TMX Finance Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Tracy Young

Pros
  • The management is very flexible with helping you maintain a good work/ life balance as well (in 12 reviews)

• Good pay, can check email by phone for all IT employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible work / life balance you are expected to work 10 or more hours per day if manager (in 11 reviews)

• Horrible schedule, no work/life balance, can be fired for no reason (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Being a TMX Finance Employee

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy waking up and going to work everyday because not only is the environment awesome, the people are too. I have been with the company for less than one year and have felt like I have grown with them, as we open multiple stores on a monthly basis. It feels like everyone wants you to strive with them, I have already gotten 2 promotions!

Cons

I do not really have anything negative to say regarding TMX Finance. The company is growing and wants you to grow with them, which is such a positive environment!

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

2. Outstanding Career Opportunity for hard working dedicated people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TMX Finance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding organization with endless opportunities! Leadership is focused, passionate, and driven! This is a great place to learn and grow. Plenty of opportunity for advancement at every level.

Cons

Very few! Solid benefits, balanced hours of operation, and clear objectives make it difficult to find many cons. I would say the organization could improve the STD benefits.

Advice to Management

Continue to strategize and find ways to maximize development!

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to ... More

3. General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at TMX Finance (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to train for several weeks in order to learn more about Title Lending

Cons

Little room for advancement within same area

5. ACV Supervisor II

Current Employee - ACV Supervisor in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - ACV Supervisor in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has rapid growth and there's great opportunities for professional growth. Company work culture is diverse and team oriented. They also offer good benefits and competitive salaries. I began my career as a GMT (General Manager in Training). I graduated in three months then assigned a store. Within three months I got promoted to a bigger store and later offered an opportunity to work at the corporate headquarters. I was there for three months, and than I got promoted again. I've been with the company for a little more than two years and I've been promoted more than twice. I've also experienced significant salary increase. Overall...I'm very happy!

Cons

Company is constantly evolving and is challenged by changes that at times can be difficult for others to embrace.

Advice to Management

Keeping up with company growth requires vigorous training and effective communication. Continue investing in training and development. Knowledge and skills development is vital to the health of the company.

6. Resume builder and great learning

Current Employee - General Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast growing company with constant availability of advancement for top performers. Good pay and straight line of communication to supervisors

Cons

Lot of hours (60+ not uncommon), very poor work/life balance, Stores are constantly understaffed so that salaried employees have to work the extra time to cover as hourly employees are not allowed to accrue overtime.

Advice to Management

Focus more on customer service and retention and less on making the most return on each individual customer. Current loan practices are constantly pushing customers away.

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and ... More

7. Claims Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great core team, support within team, no dealing with the general public, good location, INL leadership does seem to care

Cons

No room for advancement, no regular salary increases, company is small enough that there do not have to be reasons for decisions made other that they felt like it.

Advice to Management

Keep promises once they are made. Value the team and show it.

8. Overall Great Work Experience

Current Employee - General Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Bonuses paid on a monthly basis PTO Accrual provides ample time to spend with family

Cons

Short staff locations reduces productivity of management expectations Working on Saturdays - GM should be Monday-Friday position, as this is the peak of business, only if Saturday falls on 15th or last day should a GM have to work. Evaluation should have more weight on overall employee rather than the performance of store. The economy is constantly changing, and with the market being saturated with 20+ stores in one city, YOY expectations are not realistic.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Listen to the opinions they have to offer. When we feel our opinion and hard work is valued, you can expect greater results will be seen.

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

Ok job

Current Employee - General Manager in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Macon, GA

Pros

Possibility to get paid big if your willing to sacrifice your family. Pays the bills kind of job. Not a job you want to retire at or can retire at.

Cons

They expect you to spend your own money to market there business. Also wants you to work from 7:30am to 7:30pm every day.

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

10. former employee!!!

I worked at TMX Finance full-time

Pros

Good pay and friendly work environment.

Cons

Doing inventory on cars and chasing some accounts.

Thanks so much for leaving a Company review on GlassDoor.

11. Change your life for the better!

Current Employee - District Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TMX Finance (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is excellent The benefits are great and affordabe Company believes strongly in internal talent development, leading to internal promotions Work/life balance

Cons

Not one comes to mind at the moment

Advice to Management

I found the position on indeed and had never heard of the company before. I applied right away and then started researching. When I googled the company, Glassdoor popped up on top. After reading the reviews I was a little concerned. I had asked my recruiter about the reviews and she ensured me that most of them were older and they had worked hard to address any concrens that may have been noted. I was still excited about the position and took the Job. From the first contact/interview, I started my first day of training 8 days later. I was hired as a GM and took over my own store 6 days after my training ended. I am a high performer and within 2 months I had my store turned around for the better. They then promoted me to a store twice the size. I soon became a trainer where they sent me to Savannah Georgia to further develop my skills. I trained managers for 4 different states, including district and regional managers. Shortly after my two year anniversary, I was promoted to District Manager of the San Diego Market. Coming to this company was the BEST decision I ever made. It changed my life. Thank you TMX Finance!

RSS Feed </> Embed