TNB

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dato' Ir. Azman Mohd

internship at tnb distribution

Electrical Engineering (Current Employee) Jerantut (Malaysia)

ProsTo apply the knowledge that I have accumulated from the experience and training offered in our school, to achieve advanced skills regarding new technologies applied in our industry, and to acquire knowledge about the position to be applied for.

ConsI have to work efficiently to increase productivity and preserve the reputation of the company, besides that I have to be good at adapting to a challenging work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor me, the management must provide training to new employees like me to enable work to be done more smoothly and efficiently.

TNB

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits - though has been reduced, it still offers competitive benefits compared to peer companies. Offers job security and able to achieve a work-life balance

ConsHuge organisation, promotion can be slow and recognition may not been accorded appropriately. Red tapes within the company may lead to inefficiencies

Career progression

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsGreat place to gain knowledge and experience if you are willing to go out of your way and look for it.

ConsPoor career progression. Poor human resource planning. Pay could be better. Sometimes the work environment can get bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan your human resource better and encourage career growth and progression.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Relaxing work environment, Professional training only for a few employees

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

ProsWork life balance is alright, good medical benefits, flexi hours being practised, those who like to settle in their own comfort zone this is a good company to start with

ConsSalary is not competitive, Quite silo'd in the departments, lack of human capital development, HR is slow and rigid in implementing innovative approach to promote productivity and efficiencies of the personnel. For example, flexi hours being practised recently only came about after government agencies have practised them. Senior management always based their justifications much on past experience, expect the young employees to follow in their footsteps.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany's vision is not really visible and shared by everyone, (ie transformation programme), focus on human capital development, otherwise young and bright talents will go elsewhere.

Great run at TNB

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice work-life balance. Plenty of opportunities for training. Lovely holiday bungalows for rent. Good peer recognition. Able to switch off after work.

ConsSlow career growth. Relatively low salary. Lack good leaders. Contain certain bureaucracies. Regimental processes.

Reward High performers based on their real performance

Engineer (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Pros-Good place to gain electrical power experience if you take your own initiative
    -Good place to explore yourself

Cons-Flawed PMS review, KPI & competency does not reflect the real performance due to poor departmental achievement. Therefore, an individual needs to bear the same consequence even though his own unit did perform well.
    -Did not award staffs who has taken extra effort to pursue postgraduate study which will cause brain drain to the company
    -Management did not create vacancy for high performers.
    -Promotion is still based on seniority
    -bureaucracy still exists which slows down the process of mileage claim or other admin issues
    -Does not award talented staffs who are elected by professional bodies in both national or international platform to perform engineering related service/ talk/ advice to universities or corporate companies

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain top talented staffs rather than kicking them out slowly. Most importantly, be fair and just to every staff.

Valuable Knowledge

ProsValuable knowledge and expierence to be gained in relation to power systems if willing to go th extra mile.

ConsA lot of bureaucracy. Things tend to move to slow when it comes to decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssign accountability to staff and pay them accordingly

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Knowledge is Power!

Engineer (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsGreat for new engineers to gain valuable experience which cannot be found outside.

ConsToo laid back and not enough motivation to work harder for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider greater inside development compared to outsourcing to the public.

Does not have any scheme for higher qualified employee having MBA, MSc, PhD or DBA

ProsGain experience working in Malaysia national company.

ConsDoes not reward highly qualified employee with excellent academics result.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce brain drain

Excellence

ProsGreat future if you work hard and patient to gain your knowledge

Conssometimes you will feel bored with you job and sometimes you have to do some trainning that you dont like to doing it

Advice to Senior Managementstill need to improve the benifit that workers gain from TNB

Worked for TNB? Contribute to the Community!