TMS Health

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015
2.0

Guy M. Amato

Pros
  • Decent pay compared to similar jobs in market (in 5 reviews)

• For a call center, it's a nice environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They will tell you they are not a call center (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management says they have open door policy, but nothing changes (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Easy job but management is lacking

Former Employee - Inside Physician Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Physician Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TMS Health full-time

Pros

Coworkers were some of the nicest people I have ever worked with in my career. The job as inside sales representative is not very taxing or stressful. Good work life balance, you leave work and you leave your work day behind you. Some good training.

Cons

Micromanagement. Management doesn't seem to know how to reward or motivate it's sales staff. The inside sales position requires 8 hrs of sitting at a desk with minimal break time. Satisfactory commission is almost unobtainable after commission structure changes. Lack of opportunity for advancement.

Stop treating your staff like children.

Kindergarten

Current Employee - Inside Pharmacy Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Pharmacy Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at TMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees are extremely nice. They were able to take advantage of some highly qualified people do to a bad economy, and take advantage of them they did. Hopefully they are realizing the market has changed and those experienced,talented and educated individuals aren't going to be hanging around. Training was fabulous.

Cons

They will tell you they are not a call center. Duh!!! Income hardly matches skill and the micro management is out of control. You get penalized for using earned PTO without 3 days prior notice and approval. No pay and written up. Surprised we aren't grounded, put in time out, or sent to our cubicles without lunch. Please plan your illnesses and children's appropriately.

Perhaps more experienced management who doesn't come from a call center environment can give some perspective on what that culture looks like.

I'd Rather Die in Prison

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moon Township, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moon Township, PA

I worked at TMS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good food at the cafeteria

Cons

Management sucks and they disappear for 2-3 hours during lunch so they can stare at the sunshine in the courtyard while we are basically handcuffed to our desks, supervisors give you a reason why they won't take calls 75% of the time even though the escalation is because you're following policy, when you speak your opinion upper management shuns you for months (they tell you to use judgment but if they don't like the outcome they say "you should've used better judgment"), you could work there for years and still know more about someone on Craig's List than your co-workers because no effort is put in to group activities, it makes a sweat shop look like the greatest job ever, the company we were contracting for acts like you're a piece of poop even though you work ten times harder than them, the systems are slower than a dead turtle, they make the job seem like unicorns and rainbows but you realize it's all a lie after getting off of audit, no one in the office received a raise for the entire 2+ years that I was there (unless the favorites received one without anyone knowing), favoritism is insane (same people get maximum work-from-home days every month even when you hear them screw up on a monitored call while someone from QA is sitting next to them and supervisors will secretly give them first priority for days selected when you clearly beat them out, and the favorites get to sit there like lazy pigs all day and work emails while you take 50-60 calls even though your work ethic makes them look like road kill (I was told that I would be trained for email after being off audit but worked there for another 2+ years without being trained for it (asked numerous times and management beat around the bush to keep me from getting aggravated).

Make your job more important than texting on your iPhone for 2-3 hours while you're in the courtyard during lunch, stop acting like people below management/upper management don't know what they're talking about (they are the ones who take the calls and have taken way more than you in your lifetime so their opinions matter), quit promising employees things that aren't foreseeable in the near future, drop the favoritism act because you are making average employees out to be all-stars, stop using the pathetic average call time statistic because people who call want you to listen rather than be rushed, and to management, please work on your spelling and grammar because I have spent more time editing your cases and notes than time I've spent breathing.

Create more fun!

I worked at TMS Health

Pros

Great people in general. Decent benefits. Team oriented.

Cons

Break, lunch, sick times are minimal. There are many reports in the news of sedentary work causing all kinds of ailments. I think this is a quick fix that may easily improve moral.

Read Glassdoor!

Work here only if you don't have a degree or the bills are getting out of control.

Current Employee - Inside Pharaceutical Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Pharaceutical Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at TMS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

No pros, no pros. Job - just over broke.

Cons

The company , the job and that's all of it.

If you want to pay people only a couple dollars above minimum wage that is what you will get. The old saying you get what you pay for.

A Treadmill to Nowhere

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at TMS Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent coworkers. For a call center, it's a nice environment. You can eat and drink at your desk. Room is pretty bright and airy. Some very intelligent people work in that call center and it's clear they have skills which are not being used by TMS or the big pharma they work for. Two 15 minute breaks are enforced which are paid and helpful. Most customers are nice and just need some help and perhaps a little love. Verbal appreciation comes at regular intervals.

Cons

The call center is a nowhere job. They pay $15/hour and there are no increases (as I was told by management) ever. Occasional bonus payouts of anywhere from $20-$200 but the highest amounts only go to the top performers. 50 bucks here and there but the same salary all around. The big pharma that contracts with TMS is having its own struggles in a tight diabetes care market and they are behind in innovation and by maintaining a buddy system throughout management. No chance to get hired on to big pharma company, even though TMS agents work on the client site. Change shifts with "shift bids" makes for unsteady hours, even for those with seniority. Severe penalties if you call off and they don't have any hours to offer in the staffing bank. Mediocre benefits - everyone gets the same health plan. Big pharma call center agents with tons of experience were laid off over a year ago and TMS swooped in and promised lots of cheap labor which is now the status quo. Be aware that if you work here, you are cheap labor for big pharma, even though they treat the position as if it required top security clearance. Insanely lengthy interview process consisted of three levels of face to face interviews, a phone screen with a "voice test", and online quiz, background check and a drug test. Seems rather extensive for $15/hour. Have to clock in and out of phone and computer for breaks, lunches, beginning and end of day which gets tedious. Serious micromanaging at all times - beyond anything I've ever seen. Training process is three months long and failure at any part of the process will cause you to be walked out by management. Punitive environment.

Be honest. You get some quality people coming through your doors due to the economy, but that economy is getting better and your supply will dwindle. It would be wise to be honest with people you interview so you get people in the call center who know what the job is about and are OK with that (they do exist). There's telling the truth and there's telling the truth, coated in sugar.

Bad Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at TMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

can't think of any, bad experience.

Cons

no communication, hard to get vacation time approved, they treat you as if you are a slave.

better communication with employees. Current management is horrible.

Its a way to be able to help people with our products.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moon Township, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at TMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Monday to Friday. Steady work flow.

Cons

No room to grow or advance. No raises in the past 3/4 years.

Challenging

I have been working at TMS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I truly enjoyed and admired the people I worked with. It was a great learning experience. I was able to go above and beyond my job description and make my job into an enjoyable career.

Cons

The benefits have declined. There is a lack of leadership and unfortunately a lack of appreciation for talented employees that has resulted in the loss of some great mentors.

Become more transparent with your communication and keep in mind the level of talent you have working towards the same goal.

Frustrating and unsatisfying

Former Employee - Inside Sales Physician Representative II in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Physician Representative II in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay was ok and benefits good.

Cons

The job was monotonous and boring and management was unqualified and selected based on who was sleeping with the people in charge.

No chance to advance to management