TQE Marketing

1 Rating

Love It Here

Current Employee - Senior Account Man in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Account Man in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at TQE Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The coworkers and management are amazing. You really feel like you have a voice here and there isn't necessarily a ladder to climb but more of a sense of family here in the work place. The job itself is great too. Being able to help companies with their business and watch it grow is so rewarding. The company definitely recognizes achievements both in the company and in your life and invests in its employees 100%. Their moto happy employees makes a happy company and happy clients and live by that day to day. The company is constantly growing and evolving and it is fun to be on that adventure. The benefits are great too. Unlimited PTO Jan-October, 401 K, Company get togethers, weekly rewards and acknowledgements, quarterly awards, heath and dental insurance plus you have a whole office full of friends.

Cons

It is a young company so they are continually working out the kincks and ironing out the details. It can be frustrating at times, but they know your opinions on things and are always tweaking things to make it better so in a few short weeks or even months it is all better.

Keep doing what your doing because it is working great!

A Growing Company That Has A Ton Of Potential

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at TQE Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Promotes growth both personally and professionally.
    -Great company culture centered around employee satisfaction.
    -Flexible hours and unlimited PTO.
    -Support for employees outside of the office.
    -Fun events, challenges, prizes, and tickets to the Trailblazers/Hops.
    -We have fun each and every day.
    -Our industry is constantly evolving and we are continually innovating.
    -Matched 401k, great healthcare plan, and retirement planning services.

Cons

-The office location is a bit of drive for some employees.
    -They have made significant progress with salaries but they could still be higher.

Continue investing in our operations team!

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at TQE Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

TQE Marketing treats their employees very well. Benefits include excellent training, great work-life balance, and a time off policy that is second to none. When I was hired I felt like the training brought me up to speed with the rest of the employees quickly and without the feeling of being overwhelmed. The management is approachable and always available to meet with. Overall it is a great place to work that gives you the satisfaction of learning a skill that is valuable.

Cons

The starting pay isn't the highest you will see, but pay increases are steady.

Love It Here. Great Company & Great Management

I have been working at TQE Marketing

Pros

Great benefits, great atmosphere and amazing co-workers. The values and culture here are TQE are the best that I have ever experienced and one that I hope other companies adapt.

Cons

Slightly underpaid, but promotions are available but limited.

Increase pay or you might lose people to other companies.

Great Place To Work!

I have been working at TQE Marketing

Pros

Amazing team experience. New hires to senior team members work together to provide amazing results for clients.
    The company is more driven on providing great service then squeezing money out of clients. I am proud of the work I do as an account manager. We are encouraged to research and be on the cutting edge of SEM. I really like working at TEQ and I would easy recommend it to a friend that is passionate about marketing and wants a great agency experience.

Plus:

Amazing Vacation Time - Unlimited PTO January through October
    Competitive pay
    health Benefits
    401K Benefits

Cons

Young(ish) Company - TQE's current business model has been around for 4 or 5 years. There are still growing pains as we work with larger commerce clients and finding resources to bring new team members on and trained.

If TQE moves their office out of Hillsboro, move it a little closer to Portland. ;)

Fun and Challenging

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at TQE Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people here are amazing. We win and lose together. We all care deeply for one another and the management really fosters this community. The management sees that if they take care of their employees, the employees will take care of our clients and when our clients win we win.

Cons

This is a fairly new business and as such, we've had a lot of ups and downs. Sometimes things are poorly communicated, processes are not all in place, but to any negative thing that could be said, our company is working to address and improve.

Keep taking care of employees and keep improving communication lines between employees and management.

An Organizational Mess

Former Employee - SEO Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - SEO Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at TQE Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good way to learn about SEO marketing and Adwords. That's about it.

Cons

Completely unorganized company where rules change daily, policies change daily, etc. Pay is very low, almost insultingly low. On unstable financial footing, so better hope for a strong month or job could be in jeopardy. Hope you love Jesus, because you'll be hearing about him daily.

Have some more stability and structure. Pay people more.

Full of Opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at TQE Marketing

Pros

TQE offers a benefits package that is pretty amazing! There is unlimited PTO (paid time off), flexible schedules, health and dental benefits, and an environment that fosters development. I was one of the first people hired in the Portland office and in a very short time I've been put into a position to spear significant change within the entire organization. There is very little hierarchy and each person is given quite a bit of freedom to succeed. I wouldn't place them at the highest rung of the base pay but they have profit sharing that can take people WAY over the top if the company hits profit projections. This is the first year (2012) of the profit sharing, but we seem to be on track so far.

Cons

You need to be flexible as the company is young and changes will happen. If you hate change, this would not be the place to work. The office is not class A space, but its nice and usually pretty clean.

to give more specific feedback that will allow for changes in behavior. There has just been implemented a quarterly review process, so hopefully this is improved.

Beware: They Push a Christian Agenda

Former Employee - Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at TQE Marketing

Pros

Very nice people, work isn't too stressful, work-life balance is heavily stressed, variety of staff development exercises, variety of clients

Cons

Company pushes an evangelical Christian agenda. You won't notice it at first (except for potentially the company logo), but it comes out more and more as you work there longer. Company won't force you to practice it, but you will be continuously invited to bible studies and life groups by other coworkers. Bible verses are quoted at staff meetings and Christian music is played at the office. Kind of feels almost like church or even cult-like. Company is very small, with most "senior" managers fresh out of college graduates. Compensation is terrible with little benefits. Seems like there is high turnover and not a ton of organization. Even if you are hired to do only SEO or Social Media, you'll probably be doing other things as well. Office can get a bit gossipy and dramatic with some people that work there due to everyone sharing offices with open walls.

The Christian part of this company needs to be emphasized more early on. If I knew it was an evangelical Christian organization, I probably would have never joined. Though I myself am Catholic, I'm not comfortable around that environment. Was around it once before and not the type of environment I want to work in. It might be great for some people, though. Pay people better so they stick around. Also being upfront about the Christianity will probably keep people around as well.