TMP Worldwide UK

www.tmpw.co.uk

TMP Worldwide UK Reviews

TMP Worldwide UK CEO Andrew Wilkinson

Andrew Wilkinson

Great buzz around the team.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsOverall lovely people. Often given the chance to work on varied campaigns and with different clients. Always something going on and the opportunity to take part in exciting things.

ConsLow salary compared to other recruitment agencies. No commission, but still given targets to meet. Other than that really nice place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it fun, reward the hard work a little bit more.

Wouldn't reccomend

Client Service (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe industry recognizes that if you can handle TMP you can handle pretty much anything

ConsNot a pleasant environment at all. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy.......

Summing up

ProsGreat client base and growing

ConsCompetitor set isnt up to much

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Felt like my loyalty was not reciprocated.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat people, great teamwork, some of the best people I've ever worked with.

ConsThe in-joke was that TMP stood for Too Many People: it's a huge organisation, and it got difficult keeping track of who was who, and who you had a meeting with that day. I grew tired of explaining that by attending the constant "progress" meetings, I wasn't actually making any progress in my actual work at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess ticking boxes, and more letting people do their job!

Money-driven organization - leave your ethics at the door

Account Director (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally a good offering, unique, highly specialized. People were generally nice.

ConsUnless you're in the major offices, you likely won't access resources to do any stellar work. The company is very money-driven, looking for short term revenue (monthly revenue calls and pushes to shove things in the system by end of month or to pre-bill contracts that are not signed yet) at the expense of building strong client relationships. Same with employees, "show you can bring in money or be ignored until you leave" seemed to be the modus operandi. No HR practices to speak of so certainly not "best practices" the agency preaches to customers. I truly feel that the time I had there was a waste of my professional life - so much more stimulated after i left.

Advice to Senior Managementcare for your customers, care for your employees, spend more time listening and collaborating instead of fostering a hierarchy of processes, for God's sake stop writing novels in PowerPoint, that one hour monologue you call "all call" is not productive, informative or motivating so please make it more interactive or just email the novel to everyone

Revenue Trumps All

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, lots of vacation, bonus structure, majority of people are good, honest, smart folks, some good leadership, financial transparency. A good environment for someone who values money over virtue.

ConsLeadership puts short-term profits over all else, including ethical behavior - both in dealing with employees and clients. At TMP, if it means hitting quarterly numbers, it sanctioned and encouraged - regardless of whether it is the right thing to do by the client, the employee or even the long-term viability of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider placing character, ethics and doing the right thing above quarterly profits, while it may not be completely intuitive, the way to win is to obsess over culture and producing real results for your clients rather than fixating on your next meeting with the bank.

TMP has been an amazing place to work and grow a career

ProsThe people are wonderful, their flexibility is amazing and they've continued to stay on the forefront of the industry.

ConsYou will defintely work hard, but so worth it.

Great place to work depending on the point of your career & lifestyle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits and work / life balance. I haven't found a company that has competed yet. Large company, but has a small company feel to it. Great place to start or end your career. For new grads and talent, it's a great place to drop in the fire and get running. For experienced professionals, it's a great place to settle in and enjoy a good work/life balance, flexibility and benefits. If you're in the middle looking to make a splash or advance your career, different story.

ConsIf you're looking for career advancement and recognition, don't expect it quickly here. As I mentioned great for new grads just starting out to get experience or veterans looking to settle in and "be satisfied" with what they have. Pay is not competitive unless you're in the upper ranks and even that's questionable. If you're looking for mentorship and an outlined path, not the best choice. Stingy on the advancement and compensation, if and when you do advance.

Challenging work with people I really like

Pros• Always pushing what digital advertising should do
    • Work is challenging, but to a point only limited by clients understanding of the first statement
    • If you want to do something, nothing is stopping you. Lots of autonomy.

ConsInfo flow can be difficult, but with such a large company, that's the case anywhere. Plus things are always changing. They do try to flow the info as best as possible. What may help in addition is to have more sector experts in a database to be able to access. One big info/resource cloud of sorts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow when to break ties with a client

Could be better, not enough indians

Prosgood people for the most part

ConsNeed to decide what we are!

Worked for TMP Worldwide UK? Contribute to the Community!