TMI Hospitality

Add Photos

Lauris Molbert

FFI

Front Desk (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsThe company is great, ESOP benefits and vacation time even as a front desk employee. Management is very easy going.

ConsWage is low as compared to hotels in the area and they will not allow overtime even when extra coverage is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow appreciation to your employees

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lots of changes

Front Desk (Former Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsSchedule, easy system, learn new tasks

ConsLow pay rate, have to do laundry as part of your job description as their are not enough housekeepers, very high staff and management turn-a-round, horrible management and paychecks not accurate at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementWipe out all of Lewisville area management and start over.

Disorganized Nonsense

Executive Houskeeper (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsVacation accrues pretty fast. Decent coworkers.

ConsManagement sucks! The hire ups suck as well. They are constantly changing things and never appreciating the employees. Guests are what keep the business but us housekeepers & front desk are what keep them coming back!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen your workers. Appreciate the extremely hard work we do! You don't clean rooms or get screamed at by guests. At some I hope some of you were at the bottom and worked to where you are now. And that being said is true, remember what that felt like.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent hotel property to work at

Proslots of vacation time, ESOP benefits, Stock options

Conslong hours, low pay compared to nearby comparable companies

Easy going Management and Staff, very organized and friendly atmosphere

Assistant Executive Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsThe Staff and Management at the Residence Inn are very organized and friendly and the rooms are impeccably clean

ConsSmall property, could use a little more space in the hallways.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything looks clean and well kept since the renovation. Beautiful rooms and friendly staff. Keep up the good work.

changed Retirement plan rules after I left employment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI made many friends at corporate and in the field. I feel that most of the hotels' employees were truly dedicated to making each guest feel welcome and have a good experience.

ConsI feel pay was too low for employees at the hotel. It's tough to raise a family on minimum wage, which is what housekeepers at most of their hotels start at.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company changed the rules of the retirement plan after I left. So, after 14 years of employment (I left to pursue self-employment), I now have to wait 5 years before I BEGIN to receive part of my retirement plan proceeds (and payment is over 5 years). I think it's highly unfair that they changed the rules after I left, yet the change applies to me.

Friendly open-minded management, good opportunity to meet new people in the professional world.

Front Desk (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible shifts, management answers all my questions.

ConsCorporate goals with the reality of the locations and its actual clientle. Having to deal with rude people that want to negotiate bargain basement rates thinking because they travel a lot they deserve a room for $60. Rates are in the upper 90's to 100's.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease tell the employees iin a meeting or note about changes in procedures, so we are not all asking each other how to do things.

Mehhh

Front Desk (Current Employee) Grand Forks, ND

ProsWorks great around school scheduling (Semi Flexible Hours)
    Boring Shifts when it is slow
    Management
    Hotel travel benefits

ConsLower pay
    Pay raises caped at 3%
    Some guests are very rude!
    Weekends are tough on employees!

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get better pay for employees it is hard to get and keep actuall good employees when you start at minimum wage! On top of that there are really no incentives to work hard for the company. Imagine if I work hard no one even says Thank you If I slack off I rarely hear from anyone. On top of that if I ever did get fired it is not hard to find another low paying job in GF!

Know Your Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is growing, and trying to focus on building and running their properties. Often the two abilities are somewhat aligned, however not always.

ConsWhile the company has many good ideas and lofty goals, there is a disconnect between what the top executives see and desire and what the rest of the company sees and desires.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what your employees feel and want before you create change that nobody wants or understands.

Worked for TMI Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!