff.

2. Worst place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jessup, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jessup, PA

I have been working at TMG Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Clean work environment, decent salary, friendly coworkers, secure building, free coffee, on site catered cafeteria, occasional free snacks, and large windows for natural light.

Cons

At this current time I am taking over 80 inbound calls per day, with an 8 hour shift, which would be manageable but they are expecting us to complete 80 additional outbound calls in a 2 week period. The punishment for not being able to complete all of the outbound calls, which include actually speaking to the original caller or being the 3rd attempt to call out, is to give up your weekend. The phone system is constantly crashing because the number of calls coming in exceeds what the system is able to handle. My computer is often crashing, with only our database open, or will not save my notes on long calls. The only assistance for customer service is often not able to be reached since we can only hold for 1 minute (including sup calls) and then need to send an email, which we then have to either wait with the caller (while talking, but not being personable) or offer them a call back (which we do not have time to complete), until we either A) get a response or B) more than likely get lost in the shuffle of emails. There have been weeks where I have worked 10 or more hours of mandatory overtime, on top of the full time 40 hour week. The call center is at the top of a very steep, secluded, and icy (in the winter) mountain. If PennDot does not close the roads, we can very well all kill ourselves getting up the mountain in a snow storm for all TMG cares (does not apply for managers, or supervisors). The training that they give you to assist you once you get onto the floor is useless, not once have I ever had a situation come up on a call that training prepared me for. I also, have never had a face to face conversation with my supervisor, and I couldn't tell you the name of the managers to save my life.

Advice to Management

The reason your turn over rate is so high that out of a class of 25 trainees, only 5 of us are left, is because you treat your employees like cheap robots. Instead of hiring more and more employees and only training them for 1/4th of what they need, train the employees better and make systems to help us more available, not scare and outdated.

3. bad compnay

I have been working at TMG Health

Pros

Benefits,401k, there is no more pros

Cons

They do not care about their employees. i was in a car accident and was unable to make it in that ONE day and they let me go.

Advice to Management

Change your attendance policy.

5. Great People, Poor Management

Former Employee - Enrollment in Jessup, PA
    Former Employee - Enrollment in Jessup, PA

I worked at TMG Health

Pros

The training was very thorough in some areas, and co-workers were nice. If you have any questions, it's easy to get the help you need. The building itself is in great condition and easy to navigate.

Cons

Absolutely no certainty about mandatory overtime. Supervisors will email you flip-flopping, and they're always non-committal about it. Training is great in some areas, but others are neglected -- and in some cases the neglected areas are critical to your work. Gaining access to the systems is a slow, arduous process.

Advice to Management

Work on communication between departments. Having to escalate clearance requests several times is insanity. Also, it would be helpful to manage overtime communication better.

TMG Health needs an on sight Sr. Executive. The staff is doing the best they can and they need assistance

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at TMG Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The people were extremely personable and dedicated

Cons

lack of effective management had people turning in circles

Advice to Management

Decide who is running the show down in KOP, set a firm strategy, and at least have a CEO proxy up in Scranton, PA.

Ok job

I have been working at TMG Health

Pros

Option to work from home

Cons

Mandatory overtime, no work/life balance, favoritism by management

OK company but needs a lot of work

I worked at TMG Health

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Good working environment

Cons

Management could be better
    Strict time off policy

Advice to Management

Take care of employees

Overall a good experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jessup, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jessup, PA

I worked at TMG Health

Pros

The pay was great for the area (Scranton) and I really enjoyed working with my team. Despite it being a fast paced environment, the work life balance was great. They were also very flexible with WFH so that was a plus.

Cons

The only frustrating part of my employment is that the on boarding process was a bit slow.

10. Don't believe what they tell you during the interview - They will cheat you out of money from processing claims.

Former Employee - At Home Claims Processor in Jessup, PA
    Former Employee - At Home Claims Processor in Jessup, PA

I worked at TMG Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Set own schedule - working from home - benefits.

Cons

Piece rate (ranges from 21 cents to 61 cents per claim) - no PTO until working 1 year -Unrealistic production quotas.- Don't pay you on all the claims you process - System quirks allow for the company to short your pay for claims that you've processed. Management is overpaid, rude, uncooperative and not helpful. High Turnover for claims processors. New classes of hires every month because employees leave in droves. There aren't many who work there that have been there over 7 years. Many under 3 years, if that long. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Stop being dishonest to your processors - pay them what is owed to them - pay them for what they are worth. Pay by the hour with reasonable production goals. Pay your processors decent wages and not cheat them out of what is owed them from their work; you would be able to retain your workforce and not have to keep hiring processors.You pay more during training than you would if you retained them. Look at how much money is lost each year spent on training new hires because you don't pay/treat your employees right. You have a very bad reputation in the local job market here in NEPA.

Management

I worked at TMG Health

Pros

Good people.

Cons

Terrible leadership. Poor planning and long term direction.