TMI Hospitality Reviews

2.6
Lauris Molbert

1. Assistant General Manager

I have been working at TMI Hospitality full-time

Pros

Good limited service based company to grow in. TMI is growing and have many have many opportunities.

Cons

Long hours with little pay. At an AGM position here, it's very difficult to balance work and life.

Advice to Management

Having opportunities to grow is good, but you need to give managers more reasons to stay with TMI. High turnover in managers is not good for any hotel.

2. Ok for experience

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Amarillo, TX

I worked at TMI Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are just starting out in the hospitality industry, this is a good company to get your foot in the door. They have a regular turn around so you can work your way up the ladder and the experience in Management quickly to move on to better paying jobs.

Cons

There is a ton of turn over in management and staff. Lower pay and upper stress will do that to a company.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better with decent pay and they will stay around longer. Quit pushing ESOP. Seriously!

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMI Hospitality full-time

Pros

TMI Hospitality is a great company to work for. They treat their employees well (have a monthly allowance for employee appreciation). The hours are flexible, great job to have while you are in school.

Cons

Management leaves after 5:00 PM so you are left to deal with any problems on your own. No lunch breaks, minimum wage pay.

Advice to Management

Front desk should be paid the same amount night auditors are paid after management leaves.

5. If you are ok with making no money and taking no breaks.

Former Employee - Front Desk in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Akron, OH

I worked at TMI Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts on hotel rooms within 50 minutes of the place you work.

Cons

Low pay and no breaks, stand 8 full hours.

Advice to Management

Given your employees a break. Its the law! Pay them more than min wage.

6. gsa

Former Employee - GSA in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - GSA in Saginaw, MI

I worked at TMI Hospitality (More than 5 years)

Pros

No pros company sucks to work for.

Cons

Horrible upper management, company does not care about employees just care about their scores. Lowest paying hotel chain to work for. Regional managers are a joke and turns their head to issues happening at property level. Lots of work for little pay. Company will screw you over any way they can I know I worked for the company for 5 years and wasn't allowed to move past front desk even though I worked every department in the hotel. I quit went to another hotel chain and was hired on the spot for front desk then a few weeks later was promoted to front desk supervisor then 2 months later was promoted to assistant general manager!

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they are worth and show them you value them as not only employees but as people

7. Terrible company run by crooked managers from the property level all the way up to the corporate office!!

I worked at TMI Hospitality

Pros

Nothing positive about this place! They are liars, cheats, drunks and drug addicts! They have no ethics or morals and will fire you the second you speak up about anything you find to be not in line with corporate policy

Cons

You have no back up from corporate especially HR. If you are being harassed or treated in a way that is unethical and go to HR they do nothing. They are puppets for the area directors and that is all. Despite having legal ramifications HR will willingly turn their heads and allow the area director to do anything they want, fire anyone they want and for any reason they want legitimate or not. HR will not return calls or emails for help when you need them even in dire situations. They allow employees to be treated awful and turn their heads at the request of the area directors. The entire company is crooked. It is mainly run by men who drink, snort coke, cheat on their wives and take their managers to bars and strip clubs for dinners and meetings! Pathetic people running an even more pathetic company

Advice to Management

Maybe require your upper level directors to take drug tests first of all! When there is a complaint filed with HR maybe they should take it seriously instead of ignoring it. Not sure you can teach these sad people how to have morals but something needs to be done

8. Simply a job and not a career, I worked in the Communications department and it is a dead-end.

Former Employee - Technician in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Technician in Fargo, ND

I worked at TMI Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and the work was interesting. Luckily they were pretty good about taking personal time for appointments and such, but that honestly was the only perk.

Cons

Where to start, so many cons - zero training, no career path, no feedback or goals. You simply clock-in, work your queue and clock-out - Rinse and repeat ad-nauseam. There are no rewards for hard work or exceptional performance nor are there any repercussions for people being lazy or just coasting through the day. To top it off they are roughly 10.00 an hour below the area average for the Telecommunication field and add that up and you have a pretty decent dead-end job.

Advice to Management

Try to encourage employee feedback and listen to employees when they take the time to speak their mind or provide to you plans to help resolve these issues for you...

TMI has been wonderful to myself, my coworkers, and my family

Current Employee - Front Office Supervisor in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Front Office Supervisor in Owatonna, MN

I have been working at TMI Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LOTS of room for advancement for those willing to work hard. Great Management, including regional. Appreciation shown for exceeding expectations, at the hotel and regional level.
    I have to believe most of the reviews here are by disgruntled employees. I have medical for my family for 39 dollars a month, incredibly generous vacation time, ESOP benefit has been very generous, a rare benefit.
    My mother was diagnosed with cancer last July, Management has made it clear they will give me whatever time I need to care for my mom, while providing hotel rooms for her medical care at Mayo Clinic.

Cons

Sometimes long hours are necessary, a given in theis industry.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting and appreciating all of your staff in the way you already do!

10. Fantastic company to work for.

I worked at TMI Hospitality

Pros

GREAT SUPPORT SYSTEM, fantastic training, very nice company to work for.

Cons

I really can't think of anything bad to say, I hag a wonderful experience working for third company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

11. This company is incredibly self centered and has no compassion for their employees!

I worked at TMI Hospitality

Pros

I loved the guests, location, and this area of work!

Cons

Horrible management! Horrible pay! They have no morals! You WILL NOT advance in the company! They will hire out ONLY!

Advice to Management

Compensation needs to be increased! When people are working hard for you, show them that you appreciate it! Also, when a person dies in one of your rooms, don't threaten one of your employees to be fired if they don't clean the body stains off of the mattress just so you don't loose $200 until you get a new mattress! You should be put in jail for that!

TMI Hospitality Photos