TNG Merchandising

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Westerville, OH

I have been working at TNG Merchandising part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Exactly what I expected; lots of movement (good), self-directed (good), not-rocket-science position

Cons

I have no cons to list at this time

NA

Enjoy this job

I have been working at TNG Merchandising part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Talking to people, practically no supervision, flexible hours, the work is not bad at all if you like to do your own thing and can work independently

Cons

Limited training. No benefits for part-time

I am really loving the job

I have been working at TNG Merchandising part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    No weekends
    Ability to choose start time
    Ability to pick up additional hours

Cons

Some days are 8-10 hours while others are 1-2

Getting worse & worse

Current Employee - District Supervisor
    Current Employee - District Supervisor

I have been working at TNG Merchandising full-time

Pros

Only pro I can think of is the schedule is a bit flexable on the time you can start.

Cons

No work/life balance. Supervisors are basically required to be available to answer to emails and phone calls 7 days a week at all times of the day. It's a constant struggle to keep employees happy with the little pay, no raises, and not enough hours. District supervisors position may be salary (very low at that), but with as many hours that is put in each week you end up making less than some merchandisers hourly.

Raises for employees are a must.

PT Merchandiser

I have been working at TNG Merchandising part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working for TNG as a part time merchandiser is that as long as you get the job done on the days they want it done ( M-F) which hours you work are up to you. That leaves you open to have a life, schedule doctors appointments, etc. plus you are never late for work :-) which is a plus for me. Plus you do not have someone looking over your shoulder all the time like you do in an office environment.

Cons

The bad part is they have a cow if you go over 30 hours a week. They do not want to have to offer you health care benefits.

The only person you interact with from the company is your area manager and if you get a good one you are lucky. Mine is great. But I have heard rumors about some of the others.

You do have to do a lot of printing of planograms and unfortunately they do not reimburse you for paper or ink cartridges. It would be nice if they gave you a monthly stipend based upon how many book accounts you have. If you only do magazine accounts you do not have to do any printing.

They pay drive time for trips between accounts and if you have a fuel efficient vehicle that pays for your gas. You do a lot of prep work on the computer for your accounts and unfortunately the little bit of admin time they allow and pay you for does not begin to cover the amount of time you put in. All in all, it is an ok gig if you get the right manager and you do a good job for them. Mine is great and thanks me all the time for the good job I do.

They only pay $10 an hour so someone in your household better have a full time job and health benefits because as the sole income this would not make it.

See above.

No Support and Jerked Around

Current Employee - Merchandiser in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in San Diego, CA

I have been working at TNG Merchandising part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours so far as time of day that you go. I like the technology they use, when it works.

Cons

There's no support and insufficient training. They have nonexistent customer service that doesn't even answer the phone and when you do get through nothing happens. The supervisors are overworked and can't help. I heard they work like 10-12 hour days 7 days a week, and I know mine is really stressed out and frustrated. If you look for information yourself in the posted documents, what you need is never there and then you get in trouble for not doing what they didn't tell you how to do in the first place. You waste time and money going back to stores because they can't get the scheduled work days and deliveries right. They make impossible demands, like working a store that has inventory and they won't let you. You have to tell them you need something a hundred times before you get it, if you get it at all. The people in the stores are getting really disgusted with the so called service from this company and I get all the flack for it. You want to ask them, "What color is the sky in YOUR world?" because there's no reality in what they expect from you. I have another job that pays more and it's my priority. The way they jerk you around and make you take all this crud is getting really old and I'm looking for another job to replace this one.

#1 is get your act together on deliveries and schedules. #2 is to make information available. #3 is fix your customer service department #4 is add more supervisors or do something so people in the stores have some help and support.

Bad, Bad, Bad company to work for. They don't care about there product and they don't care about there employees.

Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at TNG Merchandising part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You don't have to purchase a uniform. You don't have someone looking over your shoulder all of the time. You can basically make your own schedule unless you have a particular store that needs to be done be a certain time before there receiver leaves for the day.

Cons

NO raises EVER!!! They do not care about there employees. It doesn't matter if you get the proper training. District supervisors are lazy and can't even do there own stores properly. No more than 20 hours a week if you are lucky. No chance in moving up in the company because, they give the management jobs to slackers so then you have to work for them and basically clean up after them because they have no clue what they are doing. Upper management doesn't care either. Don't try to call anyone they never return your calls.

It doesn't matter you won't listen anyway.

Amazing.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Ridgecrest, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Ridgecrest, CA

I have been working at TNG Merchandising part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. Nice people..willing to help you when you need.

Cons

None. Good place to start learning the ropes of working.

Great job.

Fun job

I have been working at TNG Merchandising

Pros

I really like that I am not stuck in one place all the time.

Cons

Not enough pay for time spent waiting on products to be delivered. To much waiting around makes all the work need to be done on the same days.

Get your shipping and deliveries figured out so your employees can do the job they want to do for you.

Merchandising company that doesn't interact with employees

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at TNG Merchandising part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Little interaction with management, everything is done through a phone app.

Cons

You might get 5 hours or 10 hours of work a week. You might not get paid. If they screw up and don't send you correct information you will not receive pay for the work done. They rely on a phone app to communicate and if you don't follow all the steps they will dock your pay, even if you didn't receive the correct information. For all the trouble, it's hardly worth doing 6 hours of work a week.

Don't offer employees 10 to 15 hours per week during the interview and then have them work 6 hours per week.