TMX Finance Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Tracy Young

Pros
  • The management is very flexible with helping you maintain a good work/ life balance as well (in 12 reviews)

• Good pay, can check email by phone for all IT employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible work / life balance you are expected to work 10 or more hours per day if manager (in 11 reviews)

• Horrible schedule, no work/life balance, can be fired for no reason (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Being a TMX Finance Employee

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy waking up and going to work everyday because not only is the environment awesome, the people are too. I have been with the company for less than one year and have felt like I have grown with them, as we open multiple stores on a monthly basis. It feels like everyone wants you to strive with them, I have already gotten 2 promotions!

Cons

I do not really have anything negative to say regarding TMX Finance. The company is growing and wants you to grow with them, which is such a positive environment!

2. Java Software Engineer

Current Employee - Java Software Engineer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Java Software Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Better flexibility in trying out new technologies and tools. Management is effective

Cons

Strict work hours. A bit more work than traditional IT companies

3. great pay

I have been working at TMX Finance

Pros

great pay plan if your in a large store

Cons

pay will suffer if you are in a small store

5. CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance

Pros

Easy and laid back. Great way to learn customer service.

Cons

No raises available for CSR

Advice to Management

None at all

6. District Manager

Former Employee - District Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Hours Great People Great Training

Cons

Turn over is way to high! Focus on developing and supporting employees rather than replacing them every 6 months.

Advice to Management

Get out and talk to the people in your stores show that you care. Focus on development of your current people and not on replacing them every 6 months.

7. General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager in East Point, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in East Point, GA

I worked at TMX Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The starting salary plus supplemental bonus was impressive. The virtual training as well as hands on was beneficial. The onboarding process was smooth and very professional. The recruiter did a great job and selling the company. The sad part is that its nothing like what was offered at the time of recruiting.

Cons

The training as it is laid out in the modules/videos is not what is being practiced in the branches. Therefore, you spend 60 days in an unrealistic setting so when placed in other branches to assist there is a lot of confusion. My District Manager requested that I sign off on training that I never received. Even after being told that I would not be placed in a high crime area when I got my store, to no avail I was placed in a store that was broken into 2 times in a 3 week period. Lastly, when I requested a transfer due to fear of my safety, it was put on the back burner until 2 weeks later when I was asked to type a letter stating that I would like to step down from my position. So instead I chose to resign.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be aware of the actions of the people they choose to put in place to develop and mentor the future leaders of this company. No amount of money is worth the health and safety of your employees. In order to eliminate the high turn over within this company, the District Managers should beheld accountable for their actions and lack thereof. In the beginning, I felt like this was the best choice for my future. But after interacting and working under a man that has no leadership or interpersonal skills, he left me with no choice but to resign after only being in my store for 5 weeks.

All you need to know...

Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

...is that these 5 and 4 star reviews are fake. Corporate sends out a survey to new employees (less than 30 days) and then takes their answers and publishes them here. No one ever says bad things about the company on those surveys because they aren't anonymous surveys! What idiot would turn in a survey to corporate and say "this place is awful?" no one! So listen to me when I tell you- IGNORE THE 4 AND 5 STAR REVIEWS. Or, don't believe me and take this awful job. Then when you get your survey from corporate, you'll know that I was telling you the TRUTH.

Cons

TitleMax lies. They lie to recruits, they lie to their employees, and they lie to their customers. So if you're cool with working for a bunch of evil liars, then step right up. We've saved you a seat in the front row of the Freakshow. Everything--- EVERYTHING--- TitleMax will tell you is a lie. Except maybe for the closed on Sunday part. For everything else, bring your boots because the BS is waist deep in this crap hole.

Advice to Management

Good grief just look around at how miserable everyone is.

Exhausting!

Current Employee - ASM in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - ASM in Memphis, TN

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traveling is a plus for me and being away from the office touring the city is a perk!

Cons

Extremely long work hours with unbalanced work and family life; this position requires a lot of driving in your own car; cabdriver!

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees ideas of how to better shape their store; you'll retain more employees if you didn't devalue their opinion and always look for who to blame when numbers are low.

Store Manager

I worked at TMX Finance

Pros

Depending on who was your Gm was awesome fun office enviorment

Cons

Rm's and Dm's try to sell you the perfect dream of bonusing and making an extra $7,000 a month in just bonuses. Dm's and upper management complaining about growth but take store employees out of thier locations to help out other store who are short staffed.... And why are we short staffed because your job gets threatened almost every other day. They want you to grow your office and Market and do field work but youre constantly helping out another store. Then get yelled at because your store is not in line with the company standards. SM's always have to close and you never have a work life balance WORST COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR

Advice to Management

Be consistant with policies One Dm says this but policy says this but the DM wants it this way but the policy says do it this way. NEVER SELL THE DREAM THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH

Unreasonable "goals", extreme turnover.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only positive experiences I've had in my year with TMX have been with my own direct reports. I've met some good young people. Anyone who has been with the company an extended period of time is already jaded, and likely in self preservation mode.

Cons

The pay is nowhere near what they set you up to expect, unless you land in a $2m+ store. The company will actively try to prevent you from receiving any kind of benefits (was denied healthcare because of a technical issue that was their fault, was threatened with termination when I needed 3 days pto because I was sick, have been denied requests for vacation multiple times) The company has a culture of scapegoat management rather than actually developing people (in my district of 10 stores, there have been 9 new GM's in the past 11 months and 13 new SM's.) Every month I'm asked to submit a budget, our KPI goals. Every month I send in reasonable figures, and am told that they are not good enough. I'm forced to raise goals above an unreasonable standard, and then held responsible when the goals aren't met. I live in constant fear of termination, even though by every metric we have I am the highest ranked person in my position within my district. My direct supervisor will regularly score me as "needs improvement" in various areas of my evaluation, but never discuss with me the reasons why. The areas he says I need to improve are typically areas he has been faulted for being poor in. This past month I was marked as needs improvement (with no explanation) in leadership, even though my only direct report is considered to be excelling and ready to be promoted. The company's primary motivation to its employees is fear. They offer very little in the way of personal growth, and will eliminate you if your superior can't find any other scapegoat for their own issues. GM's expected to work 68+ hours when performance doesn't meet the already unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Try to develop people rather than just fire them.

RSS Feed </> Embed