TOLMAR Reviews

CEO

1. Internship program is great

Current Employee - IT Intern in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - IT Intern in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR (More than a year)

Pros

intern almost anywhere you want, in depth, doing real work

Cons

not really anything to report in terms of cons

It's a paycheck.

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Friendly hard working employees. Job security. Great gate way to learn new skills. Opportunities for advancement within the company.

Cons

Pay is well below industry standards in the area. If you are not liked, you will be shown out the door, despite how well you work. Poor lower management and supervision. Many people simply stay because, like my title says "it's a pay check." Many employees I know are trying to get out. I have a few years of watching problems get swept under the rug here, then watching the company react when these problems arise to bite them in the rear.

Advice to Management

Did I mention management sucks. Listen to your employees. Believe it or not they know what's going on and can provide valuable input. Especially those on the manufacturing floor. They are the ones that see what's actually going on.

3. Good people and relaxed environment

I worked at TOLMAR

Pros

Very friendly people, willing to assist with anything I needed. Employees are highly motivated and knowledgeable. Gave me a lot of responsibility/independence with my work. Company is growing!

Cons

Not very organized when I started. Didn't really know what their plan was with me at the beginning. Full-time pay apparently not much.

Advice to Management

Be prepared with specific projects for incoming interns and provide a little more structure and past data to build from. Promote more collaboration between full time laboratory group members and interns.

5. Great place to work!

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TOLMAR is a great place to work. I've worked for a number of companies in northern Colorado and TOLMAR is the best! I hope to stay here until I retire. Good pay, shockingly good benefits and great people to work with.

Cons

TOLMAR is suffering from some growing pains. The good news is that we're growing and that provides more security and opportunities across the board, but we're always trying to get ahead of the curve that's moving at lightning speed.

Overall positive, poor management

Current Employee - QC Analyst II in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - QC Analyst II in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR

Pros

Great benefits, job security, company is stable. Fast paced and challenging. Beautiful city, wonderful, hard working and competent employees.

Cons

Terrible supervisory and lower management. They black ball people they don't like, will fire for a mistake instead of letting you learn from it. Management think they know it all and won't listen to employees. Terrible annual review system- no goals given so you can't show great work and goal accomplishments. The R&D are obviously the favorite group and get most of the money allocation. Employees who mention problems to HR are basically told to shut up.

Advice to Management

Value ALL employees, not just management and R & D. Stop being reactive but try tone proactive. Get input from all groups that will be affected by new buildings, as it is one or 2 people make plans for everything and important things are missed.

Lots of opportunitites...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome people, hardworking and smart...most care a lot about what we're doing and have a 'can-do' attitude. Outstanding benefits, competitive wages (particularly for the area), lots of internal opportunities.

Cons

Because of the growth, some of the facilities are spread apart, which makes communication/meetings a little more challenging.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Sometimes it's easy to get stuck in the same old way of doing things and often times, there are better ways.

Growth and all that comes with it!

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time

Pros

I am a current employee who is disappointed by much of what is contained in some of these negative reviews. This is a company that employs hundreds of dedicated, talented people who care very much about the fact that we are developing and manufacturing prescription medications that make people's lives better and treat some very serious health issues. Yes, we are very busy and people are asked to work overtime on many occasions, but the reason for those requests is a great one - the increasing demand for our products all over the world. I would personally rather have this issue than wonder if I will have a job tomorrow because there is not enough work to go around. This company truly cares about employees at all levels, and is doing all they can to maintain a positive work environment in light of the growing pains that we are facing. I do not take for granted the excellent level of benefits that I get as an employee here - the generous paid time off, the paid holiday closure over Christmas that I get to spend with my family and not worry about using my vacation, etc. I am proud to be part of this company and work with many people here who feel the same way. I feel lucky to be able to work for such a successful company in a beautiful area where many people would like to live, and to see the expansion that is happening as we grow into new facilities in the area and bring more jobs to the Fort Collins area. I sometimes wonder if some of these reviews are written by people who may not be happy anywhere.

Cons

The company is dealing with significant growth that has continued year after year. With this growth, there are challenges. There are some pressures to get a lot done in a short amount of time, and we sometimes feel short-staffed (although they seem to be very good about approving new positions when needed). Like anywhere, many processes could be made more efficient, but it seems that some focus is being given to these areas for improvement.

POOR MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP

Former Employee - QA in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - QA in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at TOLMAR (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and okay salary, salary still is well below industry average in our state.

Cons

Terrible supervisors and Management, especially in MFG and QA. No experince with interpersonal skills. Poor promotion opportunity unless your a robot or yes person. A growing company with the older employees trying to run it like they only know how, unchanging tribal knoweledge. They cant change for the better and hate change. The rather get rid of one voice.

Advice to Management

Take input from the people that make the wheels turn in TOLMAR. Supervisors never include their staff on any issues with growth and dillemas we faced daily. Your all taking for granted the best in our industry at a time you should be investing in excellent skills as TOLMAR growth is tremendous. Instead, they are treated like mindless sheep. This is why we are all leaving. Still friends with many that still work there. All are job searching and keeping a straight face. Sad, was once a good place to work. Now its one of those places to avoid.

Good but underpaid.

Current Employee - Research Associate I in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Research Associate I in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, good benefits, excellent 401k match.

Cons

Below average Salary. HR will give you a low offer.

avoid if you can

I have been working at TOLMAR

Pros

One of very few pharma companies in the area meaning that the location is probably about the only thing really positive.

Cons

The title of the review "this company scares me" should tell you everything you need to know. Understandable if you need a job in the area but avoid it if you can as it could be a real black mark if things do not get better really fast.

RSS Feed </> Embed