TMX Finance Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014

2.9

Tracy Young

Pros
  • The pay is good if you have a store 600,000 and up due to the bonus program (in 4 reviews)

• I recently received a promotion, but it proves that hard work pays off (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance does not exist and employees are leaving in droves (in 6 reviews)

• The company is steady hiring people to replace vacant positions that are direct result of the culture upper management brings (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't walk away from this company, RUN!

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TMX Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation is the only pro

Cons

Upper management rules by fear and intimidation
    No work life balance
    Employee turnover rate in 2011 was 66%...in 2013 dropped to 42%
    Upper management is allowed to treat employees poorly
    Policies change sometimes daily
    Don't be surprised if your store has rodents, roaches, etc and upper management doesn't want to pay for extermination.
    Upper Management will give you 90 days to turn around your business. If you cannot do it, you are replaced.

If you treat your employees with respect and dignity, you will actually keep the good ones.

Willing to put in the work, you WILL be rewarded!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time

Pros

The corporate culture is the best I've ever been around! Management actually cares about the employees and go often times above and beyond what is expected to ensure success. Hard work is surely rewarded not only monetarily but with monthly awards and appreciation of team members and upper management. The mentality is definitely "Work hard, play hard".

Cons

There is always new information being disseminated. The perfect candidate would need to make sure they have a strong sense of organization and is able to process the onslaught of information that is continuously coming at you.

DM

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

None but savannah was nice and the corp team seemed like they cared

Cons

The training is terrible. They over promise everything and zero communication.

Communicate and appreciate your people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Realistic growth opportunity in a great business model.

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being formerly self-employed, becoming a General Manger of a store felt like being the owner of my own business without the stress of overhead and daily expenses. I've always had management support with ideas to expand my business and income. I've been promoted to District Manager and continue to have the same support from above while providing the support to the stores that got me where I am.

Cons

Is this the easiest job? No. You have to challenge yourself to expand your knowledge in the business and have the drive to make it happen. We are growing rapidly which means growth opportunity, but also growing pains. Fight through, it’s been well worth it.

This company is very good because of the people, let's make it great with continued focus on the stores and the teams.

Outstanding job with alot of chances for advancement even if you have never workied in this industry before.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Lagrange, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Lagrange, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Pay and good benefits as long as you perform! Time off accures as soon as you start work! This company, unlike most, do not require previous experience in this field in order to get a job here, or advance within the company

Cons

The hours that we work as a general manager can be challenging if you have younger children at home.

Wow a lot of fake reviews here

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Carrollton, TX

I worked at TMX Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, can check email by phone for all IT employees

Cons

No job security, too much politics, no subject matter experts, no formal performance evaluation so can be promoted and fired on a whim, struggle for power among c level executives for example chief accountant can fire a lead IT developer and VP and CIO can not do anything.

I personally know that more than 50% of the IT employees are feeling as if they made a bad decision coming to TMX. Those with H1b are stuck their.

Tracy needs to announce his employee retention policy. Example, he needs to say that firing of the IT employees will be done only 1 time in a year. That time all management approved firings will occur, other time of the months the survivors will work stress free. In this way good employees will stay. I have seen other companies do that . December could be firing month, come January you start evaluating employees and give them ample time to perform well and gain knowledge, and if someone is not performing change their assignment without firing, wait till firing time comes back for the next round before firing them.

Great potential for growth. Excellent work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the time I started with TMX Finance I have had a great support team built up of supervisors and department heads that assisted in my professional development and growth. From the mentoring and coaching I received, open door policies, and the environment they have created, I knew I was in the right place. Management recognizes hard work and the individuals skill set to help not only that department but also that assist in upward movement and promotions of that individual. I would recommend this company as an employer to any of my friends, counterparts, and peers.

Cons

I have read different cons such as "Performance Based Environment" I would agree that it is performance based but not as a con.

A great place to work

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Athens, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Athens, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay environment people flexibly to control your pay

Cons

Staying till 730, customers service demanding emails

I think you should Garrish to show we mean business

Great company with a lot of opportunity for those who are hungry!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TMX Finance is the best company that I have worked for in my career. It has very competitive compensation and provides a lot of opportunity for career advancement. In many large companies you are just a number and your effort is not recognized. At TMX you have a chance to make a name for yourself if you are willing to put in the effort and make it happen. If you are looking for a challenge then this is the company for you.

Cons

Change is a constant so if you can't handle that then this is not the company for you.

Continue to focus on developing the great talent that is currently in place.

Roller Coaster ride

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall, it's kind of hard to say some good things about the company.

Cons

No real training. Your trainer has too much pressure and a "plate full" to worry about proper training of new employees. No work-life balance. What I was told during my interview was far from actuality. No job security.

The majority of evaluations are subjective not objective. Take care of some of the people in your smaller offices. In some areas there is negative stigma and you have employees trying to change that impression. You already have been given the advice about training.

Worked for TMX Finance? Contribute to the Community!