TMW Systems Reviews

TMW Systems President and CEO David W. Wangler
David W. Wangler

Developer

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

TMW has a great work environment and the new office is really nice. Compensation is very competitive with a really good vacation accrual program.

Cons

Some of the managers are in their position because of time at the company not because of their ability to manage.

2. Nice place to work

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at TMW Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company with good vision on the transportation sector.

Cons

Outdated technology and not a good ambiance

Advice to Management

Provide better benefits program for the employees

Software Developer

I have been working at TMW Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay can be competitive. Good PTO policy and health plan. Telecommuting available.

Cons

Some long-time employees can be difficult to work with and seem reluctant to change to newer methodologies. Don't expect a raise when you get promoted.

Advice to Management

Spend time looking to keep existing employees instead of concentrating on attracting new homes alone.

Asgame they sold to Trimble.. Now treat employees poorly.

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at TMW Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WAS a great company With great benefits and management support. Good environment.

Cons

Since they were acquired, management a,d executives treat people poorly. They have lied to look better to new company. Will throw you under the bus in a minute to get ahead.

Advice to Management

No, I better not..

Some good and some bad...

I have been working at TMW Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people that I work with directly are supportive and helpful; I can't say there is anyone I completely dislike or don't get along with. The benefits are okay, and the physical work environment is decent.

Cons

The workload is intense. Even when things don't work (often due to elements outside of our control), we are still expected to meet deadlines. We often don't receive the support that we need from members of other groups (frequently due to their own workload), and are left to our own devices to solve problems. Funding for outside training opportunities is lacking.

Advice to Management

Please put quality as the primary focus - this includes setting and maintaining minimum standards when hiring employees. Having to clean up or compensate for the mistakes of others sets us all back.

If you want to get away without doing anything, this is the place for you

Current Employee - Software Developer in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at TMW Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay
    Flexible hours
    Generous Vacation
    Management is mostly cueless and will not question what they don't understand (which is a lot)

Cons

Management seems to be in their positions because they are friends with each other outside of work and have been at TMW for a long time, not because they are qualified
    Barely any chance for moving up since managers will never leave
    Trying to improve anything is blocked at all turns by management's incompetence and an unwillingness to learn anything new
    Hard work is not valued unless your manager gets the credit and you will be criticized when it is pointed they do not understand something
    Employees of all skill level are seen as easily replaceable
    Extreme double-standards for employees that buddy-up with management
    Yearly reviews are a joke, only used to point out flaws (very specific ones without any mention of how to fix/resolve them) to justify bare minimum raises

Advice to Management

You need to be open to learning new things and allow your employees to use their strengths. Many people leave since they are stifled and are left feeling like little more then worker drones.

Okay place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, OH

I worked at TMW Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Pros are they offer an employee stock option plan, gym membership and classes, casual dress everyday and casual environment (ping pong and pool) and encourage wellness by providing complimentary green snacks weekly.

Cons

The Cons are recent leadership changes do not have the skills or aptitude to excel in those positions and they lack vision and influence. Current new leadership is an "ole boy's club" and women are seriously undervalued within the Company and consistently get overlooked for management and promotion.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and specifically women in management rolls; and promote them.

Deceptive interview - job applied for was not even remotely what I did every day.

Former Employee - Developer in Mayfield Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Developer in Mayfield Heights, OH

I worked at TMW Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Some interesting co-workers make it a fun environment. It's also great if you like the sound of people yelling at each other.

Cons

Bad supervisors and managers with no people skills, unrealistic deadlines, half-baked Agile process. After a couple months I was putting in so many hours that my personal life began to suffer. And even those heavy hours didn't satisfy a demanding team lead who was good at yelling, not so good at motivating.

Advice to Management

Your small team managers are little dictators rather than team leads. Yelling at employees does not elicit better results. This isn't the Army any more. Too many former military here. The "boot camp" training is an apt name for the first two weeks of training.

10. OKC Location

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

Very relaxed, fun, easy environment to work in. Everyone is nice, helpful, and understanding.

Cons

Sometimes a little too relaxed; things arent done in the best mannor

11. As an intern

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

The people at this company are more than accommodating and welcoming. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual, this makes the company a place to enjoy coming to every morning.

Cons

Looking through Glassdoor salaries I was disheartened to find that I was making less in this company then other interns despite being highly qualified.

Advice to Management

I suggest meeting with prospective interns or new hires to discuss in detail pay and benefits.

RSS Feed </> Embed