TMX Finance

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tracy Young

Pros
  • The pay is good if you have a store 600,000 and up due to the bonus program(in 4 reviews)

• I recently received a promotion, but it proves that hard work pays off(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance does not exist and employees are leaving in droves(in 6 reviews)

• The company is steady hiring people to replace vacant positions that are direct result of the culture upper management brings(in 7 reviews)

One of the best, most rewarding career opportunities I have had!

Lease Negotiations Manager (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsTMX Finance is a nationwide, rapidly expanding industry leader for consumer lending. My position as Lease Negotiations Manager allows me to meet and work with people from companies all over the United States which makes negotiating fun, educational and never boring! The work is challenging, interesting, my peers and coworkers are wonderful and I am privileged to work with some of the most knowledgeable and professional people in the real estate industry. The atmosphere is energetic and casual at the same time which for me makes the perfect working environment.

ConsThe only challenge for me has been the lack of a bonus/incentive program. Most companies of this size and type offer bonus/incentive programs to their leasing staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management would be to keep growing personally and professionally and believe that success is to be found in the journey, not the destination.

Corporate Environment Review

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsTMX Finance has excellent leadership and knowledge from the senior management. I genuinely respect them and use their expertise to further my training and understanding of corporate finance. The company strives to hire the best employees Savannah has to offer. This means that you will be surrounded by extremely motivated and talented individuals from many different backgrounds who are all a wealth of information and training resources for a new professional. The company has clear goals and recognizes hard work and innovative ideas. The corporate office is still small enough that your voice can be heard and still flexible and proactive enough that they can implement new business practices and ideas quickly. This creates a constantly growing and changing atmosphere that provides new learning experiences and opens new career paths for more specialized employees.

ConsBecause of their high standards, they expect results. While I feel secure in my job, I know that I have to work hard for that job security. There is no room for slackers. While the company goals as a whole are clear, the company could do a better job setting more defined objectives for each department. At times this lack of clarity causes doubling of efforts. However, in my experience, this is not a unique issue to TMX Finance. These cons should not be a deterrent from working for this company. I've still rated it 5 stars because I believe this is a great company to work for and I still have a lot of room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more defined process for quarterly employee reviews could help keep the teams on track better and more collaboration between departments will increase overall corporate productivity.

Fast paced, fun environment! Opportunity is always knocking at your door!

Manager, Recruiting (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsBar none, I work with some of the best people in any company. The corporate culture rewards people for their hard work and there is plenty of opportunity for growth for performers. Great being a privately held company where we can execute and make decisions on the fly. Our CEO is a visionary and is truly invested in his people. The office atmosphere is fun the work is mentally stimulating. Location is hard to beat! TMX is a technology driven organization so you have all the "cool toys" when it comes to getting your job done.

ConsLong hours are normal so not for the person looking for just a 9-5. Not a con for me but folks should be aware.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, I'm happy!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TMX Finance is a growing company full of opportunity and potential.

Project Manager, Web Properties (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsTMX Finance office culture is fast-paced and goal oriented. The teams are like family and we're all focused towards one overall objective. There is a great work-to-life balance across all departments and levels. TMX Finance is above average when it comes to providing its employees with the tools needed to do their jobs efficiently and effectively.

ConsAs with any company that grows rapidly, I've experienced a few standard growing pains; however, good people and good management merely see those as challenges and not as obstacles. The industry of short-term lending, and therefor the company, has a negative stigma attached to it, which often presents itself as a frustrating challenge regardless of your department or task. It takes a positive attitude and some creative thinking to conquer and move-on.

Great opportunities with a growing company!

Recruiting (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsThis is by far the best company I have ever worked for! I started with this company 3 years ago, and in that 3 years have experienced 4 promotions and more than doubled my salary. The culture at TMX Finance is work hard, and they will reward your hard work. Working for a company that is growing so rapidly not only keeps you engaged and constantly challenged, it also provides opportunities for personal development, and growth - both professionally and financially.

ConsOur company has gone from a smaller, family owned company to a large, nation-wide corporation in a matter of only a few years. With an aggressive growth strategy, not every part of the company can always keep up with the pace. To me, that is part of the excitement and fun because you get to be a part of implementing change and implementing new policies and best practices. However, things are constantly changing so you have to be flexible and resilient to change to really make the most of opportunity.

Outstanding opportunity, tons of growth potential & amazing work environment

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsI was contacted by a recruiter last year out of the blue. I was not actively seeking a new career opportunity, yet was open to exploring my options. The hiring process moved very quickly and before I knew it, I was offered a new job as a recruiter - an area I had NO experience in. Because the process was so quick, I was very hesitant. I immediately came on Glassdoor to check out reviews. They should have scared me away, but I reminded myself that it's normally the people with really bad experiences that write reviews. I accepted the position even with my hesitation. If the growth potential was really there, why wouldn't I succeed?

Almost a year later, it amazes me how happy I am with my decision to join the TMX Finance team. Sure, I'm drinking the kool aid so I am biased. However, it's simple - if you work hard and want to succeed, you will have a successful career at TMX. In the ten months I have been here, I have been promoted TWICE and the end is no where in sight for me. I have referred several people who have all been hired into different departments who ALL love their jobs and they are still here. If accept a position with TMX and decide you are interested in another position within the company, the management is encouraging and supportive. The opportunities really are endless.

It's unfortunate that the industry has such a negative reputation, it's unfortunate TMX has such a negative reputation. TMX Finance is constantly evolving and it's a great time to be a part of such an innovative and exciting adventure!

ConsConsistency across the whole company could definitely improve, community involvement - which I know we are working on, the paid time off options - who doesn't want more PTO? More marketing regarding how great TMX is as an employer (the negative reputation needs to go!)

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to show off our management within the community!

Great Growing Company

Project Accountant (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

Pros"The Company is growing and there are lots of opportunity for you to grow with it as well! I recently received a promotion, but it proves that hard work pays off!"

Cons"Very fast pace environment and more resources are being added, in the meantime, we are stretched really thin."

Advice to Senior ManagementWould consider a more work/life balance for employees. Employee retention is the key to success in any department. For the Company to be able to grow, we need stability and with the turnover that's happened, it's difficult to keep up with the growth. Would like to feel more comfortable with job security in the long-term. Would like more acknowledgement/appraises from management when projects are completed.

Great Opportunity But Needs Improvement!!

Store Mansger (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsStarted working as a Customer Service Rep they bring you in at base pay of $12.02 per hour. There is a lot of opportunity for promotions in 2 years went from CSR to Assistant Store Manager, to a Store Manager. The key is being in the right store so that you can see a higher profit bonus once in management. TMX Finance is the parent company of a lot of different brands in the consumer finance industry such as Titlemax, Titlebucks, and Instaloan.

ConsThe company changes rapidly on their employees with high turnover rates on all levels for the field employees. It is rare to see tenured employees the company focus so much on performance results that they lose sight of the employees who work hard to make it happen. The company is steady hiring people to replace vacant positions that are direct result of the culture upper management brings. People consider it to be an easy credit rip off in most cases so as an employee you have to deal with the nature of the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind away to allow employees to gain trust in the Company with better job security for those who deserve it!!

Consistant Growth with Unlimited Possibilities

General Manager (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsI started my career with TMX Finance in 2009. In five years, I have advanced from an entry level Customer Service position to a Corporate Level Supervisor. TMX rewards their loyal and dedicated employees with competitive compensation that YOU control by positively affecting your store’s performance. Our company is rapidly growing, which opens the door to multiple advancement opportunities. TMX offers some benefits after completing 90 days, and then full benefits once at the Management level. In recent years, TMX Finance has implemented several Community Outreach Programs for the betterment of the Communities that our stores service. Upper Management is fully involved with store performance and maximizing profit. They continuously alter procedures and policies to better the company and improve performance. Some may see this as a con, I see this as an opportunity to grow and adapt to the ever fluctuating economy and maximize personal earnings.

ConsThe work flow varies from month to month. The rapid growth of the company has resulted in imperfections in field training; however, Upper Management is well aware and is actively implementing new procedures to avoid this in the future. Work/Life balance can be difficult while in an underperforming store; however, the right team in place, with the right attitude, would alleviate this.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication from the Corporate Offices to the Field Stores could be improved. I have seen improvement in this over the years. Continue to listen to the individual store feedback. The Field stores are a great source for practicality issues that arise from new procedures that may look better on paper than in practice.

Disappointed

GMT (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGreat people on both sides of the desk

ConsVery poor GMT training program, set you up to fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let anyone train that has not been through the ENTIRE STARS Program so they know better how to develop the candidates you assign them

Worked for TMX Finance? Contribute to the Community!