TMP Worldwide UK Reviews

Updated August 5, 2014

3.2

TMP Worldwide UK CEO Andrew Wilkinson
Andrew Wilkinson

unpleasant, overworked, underpaid, worst working experience ever!

Former Employee - TMP Slave  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - TMP Slave in London, England (UK)

I worked at TMP Worldwide UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

None!.... The central London location is a smoke screen, a great way to sell to potential employees and also future clients. I presume just like the slave ships enticed the locals with a sense of adventure and excitement .

Cons

Where do I start ? Everything! top down & bottom up!

Never again!

Great buzz around the team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time

Pros

Overall lovely people. Often given the chance to work on varied campaigns and with different clients. Always something going on and the opportunity to take part in exciting things.

Cons

Low salary compared to other recruitment agencies. No commission, but still given targets to meet. Other than that really nice place to work.

Keep it fun, reward the hard work a little bit more.

Wouldn't reccomend

Former Employee - Client Service  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Client Service in London, England (UK)

I worked at TMP Worldwide UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The industry recognizes that if you can handle TMP you can handle pretty much anything

Cons

Not a pleasant environment at all. Very unprofessional.

Why.......

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summing up

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK

Pros

Great client base and growing

Cons

Competitor set isnt up to much

Felt like my loyalty was not reciprocated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at TMP Worldwide UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great teamwork, some of the best people I've ever worked with.

Cons

The in-joke was that TMP stood for Too Many People: it's a huge organisation, and it got difficult keeping track of who was who, and who you had a meeting with that day. I grew tired of explaining that by attending the constant "progress" meetings, I wasn't actually making any progress in my actual work at all.

Less ticking boxes, and more letting people do their job!

Money-driven organization - leave your ethics at the door

Former Employee - Account Director
    Former Employee - Account Director

I worked at TMP Worldwide UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generally a good offering, unique, highly specialized. People were generally nice.

Cons

Unless you're in the major offices, you likely won't access resources to do any stellar work. The company is very money-driven, looking for short term revenue (monthly revenue calls and pushes to shove things in the system by end of month or to pre-bill contracts that are not signed yet) at the expense of building strong client relationships. Same with employees, "show you can bring in money or be ignored until you leave" seemed to be the modus operandi. No HR practices to speak of so certainly not "best practices" the agency preaches to customers. I truly feel that the time I had there was a waste of my professional life - so much more stimulated after i left.

care for your customers, care for your employees, spend more time listening and collaborating instead of fostering a hierarchy of processes, for God's sake stop writing novels in PowerPoint, that one hour monologue you call "all call" is not productive, informative or motivating so please make it more interactive or just email the novel to everyone

Revenue Trumps All

I worked at TMP Worldwide UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, lots of vacation, bonus structure, majority of people are good, honest, smart folks, some good leadership, financial transparency. A good environment for someone who values money over virtue.

Cons

Leadership puts short-term profits over all else, including ethical behavior - both in dealing with employees and clients. At TMP, if it means hitting quarterly numbers, it sanctioned and encouraged - regardless of whether it is the right thing to do by the client, the employee or even the long-term viability of the organization.

Consider placing character, ethics and doing the right thing above quarterly profits, while it may not be completely intuitive, the way to win is to obsess over culture and producing real results for your clients rather than fixating on your next meeting with the bank.

TMP has been an amazing place to work and grow a career

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people are wonderful, their flexibility is amazing and they've continued to stay on the forefront of the industry.

Cons

You will defintely work hard, but so worth it.

Great place to work depending on the point of your career & lifestyle

I worked at TMP Worldwide UK

Pros

Excellent benefits and work / life balance. I haven't found a company that has competed yet. Large company, but has a small company feel to it. Great place to start or end your career. For new grads and talent, it's a great place to drop in the fire and get running. For experienced professionals, it's a great place to settle in and enjoy a good work/life balance, flexibility and benefits. If you're in the middle looking to make a splash or advance your career, different story.

Cons

If you're looking for career advancement and recognition, don't expect it quickly here. As I mentioned great for new grads just starting out to get experience or veterans looking to settle in and "be satisfied" with what they have. Pay is not competitive unless you're in the upper ranks and even that's questionable. If you're looking for mentorship and an outlined path, not the best choice. Stingy on the advancement and compensation, if and when you do advance.

Challenging work with people I really like

I have been working at TMP Worldwide UK full-time

Pros

• Always pushing what digital advertising should do
    • Work is challenging, but to a point only limited by clients understanding of the first statement
    • If you want to do something, nothing is stopping you. Lots of autonomy.

Cons

Info flow can be difficult, but with such a large company, that's the case anywhere. Plus things are always changing. They do try to flow the info as best as possible. What may help in addition is to have more sector experts in a database to be able to access. One big info/resource cloud of sorts.

Know when to break ties with a client

Worked for TMP Worldwide UK? Contribute to the Community!