TMX Finance

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014

2.9

Tracy Young

Pros
  • The pay is good if you have a store 600,000 and up due to the bonus program (in 4 reviews)

• I recently received a promotion, but it proves that hard work pays off (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance does not exist and employees are leaving in droves (in 6 reviews)

• The company is steady hiring people to replace vacant positions that are direct result of the culture upper management brings (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Outstanding job with alot of chances for advancement even if you have never workied in this industry before.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Lagrange, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Lagrange, GA

Pros

Great Pay and good benefits as long as you perform! Time off accures as soon as you start work! This company, unlike most, do not require previous experience in this field in order to get a job here, or advance within the company

Cons

The hours that we work as a general manager can be challenging if you have younger children at home.

Great company with a lot of opportunity for those who are hungry!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Pros

TMX Finance is the best company that I have worked for in my career. It has very competitive compensation and provides a lot of opportunity for career advancement. In many large companies you are just a number and your effort is not recognized. At TMX you have a chance to make a name for yourself if you are willing to put in the effort and make it happen. If you are looking for a challenge then this is the company for you.

Cons

Change is a constant so if you can't handle that then this is not the company for you.

Continue to focus on developing the great talent that is currently in place.

Great potential for growth. Excellent work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Pros

From the time I started with TMX Finance I have had a great support team built up of supervisors and department heads that assisted in my professional development and growth. From the mentoring and coaching I received, open door policies, and the environment they have created, I knew I was in the right place. Management recognizes hard work and the individuals skill set to help not only that department but also that assist in upward movement and promotions of that individual. I would recommend this company as an employer to any of my friends, counterparts, and peers.

Cons

I have read different cons such as "Performance Based Environment" I would agree that it is performance based but not as a con.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Athens, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Athens, GA

Pros

Pay environment people flexibly to control your pay

Cons

Staying till 730, customers service demanding emails

I think you should Garrish to show we mean business

Competitive salary, great work environment, nice co-workers! Can't ask for anything better!

Current Employee - Senior IT Support Engineer  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Senior IT Support Engineer in Carrollton, TX

Pros

After having been with the company for six months, I've seen more acknowledgement and incentive for hard work than any company I've ever worked for! TMX has always stated that they hire the "best of the best" talent, and they will invest top dollar to ensure that happens. It's a "work hard, play hard" friendly environment with a truck load of positive change and growth. Take it from me; if you push yourself, you will move up in this company! I'm already enjoying a promotion with a pay raise, tons of great feedback, and even a company-wide award! If you're looking for a great place to work with unbelievable chances for upward mobility, then APPLY!

Cons

It is a constantly changing environment and VERY quickly growing company, and for some, it might lead them right out the door in spite of their talent and potential. That's the name of the game right now - adapt, or be left out. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing, but every once in a while, the gap left by that departing person can be a little unnerving... For the money and resources (which have dramatically improved just in the past few months) that they're investing in you, it's in your best interest to perform. It's actually a pretty simple concept that can be quite rewarding!

Keep the open, family-minded, and upbeat attitudes going! Communication is also VERY important! Our production is a direct result of how you treat us, so please, keep that positive morale flowing!

Hands down the best company to work for!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

I came into this company with knowledge of the industry, but had a hard time getting used to the way TMX did things. The management I dealt with was absolutely amazing in providing the training I needed to adjust. I have never worked for a company where my coworkers felt just like family. We brought each other food, made jokes, laughed with each other, and still got the job done! Everyone at this company really loves their job, and it shows in the quality of their work! I must say I was so sad to leave this company, but I had to move back to my hometown and leave my Florida team/friends behind.

Cons

At times you may work longer than your scheduled time to leave.

My advice to upper management... Keep up the good work, you guys are awesome!

TMX is THE Premier Employer

Pros

TMX offers the chance to grow professionally and personally. Upper level management motivates, encourages, and rewards. The corporate culture is extremely metrics driven, collaborative, and the importance of work/life balance is recognized. Competitive compensation and benefits packages.

Cons

Challenges in the midst of steady growth are common - employees MUST be flexible and ready to roll with the punches.

Consistency between SVP/VP/Director/Management

Ok place to work, definitely micromanaged.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Decatur, AL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Decatur, AL

Pros

Decent compensation, quick career advancement.

Cons

High turn-over, no regard for personal life.

Relax!!

Best job I've ever had! Great co-workers and great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Pros

TMX Finance is easily the best place I've ever worked. Our Company promotes a healthy work-life balance. We're always looking for ways to streamline processes and to improve in general. Senior leadership encourages all of our employees to communicate their feedback and it is taken seriously. If you come across a challenge, management is always there with suggestions. There's a pretty across-the-board open door policy with any of our executives. We are also paid VERY well as long as we perform. The bonus packages are outstanding. Very lucrative compensation for performers! Employees are not just co-workers - they are like family. We have many special events outside of work hours that encourage team-building and help build/maintain work relationships.

Cons

We're almost too busy to take our PTO. Benefits could improve but they actually have every year for the past 4 years!

It would be nice to have more "forums" with the senior leadership team to describe the direction the company is headed. We all know we're growing, but the specific direction and initiatives would probably be better received and more motivating coming from the executive team.

Lots of Opportunities

Pros

I love the people I work with and how much I've grown since coming to work here. I've been promoted several times in a mere year, and have learned so much about many different aspects of the business and the business world in general. They definitely try to encourage healthy competition to help you do your best so you ultimately help the company grow, too. Super fast-paced so it's always exciting and fun.

Cons

Paid time off -- not the worst, but could be better. Having to overcome the negativity surrounding the industry makes it difficult to be proud of your job sometimes, but once you explain the company's goal to help people

Continue to develop your people and work to train them well. Promote an open environment where people can voice their opinions and feel that they matter.

Worked for TMX Finance? Contribute to the Community!