TMX Finance Reviews

Reset

General Manager

Former Employee - District Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - District Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TMX Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be good pay. that changed quick.

Cons

NO Work Like Balance

Advice to Management

New Managers its a good way to at least have Management on your resume otherwise I would not recommend.

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

District Manager

Former Employee - District Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Hours Great People Great Training

Cons

Turn over is way to high! Focus on developing and supporting employees rather than replacing them every 6 months.

Advice to Management

Get out and talk to the people in your stores show that you care. Focus on development of your current people and not on replacing them every 6 months.

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

3. General Manager/District Sales Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petersburg, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petersburg, VA

I worked at TMX Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Sales training is great!!

Cons

inconsistent in following the procedures and up management not on the same page.

Advice to Management

same the same thing do the same thing and to make sure your employees know that you have there best interest at heart.

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

Thanks so much for leaving a Company review on GlassDoor.

Stagnant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent hours and Sunday's off, although the expectation of having to only work up to 48hrs a week can be debatable.

Cons

Silos and a huge disconnect between the field and corporate headquarters. Headquarters wants to run the company as an employee involved corporation, but in reality it seems as if it doesn't a clue what really happens in the field. Most mid-level management seems to come from a very sales heavy retail background. To take this company to the next level they need to reduce the purely sales driven management style and focus equally on running a cohesive and communicative operational environment.

Advice to Management

You want to visually legitimize this business to the consumer? Then spend more money on your look, don't understaff, and allow your store management to spend more time on building an image and customer base rather than instill a fear based culture on achieving unrealistic goals. Offer more products: What other business/store only offers one product these days?

Sep 1, 2015 – Recruiting Operations Manager

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

I work at the corporate office in Carrollton, TX...

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. My dept. offers flex time 2. I started earning PTO on my first paycheck 3. I work with a great group of people

Cons

1. Their health insurance is expensive even if you choose a plan with a high deductible 2. I've seen seven people fired in eight months 3. Colleagues who've been with the company over a year haven't received a raise or had a review yet 4. You will lose your unused PTO if you quit or get fired 5. People who quit or get fired aren't replaced and you have to take on additional duties 6. There are cameras through out the office and the breakroom 7. My colleague went to mgmt. to complain about something and was fired a week later

7. Assistant manager

Current Employee - ~ Assistant Store Manager ~ in Lancaster, SC
    Current Employee - ~ Assistant Store Manager ~ in Lancaster, SC

I have been working at TMX Finance (Less than a year)

Pros

Good experience to put on resume

Cons

They don't care about their employees

Advice to Management

Seek more the need of employees and more work would get done

Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TMX Finance has been an incredible place to work. Not only are the people amazing to work with, the hours, the benefits, and the pleasure to work in downtown Savannah, GA everyday makes this the best job ever! There is always potential to move up, I have been promoted within my first year with the company and see promotions happening every day! We work hard, and we play hard--and we get rewarded for it!

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about this company. The management is constantly asking for employee input and they make sure you have defined career goals to get use where we want to be with the company!

Advice to Management

Amazing management! From managers all the way up to Executive level, TMX really embodies world class leadership!

9. General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at TMX Finance full-time

Pros

Good pay, good bonus, you learn a lot about this industry, a lot of exposure.

Cons

Very long hours, too much micromanaging, this is a vey stressful job, you sacrifice a lot of personal time for this job as General Manager. A lot of turn around in this company, they try to compensate with pay but after a while you realize it's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging so so much! If you hire a good General Manager and is running a well balance business then they should be trusted. Consider having everyone working as a team rather than competing with one another constantly on a daily basis.

10. Store manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Buckeye, AZ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Buckeye, AZ

I worked at TMX Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the fact we had personal time off and worked every other weekend gave us time with our family

Cons

Its hard to climb later to get promoted

Advice to Management

Give everyone an equal chance to move up.

All you need to know...

Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

...is that these 5 and 4 star reviews are fake. Corporate sends out a survey to new employees (less than 30 days) and then takes their answers and publishes them here. No one ever says bad things about the company on those surveys because they aren't anonymous surveys! What idiot would turn in a survey to corporate and say "this place is awful?" no one! So listen to me when I tell you- IGNORE THE 4 AND 5 STAR REVIEWS. Or, don't believe me and take this awful job. Then when you get your survey from corporate, you'll know that I was telling you the TRUTH.

Cons

TitleMax lies. They lie to recruits, they lie to their employees, and they lie to their customers. So if you're cool with working for a bunch of evil liars, then step right up. We've saved you a seat in the front row of the Freakshow. Everything--- EVERYTHING--- TitleMax will tell you is a lie. Except maybe for the closed on Sunday part. For everything else, bring your boots because the BS is waist deep in this crap hole.

Advice to Management

Good grief just look around at how miserable everyone is.

RSS Feed </> Embed