TNG Worldwide Reviews

Larry Gaynor

Logistics Specialist

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Wixom, MI
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Wixom, MI

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, especially management. They really care about employees and keeping morale high. Lots of little perks like barbecues, prizes and fun things.

Cons

Pay is low although slightly higher to start than comparative companies. Work itself gets pretty monotonous quickly. Very hot in the summer.

2. Great people, questionable culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hudson, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hudson, MI

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good hours, no weekends except for occasional meetings, end of year bonuses and goodies. A lot of great people- but a handful of bad apples in management make it unbearable.

Cons

If you want to qualify for a bonus or pay increase you MUST participate in community events and learning for life- even though it has nothing to do with your performance. Sometimes even if you do participate in everything- your "Rebel Rating" will be lowered for no good reason by HR. When people leave the company- usually their jobs are eliminated and the work gets piled on to another hourly employee with little to no pay increase.

Some great people, CEO is inappropriate

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made some great friends there and management was generous with gifts during the holidays. Got lots of cool free stuff and the store discount was nice.

Cons

CEO was constantly making inappropriate comments about women. He seemed not to realize that in a professional environment, it's unacceptable to ask women why they've gained weight, insinuate they would be a "fat" pregnant woman, insist they wear more mascara or inquire as to why they haven't been going to the gym. Although I liked my job, there was poor work-life balance and forced extra-curricular activities determined bonuses and recognition. I often felt like I was in a cult with a highly tense atmosphere. If you didn't act like you loved everything management said or did all the time, you were painted as negative or a complainer.

Advice to Management

Make some real changes at the highest levels of the company. Objectifying women in the workplace and then hiding behind the fact that it's a professional beauty supplier is still harassment. Do away with the mandatory outside of work activities and forced attendance at Saturday quarterly meetings and nonprofit events. People can feel connected to their job and colleagues without being intimidated into doing so.

5. Skip this place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met a really nice person there that I'm still friends with to this day.

Cons

Constant change, redirection, poor managment

Not good at all

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Columbus, IN

I worked at TNG Worldwide part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, able to work alone, pretty good work/ life balance.

Cons

Came to work after tng took over source interlink. Was promised 10.00 hr sine I was grandfathered in. Worked almost 5 weeks until I got a paycheck. Bosses kept promising check was in the mail..finally found out I was never put in payroll system. Then received 3 small checks at 8.66 hr. And was asked to keep working. They never corrected my pay, finally had to call indiana labor board. I don't think anyone works for free...but they expected me to, and drive to all areas with no gas money. Tng is a joke in my opinion. Not a good way to keep an employee that worked on a moments notice and filled in every time asked. I was never trained on new jobs that were sent in with orders...audits, displays etc

Advice to Management

Don't pass the buck, answer employee questions, pay your employees for work.

TNG Worldwide Response

Mar 13, 2015 – VP, HR

We can certainly understand your frustration, but must point out that you've posted this for the wrong company. There is a TNG in retail services who may or may not have a location in Columbus, IN ... More

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Receiving Lead in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Receiving Lead in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I worked at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Manager in California Warehouse.

Cons

Lack of communication from corporate Headquarters.

Advice to Management

Better communication

8. CEO is the good, the bad and the ugly

Pros

Worked at TNG for several years. Initial compensation was good for me (though it never increased). Product discount was nice. Occasional freebies. Made some good friends!

Cons

Raises were put on hold due to the economy for four years. CEO was generous with bi-annual gift baskets, though truly the employees would rather have CASH! CEO had a lot of ideas and constantly changed his mind about divisions of the company to focus on. He would invest large amounts of money into a sector, launch it and if it didn't take off right away, he would lose interest and it would totally flop. He would move on to the next idea. Some ideas were successful, but the flops cost a lot of money! CEO ran the business like a "family" business in many ways. He was too familiar and often inappropriate with the mostly female staff. CEO definitely plays favorites. The company culture is like a cult.

Advice to Management

Annual reviews (with raises if deserved), opportunity for advancement, less extra-curricular requirements and CEO needs to stop commenting on employees' lifestyle choices, weight, hair, nails, attire or appearance in general. It is NOT okay as a modern business practice.

9. Worst CEO in history

Current Employee - Warehouse Lead in New Hudson, MI
    Current Employee - Warehouse Lead in New Hudson, MI

I have been working at TNG Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A slight discount on products and a lot of free discontinued items. Most employees bonded in response to horrible management.

Cons

The CEO is a Howard Stern look alike. He treats people including his wife like crap. Being laid off was not a bad thing at all. You still think that song was HUGE Gary in receiving. Sorry for the private joke.

Advice to Management

Treat your Talent with respect not just the good looking girls. Drop your STUPID points rating and treat the people like individuals.

10. A fine organization with a terrible CEO

I have been working at TNG Worldwide full-time

Pros

Decent pay, normal work hours

Cons

The number 1 goal is to not make the boss mad. This culture is deeply embedded into the companies DNA and causes about 50% turnover each year. Avoid at all costs

Advice to Management

Step down and let someone "normal" run the business. You will be much better positioned for success.

11. Good experience but glad to be gone

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at TNG Worldwide full-time

Pros

Decent work/life balance and hours. Some nice and reasonable managers and fellow employees. Nice gift basket from CEO twice yearly and occasional yearly bonuses. Occasional spirit days and company lunches.

Cons

High turnover and unstable work environment. Little pay. No or very little raises. Little vacation and sick time. No work at home and schedule flexibility. Tense work enviornment with many challenging/unprofessional individuals to work with whose behavior is unchecked and makes work much more stressful than necessary. Unpredictability, micro-management, offensive comments and verbal abuse from CEO is pervasive. Lots of hype around a "great company culture" that doesn't really exist. Employees feel pressure to score company high on Free Press and other "best company" survey results.

Advice to Management

Pay and benefits need to be better. There needs to be more flexibility in days off and true potential for advancement. Company culture and tolerated interpersonal behaviors must be improved or you'll likely end up with a lawsuit (or many) on your hands soon. Also remove extra outside of work requirements to be a 4.0 employee, such as Learning for Life (where employees must read a certain amount of books/articles and review them by a certain date quarterly to maintain good standing and be eligible for possible yearly bonus).

RSS Feed </> Embed