TMone Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Anthony Marlowe

1. Wonderful Growing company well worth the time!

Current Employee - Desktop Support in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at TMone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great people, great place! it has been a wonderful time here so far and I hope for many more memories to come!

Cons

PTO Doesn't accrue until day 91

Advice to Management

keep your ambition high and so will I!

2. Change in corporate environment after buy-out

Former Employee - Supervisor in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Iowa City, IA

I worked at TMone full-time

Pros

The founders of this company did an extraordinary job of creating a very employee friendly environment. The management took a personal interest in the employee and customer. The company had some very good federal contracts. +++Our founder and CEO Anthony Marlowe is off doing other great things for Iowa City. To bad he is allowed to continue his progressive work at TMone

Cons

This looks like the purchase was made by ERC (Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC ) for the market share. After the purchase, a large number of employees quit. This spring they are now offering a $500 sign-on bonus. They have taken to advertising on roadside yard signs. Of the number of call/contact centers in Iowa City/Coralville, ERC/TMone has won the race to the bottom. (All in the name of the quarterly profit line.) A number of hr and technical positions were "consolidated" at the ERC headquarters.

Advice to Management

Don't destroy the culture of a successful company when you acquire it. Look what makes it succeed and adopt it.

Stay away from the Waycross Ga office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waycross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waycross, GA

Pros

The coworkers are great. It's a fun environment at times. The dress code is reasonable. It's a great environment for anyone that doesn't have a family at home to take care of as well.

Cons

Supervisors do not pay you any attention, they don't answer questions, training was very minimal, they don't give you any copies of anything you sign - such as the attendance policy that states it is subject to change at any time. It is on their share point system so you have no access to it to download it from home either. So if you get fired for attendance, you have no way to back up anything because they literally change it from day to day it seems. There is absolutely NO flexibility if you have a life outside of work. For instance, God forbid your child gets sick. Even with a doctor's note, you won't get an excused absence. There's no type of advancement because they have their favorites and that's just how it is.

Advice to Management

this company really needs to get their stuff together. by law, you must provide your employees with a copy of ANYTHING they sign. I used to love working here but with these new policies and procedures that seems to change daily, it is becoming such a headache because we never know what is going on from day to day.

5. Good Company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Great training, great managers, great location, easy work.

Cons

Outbound cold calling, 8.00hr very little commission.

Advice to Management

To provide inbound call service as well as outbound.

6. An eye-opening experience

Current Employee - Account Manager in Waycross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Waycross, GA

I have been working at TMone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay considering minimal work experience required for employment, and great opportunities for advancement within the company. Upper management does a lot for anyone morally flexible (or naive) enough. Direct supervisors will actually try and throw some weight around for you if you are trying to do right. Good people working for a machine that seem like they more or less know it.

Cons

Upper management will lie in order to move you in the right direction. Spent a month working on a project before knowing what the bonus structure was going to be. Working here seems kind of chaotic; there are lots of rules, and no one enforcing them, unless you get in a superiors way or you're not making sales.

Advice to Management

Transparency - try not to be so ambiguous when you're moving in a new direction. If you have to be dishonest about anything, then it's probably not good business. Quit bowing to clients that don't have time for their customers.

7. Welcome to TMone (hell)

Current Employee - Telecommunications Agent in North Sioux City, SD
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Agent in North Sioux City, SD

I have been working at TMone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the management is decent, some of your co workers can be friendly as well (if they want to be).

Cons

First day of training, I came in and I was told my pay was getting cut from what they lead me on to believing I was making. As soon as you hit the floor, it's a mad house. There is no HR department at my site, the management doesn't care about you, and the threats and drama that get thrown around inside it's walls make it seem like a high school.

Advice to Management

Do your job right, or don't do it at all. We as employees deserve better.

8. Amazing company with hands on management!

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Iowa City, IA

Pros

Management Staff are extremely hands on with daily operations to ensure all employees are successful in their job.

Cons

PTO accrual does not start until day 91.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what is being done.

9. Great Place to Grow

Pros

Fun and fast paced place to work.

Cons

A good 401K plan would be a great addition

10. Great Place to work and grow

Current Employee - Trainer in Dakota Dunes, SD
    Current Employee - Trainer in Dakota Dunes, SD

I have been working at TMone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the work schedule Monday thru Friday 8 -5. The fast paced fun environment makes it for an enjoyable work place. We have a great time and get to work with some fantastic people.

Cons

It would be great to make a higher pay grade, as the 30K is really not a lot of money for a management position and that's where we could improve the lives of many.

Advice to Management

Can we ever get a 401K plan going? Some type of retirement program going? Also it would be great to have an education benefit to work towards improving our overall leadership and growth in the complany

11. TMone is the best!

Current Employee - Computer Geek in Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Computer Geek in Iowa City, IA

Pros

Friendly environment, Professional Staff, Great Benefits, Great Pay

Cons

There are no cons so I will have to type random words so that I can fulfill the twenty word minimum that the website asks for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed