TMP Worldwide UK Reviews

3.6
TMP Worldwide UK CEO Andrew Wilkinson
Andrew Wilkinson

1. Working for TMP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for many different recruitment/HR organisations, so have the advantage to compare and contrast. From my perspective, TMP certainly ranks as one of the more positively challenging, inspiring and collaborative places to work. They genuinely believe in their Values, and strive hard to make this a great place to work. I would certainly recommend TMP as a serious alternative to the many other RPOs/Recruitment Consultancies out there!

Cons

I joined TMP because of the unique blend of its communications and recruitment capabilities. I'm not sure if the two mix as well as I had hoped. However, from a client's perspective, it is a massive advantage to pull on the vast spectrum of services TMP has to offer.....from volume resourcing to specialist search to assessment services to web site analysis and design to graduate recruitment......it's all there!

Advice to Management

Trust your senior managers more frequently, by giving them bigger budgets to work with without requiring your approval

Jun 3, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for leaving TMP a positive review on Glassdoor - we appreciate your feedback and advice.

2. A superb company to work for

Current Employee - Resourcing Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcing Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A company which truly values employees, allowing everyone to take responsibility, develop and stretch whilst offering vital support & encouragement.

Cons

If you're someone that likes to be micro-managed, this isn't the right culture for you.

May 27, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for leaving a review on Glassdoor - we are pleased to read you recommend TMP as a place to work in Bristol, and your outlook on TMP is positive. We appreciate your feedback.

3. "Honesty at the heart of everything we do......."

Current Employee - Resource Coordinator in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resource Coordinator in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time

Pros

I joined TMP as a Resource Coordinator over 6 months ago. The two week training was excellent and the we were assured the company was trying to shake it's reputation for high attrition. The training was comprehensive and I felt confident when I was put on my respective campaign. The management at Team Manager to Operations managers are really good. Understanding and great people to work for. The people in general are the now the only thing keeping at the company. RC's are given a lot of responsibility with their campaigns and I was given chance to take a lot of ownership. Each campaign is well trained out and everyone helps each other which creates a great working environment. I would recommend if you have little experience in recruitment as the skills you gain here are very transferable. See cons for why I would suggest you don't stick around.

Cons

I think the overall review of the company on here is skewed. A lot of people who are reviewing are at Tottenham Court Road. Where to start.. Perhaps TMP needs to try and live up to some of the core values on their branded cups or daubed on the walls. Respect would be a good place to start. Resource Coordinators are paid 15,300 a year before they are made permanent. A recent government study said a living wage in the UK equates to £7.85. This is not far off the wage a non permanent Resource Coordinator is paid at TMP. I joined at at time when opportunities to receive a permanent contract were limited so a chance for a pay increase has also been denied. How much would it hurt the company to give some job security to the RC's who do the same job as the more senior RC's. In fact you could argue that the fixed terms have to keep sickness to a minimum and ensure their performance is of a high standard in order to ensure an elusive pay rise and piece of job security. "Honesty at the heart of everything we do.." Not strictly true. I have been repeatedly misinformed about when the next round of permanent contracts will become available. The carrot is dangled to keep you there, but it's also the stick. The company is 8% down on projected profits and due to that it's the people at the bottom who are feeling the squeeze. The benefits offered are often redundant - Free mortgage advice? Not a bad idea... but have you ever tried getting a mortgage a temporary contract? Code usage - Your presence is monitored by what you type into your phone. A simple human error can be struck down as a lateness in a massively flawed system. If you're smart you won't change to the "Break code" for going to the toilet. A draconian system that surely managers can monitor with their eyes. I am never late back from my breaks but being forgetful has made it seem so, be smart with a simple press of a button and you'll be fine. A terrible system. Sadly I'm looking to leave TMPW, along with a large number of people who joined at the same time. Broken promises and seeing more Senior RC's abandon the rules we are held accountable for (lateness, sickness, "code usage") is so frustrating. Attrition is massive and a fair wage is elusive. Join at this level for the skills, but don't listen to their promises and make your way to a job that pays the staff fairly for the jobs that are done at the bottom of the chain. I have seen client complaints because they became aware that their interviews were being handled by people without experience, if TMP focused on more fair treatment they would have a few more expert Resource Coordinators to impress their clients.

Advice to Management

Could I be any clearer? Pay attention to your employee survey 40% not feeling valued at my level? How about addressing these issues up front a good start would be on the company call...

May 29, 2015 – CEO

Thank you leaving a review on Glassdoor. I was pleased to read the positive feedback although I was less pleased to hear some of the other points you raised, we will be looking into them in more ... More

5. Great people in a busy

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Really great people/teams in the business to work with, good camaraderie within the business - Never feel micro-managed - Leadership team and general Managers always have time to listen and are very approachable

Cons

- Sometimes a 'them and us' mentality with CS/Delivery teams - Lack of change in processes/procedures, sometimes unwilling to change the way certain things are done within the business

Apr 27, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review for TMP UK on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback.

6. Great colleagues, good communication

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at TMP Worldwide UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good communication from leadership to staff. Good colleagues and fun place to work. Very creative people in some parts of the business.

Cons

When I was there there were quite a lot of changes and this was a little unsettling.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication going whatever happens. Innovation is key and employees have some good ideas in this area.

Apr 27, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Glassdoor - we appreciate it!

7. Great strategy, really energised people who have fun doing great things.

Current Employee - Client Director
    Current Employee - Client Director

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy in the business is really inspiring Senior Management take a pragmatic, longer term view to drive forward the company's vision Great people and a really fresh working environment - good benefits too.

Cons

Could do with a bit more structure and more efficient systems Some turnover in Client Services team has increased workloads, but that should be temporary

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing but invest in systems to let people be more productive and spend more time delivering for clients instead having to hunt for information.

Apr 27, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank for your leaving us a review on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback.

8. An excellent culture and really passionate and fun team.

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time

Pros

Great Workplace environment Excellent level of professional specialists Very open and transparent Management

Cons

Need to organise their processes more Need to sometimes contain their passion and prioritise Long hours for many people as a consequence to the above

Apr 27, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Glassdoor.

9. Great environment if you thrive on autonomy

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clear vision and great resources. clear Busines focus

Cons

Lack of training and bonuses. Some fiefdoms

Apr 27, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Glassdoor. Feedback is important to us, so we appreciate it.

10. unpleasant, overworked, underpaid, worst working experience ever!

Former Employee - TMP Slave in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - TMP Slave in London, England (UK)

I worked at TMP Worldwide UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None!.... The central London location is a smoke screen, a great way to sell to potential employees and also future clients. I presume just like the slave ships enticed the locals with a sense of adventure and excitement .

Cons

Where do I start ? Everything! top down & bottom up!

Advice to Management

Never again!

Apr 27, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for leaving a review on Glassdoor. We are sorry to hear your experience at TMP was less than positive. Your review doesn't match with our overall Glassdoor rating and responses from our ... More

11. Great buzz around the team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time

Pros

Overall lovely people. Often given the chance to work on varied campaigns and with different clients. Always something going on and the opportunity to take part in exciting things.

Cons

Low salary compared to other recruitment agencies. No commission, but still given targets to meet. Other than that really nice place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep it fun, reward the hard work a little bit more.

Apr 27, 2015 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Glassdoor.

RSS Feed </> Embed