TPC Wire & Cable Reviews

Steve Michalski

1. Good Place to Start

Former Employee - International Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - International Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at TPC Wire & Cable (More than a year)

Pros

I liked it because it allowed me to start in the sales world.

Cons

their turn over is super high!

Fast growing company, bad morale, and not smart management

I have been working at TPC Wire & Cable full-time

Pros

The company does picnics and gives away tickets. They say benefits are great but they are not. There are no special benefits like most companies provide. It is another one of their lies they are consistently saying to get people to work for them.

Cons

There is no trust. Workers are publicly shamed when they make mistakes or don't hit there number. Salesman are made fun of by management, ther is no professionalism anywhere to be found. The top person belittles all the managers when they don't hit sales numbers, people are torn apart to the point where they hate the job and cheat and lie to get where they need to be because their is such pressure from the top guy, everyone talks about leaving but hopes someone will find out the problem and fixs it. TPC Wire is at it's highest in performance but it's lowest with morale and honesty and integrity. The main people in the company get big bonuses while all the little people do all the work. The whole company is very angry because no one got a usual big raise. People steal accounts and the sales budgets are a joke. The people at the top need to be reviewed better to see what is really going on.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people unfairly. Please let all salesman work from the office or allow others to work from home to, you cant trreat some people better than others. Stop yelling at salesmanagers when they don't hit their number, rather help them succeed. Get a new guy at the top, he lies and doesn't know what he is doing, he always treats people disrespectfully and hurts peoples feelings. Please stop promising bonuses and raises and then not giving them. We need our new company that owns us to find out what is really going on and help get this company turned around. We all want things to go right but it cant happen with the people running it.

very disappointing

I worked at TPC Wire & Cable full-time

Pros

Nice area, great coworkers, could be a great company if only,,,,,,,,

Cons

let's just say the EEOC would have a field day at this company.

Advice to Management

Opt of of the "good ole boy" mentality. Be fair to all employees not just the ones you like.

5. I have gained a lot of experience working at TPC. Lots of opportunities for career growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at TPC Wire & Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is a fun place to work and pays its employees well for their hard work. You must be willing to put in the time and effort needed to succeed here. The company is really growing and hiring. They are always celebrating employee birthdays, holidays or company successes.

Cons

Can't think of any cons at this time.

6. ASSEMBLER

Current Employee - Assembler in Macedonia, OH
    Current Employee - Assembler in Macedonia, OH

I have been working at TPC Wire & Cable

Pros

VACATION AND SICK DAYS,SOME LUNCHES NOT WORTH THE GRIEF

Cons

Been here since 2013 no raise to date 4/09/15. There so called supervisor has no respect for anyone except the ones who suck up to her She is allowed to harass the employees

Advice to Management

GET A NEW SUPERVISOR INSTEAD OF ALWAYS HAVING TO HIRE NEW ASSEMBLERS

Company is not good. They need to stop treating people unfair

I have been working at TPC Wire & Cable

Pros

There is a few ok things here. But mostly the company has very bad faults.

Cons

The company has a bad hr department. I heard the good reviews on this website were instructed by the upper management team. How can Glassdoor take down reviews that are true and say the rights things but then someone in the company just lies about how good the company is like the two previous posts below just to make the company look good. This is messed up.

Advice to Management

Hire a new president and hr department. The favoritism, cheating, lying, hatred towards some workers, and the sexism has to stop.

8. Best Place I've Worked

I have been working at TPC Wire & Cable full-time

Pros

Open to new ideas, team-oriented, lots of autonomy. Everyone works together here; from sales to marketing- you're always helping each other out. Just a great place all around. Personally, I look forward to coming in everyday and I think that's hard to find in most places. The company culture and values are just spectacular and it is looking like it only gets better from here.

Cons

No cons at this time.

9. Fun People, Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous in Macedonia, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Macedonia, OH

I have been working at TPC Wire & Cable full-time

Pros

TPC likes to promote from within and will pay for classes, seminars and workshops to advance your skill set. The company provides great benefits and competitive salaries. We get bonuses, company lunches, ticket giveaways and holiday parties. The CEO does a good job of keeping all employees informed on how the company is doing throughout the year. The people are fun to work with and all seem to have a good sense of humor. This is definitely a place you could spend your career at, and there's a ton of people who do.

Cons

A lot of people have multiple job responsibilities which can slow down projects.

10. Frustrating. Very high turnover. Great potential of a company but they're blowing it my micromanaging.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

I worked at TPC Wire & Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They bring in lunches a lot; senior managers aren't around a lot so you can skip out early some days

Cons

Compensation is poor. You have to work there a really long time to get anything to survive. Their sales processes are really behind the times. No one does cold calling any more. They still rely on cold calling, trade shows, mailings, and other decades-old techniques to drum up business. They don't really embrace social media, digital marketing, and all the "new" ways to market and sell a company and their products. And don't even think about getting a bonus. Non-sales people's bonuses are tied to sales and profit. A sneeze will blow your bonus chances. Sales reps, meanwhile, since they're getting commissions, they get bonuses regardless of sales and profit since it's tied to individual sales. That turns off a lot of people and they have high turnover in both sales and non-sales employees.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Let your sales reps do their thing and give them the freedom to do their job. Stop worrying about how your private equity owners (stop calling them "partners"--they own you) will think of the minutiae--they don't care. Make it a place you want people to work at; you might not have such high turnover. Things haven't been the same since Premier Farnell sold you. Think about it--PF sold off their only profitable division?

not concerned about employees

I have been working at TPC Wire & Cable full-time

Pros

vacation time, bring in lunch

Cons

different rules for different people, does not treat all employees the same, does not care much for employees concerns, very cheap with wages and raises......

Advice to Management

open your eyes and look around, moral is awful, quit putting money above everything and worry about employee concerns

RSS Feed </> Embed