TMX Finance

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tracy Young

Pros
  • The pay is good if you have a store 600,000 and up due to the bonus program (in 4 reviews)

• I recently received a promotion, but it proves that hard work pays off (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance does not exist and employees are leaving in droves (in 6 reviews)

• The company is steady hiring people to replace vacant positions that are direct result of the culture upper management brings (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Glad I made the switch

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsGreat work environment with great people. I have fun every day I come to work. Coming from the restuarant business, the hours are much better as well. TMX has the same great benefits as other large corporations. I love all the growth and opportunities with the company as well. It's a great place to get in, show them what you can do, and move up.

ConsWith the fast pace of our growth it is difficult to keep up with at times. The direction from corporate out to the stores doesn't always make it all the way down. It's a fun challenge though and I see the process getting better and better every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing, keep going after good people that like to work hard.

If you want to build or grow your career and set your own pace for acheivements, this is the place to be.

Learning and Development Professional (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsHighly competitive salaries, good hours promote work-life balance, competitive and fast paced environment, company is growing at an exciting rate and is extremely successful with its target market. I work with an amazing and talented team of professionals and enjoy coming to work every day.

Consbenefits and vacation time are slightly below average in the financial industry; the pace can be overwhelmingly fast for some

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee-level satisfaction ratings and results to enhance the corporate culture.

The Most Disorganized Organization

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEasy application process. Work isn't challenging.

ConsHard to meet profit goals when there is a TMX on every street. When profit goals aren't met you are threatened with either being demoted or fired from your position. Raises are only given when promoted to another position and not annually. No work/life balance. You will be called on your off day to cover for other locations with little to no notice. Vacation requests made more than a month in advance will still be denied. You will have to work multiple Saturdays if your location is short staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen the store numbers are great upper management will return phone calls and emails quickly. When the store numbers aren't meeting profit goals that store is ignored. Give employees time to learn and master the numerous changes made weekly. Follow the corporate policy that all employees are told to learn.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TMX Finance has given me opportunities I'd never have received anywhere else.

ProsOne of the best aspects of working at TMX is the growth of the company which opens many doors as new depts. are built out and new roles are created. The company has also been aggressive about trying new technologies and isn't afraid to invest in future resources. Also, at the corporate office the culture amongst employees is great! I just ran into someone from another dept. on the street and they stopped to congratulate me on a recent promotion. Everyone is excited to be here and there is a lot of camaraderie and energy. We even have an annual kickball tournament which is a blast!

ConsWe're continuously expanding current product lines and developing new products. Sometimes you invest a lot of time in an initiative only to have it change course suddenly or you realize perhaps we need to iron out processes and procedures that could have been tested further on the front end. If you don't like change, this isn't the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to assess the company and its key strengths. Look at what we can accomplish in new and emerging sectors of the economy and start diversifying our brands and product lines. We have a lot of strength while other companies are struggling to turn a profit. Let's not let this head start on other firms get away from us. Think big!

Not the worst, But pretty close to it

Store Manager (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsGood benefits, Good hours, Work-Life balance is great, Pay is better than the average.

ConsNo raises no matter what you do your only raise is your promotion, Negative atmosphere always, unrealistic pressure to loan people money

Advice to Senior ManagementDont lie, Dont lie, Dont lie.

What was I thinking, the worst choice of a job in my career...

General Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe only pro was being off on Sunday

ConsI would say that they need to focus on upper level management learning people skills

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really need to do a self eval on ALL of your people and see the big picture, the turnover will never stop until you fix the problem from within.

Corporate Environment Review

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsTMX Finance has excellent leadership and knowledge from the senior management. I genuinely respect them and use their expertise to further my training and understanding of corporate finance. The company strives to hire the best employees Savannah has to offer. This means that you will be surrounded by extremely motivated and talented individuals from many different backgrounds who are all a wealth of information and training resources for a new professional. The company has clear goals and recognizes hard work and innovative ideas. The corporate office is still small enough that your voice can be heard and still flexible and proactive enough that they can implement new business practices and ideas quickly. This creates a constantly growing and changing atmosphere that provides new learning experiences and opens new career paths for more specialized employees.

ConsBecause of their high standards, they expect results. While I feel secure in my job, I know that I have to work hard for that job security. There is no room for slackers. While the company goals as a whole are clear, the company could do a better job setting more defined objectives for each department. At times this lack of clarity causes doubling of efforts. However, in my experience, this is not a unique issue to TMX Finance. These cons should not be a deterrent from working for this company. I've still rated it 5 stars because I believe this is a great company to work for and I still have a lot of room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more defined process for quarterly employee reviews could help keep the teams on track better and more collaboration between departments will increase overall corporate productivity.

Good People, Bad Company!

ProsThe CSR's, SM's and GM's are all great, hard working and dedicated people.

ConsNo advancement as promised. The income is not what is promised to new employees. Everyday you are in fear of loosing your job because out of nowhere someone gets fired. Don't make this a career choice !

One of the best, most rewarding career opportunities I have had!

Lease Negotiations Manager (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsTMX Finance is a nationwide, rapidly expanding industry leader for consumer lending. My position as Lease Negotiations Manager allows me to meet and work with people from companies all over the United States which makes negotiating fun, educational and never boring! The work is challenging, interesting, my peers and coworkers are wonderful and I am privileged to work with some of the most knowledgeable and professional people in the real estate industry. The atmosphere is energetic and casual at the same time which for me makes the perfect working environment.

ConsThe only challenge for me has been the lack of a bonus/incentive program. Most companies of this size and type offer bonus/incentive programs to their leasing staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management would be to keep growing personally and professionally and believe that success is to be found in the journey, not the destination.

Fast paced, fun environment! Opportunity is always knocking at your door!

Manager, Recruiting (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsBar none, I work with some of the best people in any company. The corporate culture rewards people for their hard work and there is plenty of opportunity for growth for performers. Great being a privately held company where we can execute and make decisions on the fly. Our CEO is a visionary and is truly invested in his people. The office atmosphere is fun the work is mentally stimulating. Location is hard to beat! TMX is a technology driven organization so you have all the "cool toys" when it comes to getting your job done.

ConsLong hours are normal so not for the person looking for just a 9-5. Not a con for me but folks should be aware.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, I'm happy!

Worked for TMX Finance? Contribute to the Community!