TMS Health Reviews

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

1.8

Guy M. Amato

Pros
  • Decent pay compared to similar jobs in market (in 5 reviews)

• For a call center, it's a nice environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The call center is a nowhere job (in 9 reviews)

• Suffice to say, employees treated like children (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Serious Problems with Horrible Management and Extremely High Turnover

I worked at TMS Health

Pros

A means of employment in a very tight job market

Cons

There are serious problems with this company's culture and management. Don't pay attention to the reviews on here saying there aren't any problems. Most likely those were posted to cover up what a mess this company is. Their clients are noticing TMS' extremely high turn over and unskilled useless managers. Accounts will definitely be lost in the long run. A lot of finger pointing will happen as part of one long drawn out blame game. It will be interesting to see how Xerox ACS deals with it. Don't walk but run from having anything to do with these people.

Fire yourselves and go back to school to learn new careers.

Inexperienced Managers with little to no sales or management experience running the company

Former Employee - PAs  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - PAs in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employees who work diligently and achieve success in spite of management shortcomings.

Cons

Terrible leadership that is running this company out of business. Employees are regularly asked to sacrifice pay/bonuses/commissions to help keep the company afloat. They seem to be having a difficult time keeping the lights on and the computers working. They are always hiring as the large turnover permits them to bill their clients for training creating needed revenue. No outside sales staff generating new client business...

Look to new business for revenue. Asking your employees to support mis-management of client contracts is like asking the homeless to to pay your mortgage. Your employees deserve better.

BEWARE WORKING FOR TMS HEALTH!

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Telephone Representative  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Telephone Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TMS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unfortunately, there are no pros when you consider the cons.

Cons

Very low salary. Poor incentives. Unskilled first time managers who do not know how to lead and motivate. Favoritism rules.
    High turnover due to constant turmoil in workforce. Note: going to the bathroom comes out of your break time. Upper management says they have open door policy, but nothing changes. Eyes are closed to the issues.

If you are going to pick your friends for promotions, then have the decency to have them trained in leadership courses, HR courses, motivational courses.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TMS supplied me with the knowledge to handle customers dispute in a professional manner.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Johnstown, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Johnstown, PA

I worked at TMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning new ways to handle any problem in a fast pace environment.

Cons

Not enough hours to work.

Sorry the company closed, because I learned a lot about customer service.

very busy on the phone

I worked at TMS Health

Pros

interaction with healthcare professionals on a daily basis

Cons

in some cases poor commission structure

Looking for a laugh, because this place is a joke!

Former Employee - Personal Account Specialist  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Account Specialist in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Met some nice people, whom I hope get out of there soon.

Cons

There is absolutely no GOOD communication in management. Every DM will tell you something different, because they don't how to manage correctly. The DMs don't have great communication with their bosses and were not trained properly. The DMs job is to keep you in the seat and that is all they are there for. They have no actual training, though they all think they are the best, and think their job is something of extreme high importance. The DMs used to be agents on the floor, the ones that stuck their noises so far up their DMs butt and got promoted even though they don't have any experience. I'm sure they pick the dumbest agents to be promoted, because those are the ones who think the job is something worth while.

You will be treated like a child, they micromanage you down to your bathroom use. They tell you what is best for the company, not for you. They string you along thinking their is hope for something more and something great, but it never comes.

In training they make this job sound amazing, once you hit the floor and get to dialing, you just laugh and wonder if this is serious. The motto their is "Smile and dial" literally, that is ALL you do. Talking? Sure, on the phone, but talk to your neighbor and you get in trouble.

I cannot believe clients pay for this, it is literally a joke. If they had undercover people go in there and apply for a job to see how it is, I am sure they would all pull out. They are wasting their money there, thinking it is doing something. And when they do get smart and pull out, TMS promises they will have a place for you, and they furlough you for weeks only to bring you back for a week or two, and furlough you again. It isn't even worth it.

This job is best for mindless drones that can't think for themselves. However, it is a paycheck and if you are desperate apply and get a job. If you lie a lot about your background you will get paid WAY more then the employees that are there. Every time they hired someone new they paid them more then I was making, which makes no sense, I had way more experience. Just goes to show they don't care about the employees that have been there for years. The pay you get when you are hired is what you get, don't expect anything more, even if you are an amazing employee. You'll get a paper award saying you're doing great. The amount of money, paper and time they waste on making dumb awards they can give to you in your paycheck.

The want you to do what is best for the company, but will screw you over in a heartbeat. They don't care about their employees.

Learn to communicate. Get off your high horse and pedestals, you are not that great and your job isn't very important. Treat people with respect and learn how to do your job so you don't screw the agents over.

Glad to have moved on

Former Employee - PAS Telesales  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - PAS Telesales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TMS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Top notch training - most reps go through same training/certifications as outside field reps
    Majority of co-workers and trainers are pleasant and well-educated
    Opportunity to rub elbows with some high profile pharm execs
    Thurs and Fri dress down days
    Decent pay compared to similar jobs in market
    Decent Benefits
    Some fun contests
    Two TV's in break room (unless cable bill is not paid, which is often and embarrassing when clients are on site)
    Fixed monthly award ceremonies: everyone is bound to get an award if they last long enough
    Favoritism runs rampant, if they like you, you are golden, even if you cheat your way through every disposition, it doesn't hurt to be attractive

No Background Check
    No Drug screening

Cons

Call center environment
    High turnover
    Filthy office like working in a petri dish
    Employees constantly sick, coughing and sneezing all over each, wipe the dust off your cubicle and the within 30 minutes, there is a new layer
    Some employees do not wash their hands after using restroom
    Demeaning morning greetings from upper management
    Constantly monitored/tracked
    Unrealistic call expectations/penetration based on inflated metrics from previous years campaigns (reps who inflated those metrics were finally let go due to overwhelming complaints to ACS/Xerox, however, the Managers and Directors who looked the other way remain and have been promoted)
    Some Managers will fire an employee for using cell phone or internet on call floor while other Managers will cut you some slack
    Client has ability to terminate your position
    Client constantly changing mind as to "what is considered a compliant quality call"
    Very little put in writing, therefore, no one is on the same page and that is pretty important when it comes to the pharmaceutical industry, don't you think?
    Here today, gone tomorrow, the program you are on could shut down without warning
    TMS management blames reps when clients are not happy with calls
    When a call does go well, management presents employee with a "Way to Go" certificate sometimes with a Crayola crayon border
    Suffice to say, employees treated like children
    Reprimanded and warned for taking too long in the restroom
    Tracked down if you do not put yourself in break or lunch
    Management has no qualms about lying directly to your face
    Client Brand teams think the inside reps make more than they really do, the review below is right on the money--wake up pharma!!
    Coffee is not allowed on call floor unless it is in an approved container (this however, does not apply to Management and HR, they are much more careful than the peons in the trenches) Stop walking around flashing your DD container, you know who you are!!
    Draining, tedious and mundane work

No background check
    No drug screening

Treat others the way you would want to be treated and post a sign in restrooms that state: ALL employees must wash hands before returning to work.

Means to an end

I worked at TMS Health full-time

Pros

Ever seen office space? This place is initech. Keep an eye on your stapler

Cons

Sad, dingy, moldy, dim, sad sad sad sad

Its a three ring circus run by the clowns.

Former Employee - PAS Telesales  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - PAS Telesales in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TMS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and a steady salary. The salary is fine, the commission is non-existent.

Cons

Middle management that is unprofessional, inept, and prone to petty games.

Get some real professionals and loose Neal and his team on the AZ side, and Guy and his crew at the top.

This is the most honest review you will read.

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - District Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TMS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will have a paycheck. During training you will learn some basics of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug you will be detailing, this is a pro only if you are new to the field.

Cons

Let me start by letting you know I started as a Physician Rep and went on to a DM. I was one of the only people I know of with experience in the pharmaceutical industry aside for a couple of the trainers.

As for management, aside from myself, it was upsetting to see that the managers had no experience in either the pharmaceutical industry or management. Most were former reps that had become friends with a member of senior management. You may see a rep there for a few months be promoted when more qualified individuals are in the same position for a year, if they stay that long.

You will be micro-managed, that is the job of DM (district manager), simply to make sure people are in their seats and accounted for on the phone so the pharmaceutical company can be billed.

There is no room to advance, I only did so because I already had more experience than anyone in senior management.

The business concept is simple and has nothing to do with "influencing prescriber habits". TMS acquires business by convincing a pharmaceutical company that they can be more successful in reaching doctors than outside reps for a fraction of the cost. Once the company agrees TMS puts them in a contract for X amount of agents speaking with doctors offices for X amount of hours, billing from $50 - $65 per hour. They then hire "physician reps" and with commission, at best pay them $15 - $19 per hour.
    They are not concerned with you as an employee, just keeping that seat filled so they can bill.

Simply put, you will enjoy training. Once you are on the floor you will realize what the purpose of the company actually is, and you will be very upset by the people that are your superiors.

If you need a job, Take the position, but do not become content. Utilize it as a way to have a paycheck while looking for a real job / career.

Remember, during training which can last from 3 - 4 weeks you will be give an hour lunch break, that is the time you should be on other interviews. Training used to last a minimum of 4 weeks and even that was not enough to come close to having the knowledge compared to the outside reps, but that's another poor company decision.
    Once you are done with training, you will start to work by the clock, literally. You clock in when you get on the phone, your 2 15 minute breaks are timed, and your 30 minute lunch starts when you get off the phone and stops once you are back on it, leaving you a realistic 15 - 20 minutes for lunch, not enough time to search for another job. Even when using the bathroom, you have to use your break time.

Don't make the mistake of being content, people have done this, once they are done with training they are disgusted with the position, but the only way to look for another one is to quit, there are no exceptions, that will happen to you.
    Be smart and use the extra break time during training to continue your search. Don't feel like you should have any loyalty to the company, they intend on you leaving, they already have another training class going at the same time.

I did not utilize my time in training to look for another position, that left me in a position where I was there for almost a year. Luckily I was given the task of taking on a new team and was allowed to sit in with them during their 3rd and 4th week of training. My first task, I sent out resumes, I scheduled my interviews over 3 days the following week during the hour break and found a real position I actually enjoy. I did not give 2 weeks notice, I simply called and told them I no longer wanted to be part of their scheme that should be rendered not legal, that's from a business perspective, aside from having to "manage" people when I wanted to tell them to pick up and move on for themselves.
    My last check came in the mail, I couldn't be happier knowing it was behind me.

My biggest regret, not using that hour break during my initial training.

In terms of a "job", you are lucky to have come this far with no real knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry. As for managing, you are simply doing what you are told and going through the motions to get your paycheck. If you would like to go further in your career, first don't pursue anything in the pharmaceutical field, a real company will see your lack of knowledge within minutes of your first interview. As for a management position, you will need some real working experience and schooling for management.

Worked for TMS Health? Contribute to the Community!