TOMS

www.toms.com

TOMS Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Blake Mycoskie

Everyone has a company they dream about working for and for me, it's TOMS.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHands down I work with some of the most amazing people. Each person has their own unique story of how they ended up here. Some might have started off as an intern, while others worked for a retailer and became passionate about the brand, or like me, worked for another company, but always dreamed about working for a company that makes a difference. Everyone shares the same common goal, to make desirable shoes/eyewear/coffee for the consumer so we can give shoes/sight/clean water.

The company offers great heathy benefits, 401K plan, a lot of PTO, bi-weekly happy hours, volunteer programs, wellness classes, and company outings.

ConsDoes the organization need improvements, the answer is yes, all companies can improve, but at the end of the day a "bad day" here is still a good day compared to my previous employers. The company foundation was built by interns and while I will be forever grateful for them, some of them don't have a clear view on what it's like to work a traditional Corporate America job.

One of the best companies that is true to their mission and change millions of lives.

Client Service Representative (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsIt's a welcoming environment. They don't discriminate against sexual orientation, race, or religion. They truly value you as a human being and treat you as such instead of a number. They send you on an all expense paid trip to a third world country to give shoes to those in need. They change peoples lives and touch hearts. They bring hope to our planet.

ConsThe only thing I would say is that I wish they had another location close by in Orwnge county that I could work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeriodically, reach out to every individual, not just the leads, and seek opportunities of growth or advice.

Working for TOMS

Pros-Wonderful people
    -Your work is helping others
    -Great company values
    -Creative workspace
    -Relaxed environment
    -Transparency

Cons-Could work on senior leadership team and the direction others are given

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

artist for decorating TOMS shoes at Nordstrom

Artist (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsFun short-time work. All negotiations via email. Kids loved my hand-painted TOMS very much! I love the fact that some money from these shoes go to poor kids in Africa.

Consseems none, everything is organized well

Dynamic, creative, fast-paced environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTOMS is very open to cross-departmental collaboration and its employees truly feel a sense of connection and friendliness towards each other. It's a welcoming, innovative, and constantly evolving place to work. From the moment you walk in the door, people are excited to share the TOMS story and eager to bring you into their world.

ConsThings around HQ move quickly- employees have to always be on their toes. It's definitely never boring.

Best work experience I've had in my career

(Current Employee)

ProsThe company runs at full speed so there is always something to do. If you aren't busy, it's because you aren't trying. Growth opportunity is available for those who demonstrate the drive, resourcefulness, maturity and dedication to learn. Company culture and values are aligned with what you'd expect from TOMS. Like any company, there are opportunities areas that can be addressed, but I've worked in other organizations with more history and longevity that isn't near the maturity level that TOMS is at right now. I can't think of any company that believes in its mission as much as this company, where it sends its employees on a week long life changing Giving trip putting shoes on kids.

Other perks at TOMS include the ability to bring your dog to work, happy hour every other week, local volunteer opportunities, annual TOMS company getaway and an opportunity to work with a great bunch co-ambassadors (co-workers).

ConsAs stated above, there are opportunity areas that should be addressed. Consolidating company initiatives/projects to focus on work that will help sustain long term growth. Better company recognition system for employees' accomplishments.

Also since there is still a lot of process building happening throughout the organization, people interested in working at TOMS should be prepared to build the sandbox instead of just playing in it. Not really a con of the company, just realistically where the company is in it's maturity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore hiring externally, look internally to fill opportunities. Providing constant feedback to team members and occasionally rallying/encouraging them would benefit greatly.

Best employment experience I've had

Online Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Marina del Rey, CA

ProsAt the time, the company was much smaller. Opportunities to get involved and help with different projects were abundant. My managers were great at providing positive and critical feedback, with the clear goal of helping me develop professionally while supporting business goals.

ConsAs a start-up (at the time), there were communication issues especially cross-functionally.

Wonderfully young spirited and novel way of making work fun.

Marketing (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosencouraging of new and creative ideas.

ConsNot enough Parking. Hard to get across that things could be done a little more effectively and efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Good Vibes!

Web Designer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI worked on a three-day project designing a web page and the entire process went smoothly. Caitlin, my contact there, was very positive and easy to communicate with while I worked from home.

On the first day of the project, I went to their headquarters and it really seemed like a cool place to work. When I forgot where the stairs were, I was told "the best way to get downstairs is with the slide." Of course I took the slide and it made my day!

ConsNo cons. I only wish I could have worked with them longer.

It was amazing

Sales (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsBest work culture I have ever been a part of

ConsThere were no cons. No cons. No cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore organization

Worked for TOMS? Contribute to the Community!