TNG Worldwide

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Larry Gaynor

CEO is the good, the bad and the ugly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorked at TNG for several years. Initial compensation was good for me (though it never increased). Product discount was nice. Occasional freebies. Made some good friends!

ConsRaises were put on hold due to the economy for four years. CEO was generous with bi-annual gift baskets, though truly the employees would rather have CASH! CEO had a lot of ideas and constantly changed his mind about divisions of the company to focus on. He would invest large amounts of money into a sector, launch it and if it didn't take off right away, he would lose interest and it would totally flop. He would move on to the next idea. Some ideas were successful, but the flops cost a lot of money! CEO ran the business like a "family" business in many ways. He was too familiar and often inappropriate with the mostly female staff. CEO definitely plays favorites. The company culture is like a cult.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnnual reviews (with raises if deserved), opportunity for advancement, less extra-curricular requirements and CEO needs to stop commenting on employees' lifestyle choices, weight, hair, nails, attire or appearance in general. It is NOT okay as a modern business practice.

Good experience but glad to be gone

Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsDecent work/life balance and hours. Some nice and reasonable managers and fellow employees. Nice gift basket from CEO twice yearly and occasional yearly bonuses. Occasional spirit days and company lunches.

ConsHigh turnover and unstable work environment. Little pay. No or very little raises. Little vacation and sick time. No work at home and schedule flexibility. Tense work enviornment with many challenging/unprofessional individuals to work with whose behavior is unchecked and makes work much more stressful than necessary. Unpredictability, micro-management, offensive comments and verbal abuse from CEO is pervasive. Lots of hype around a "great company culture" that doesn't really exist. Employees feel pressure to score company high on Free Press and other "best company" survey results.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay and benefits need to be better. There needs to be more flexibility in days off and true potential for advancement. Company culture and tolerated interpersonal behaviors must be improved or you'll likely end up with a lawsuit (or many) on your hands soon. Also remove extra outside of work requirements to be a 4.0 employee, such as Learning for Life (where employees must read a certain amount of books/articles and review them by a certain date quarterly to maintain good standing and be eligible for possible yearly bonus).

A fine organization with a terrible CEO

ProsDecent pay, normal work hours

ConsThe number 1 goal is to not make the boss mad. This culture is deeply embedded into the companies DNA and causes about 50% turnover each year. Avoid at all costs

Advice to Senior ManagementStep down and let someone "normal" run the business. You will be much better positioned for success.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

nice place to get experience - bad pay, horrible CEO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI've made some life long friendships working here. When business picked up after 4 years of working there, you do get nice bonuses and gifts at the quarterly meetings. discounts on products.

ConsThe CEO is out of his mind. He is rude, immature and unprofessional. The salary is horrible. I worked there for over 4 years, took on more responsibilities then i was hired in to do when people quit or got fired, and i didn't get one raise. there really isn't room for advancement in any dept.

Buyers Beware

Buyer (Former Employee)

ProsDiscount on products, nice co-workers

ConsNo work-life balance, CEO backlash

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all of the required extras that make workers a 4.0 player. Namely the community points and the learning for life points. After working 45-50 hours per week, it is silly that you still have to go home to do more work to maintain raises or bonuses that really don't impact the company.

Surprised they are still in business!

Warehouse (Former Employee) New Hudson, MI

ProsMost, not all, of the staff is fun and friendly

ConsToo many to list. But the biggest problem is that upper and middle management treats their employees like uneducated 4 year olds! There is absolutely no room for advancement, etc...

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running the company like it is modern day North Korea!

I Have No Words!

Buyer (Former Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsFun product, and most of the vendors were super nice and friendly. Lot's of free product. Laid back office atmosphere. Decent Pay.

ConsOwner of company treated our department like dirt, and everyone was shakin' in their boots at the very mention of his name. Very negative atmosphere. Training was non existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little positivity goes a long way. I would suggest a training program. One day of training is not enough.

Good and productive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork life benefits were very good. Benefits were fair and reasonable.Communication was directed as everyone in the company all the time.

Consenvironment was not the best as buiding needed repairs. Capitalization of business was not the top priority, but that could easily change in the future

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice that I can share here. But they have always listened to employees feed back and comments.

Seriously?

Associate (Former Employee)

ProsA slight discount on products.

ConsThe pay is low, no advancement, and the management treats you like a bad teenager.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrate employee suggestions and concerns.

Worked for TNG Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!