TQE Marketing

Full of Opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at TQE Marketing

Pros

TQE offers a benefits package that is pretty amazing! There is unlimited PTO (paid time off), flexible schedules, health and dental benefits, and an environment that fosters development. I was one of the first people hired in the Portland office and in a very short time I've been put into a position to spear significant change within the entire organization. There is very little hierarchy and each person is given quite a bit of freedom to succeed. I wouldn't place them at the highest rung of the base pay but they have profit sharing that can take people WAY over the top if the company hits profit projections. This is the first year (2012) of the profit sharing, but we seem to be on track so far.

Cons

You need to be flexible as the company is young and changes will happen. If you hate change, this would not be the place to work. The office is not class A space, but its nice and usually pretty clean.

to give more specific feedback that will allow for changes in behavior. There has just been implemented a quarterly review process, so hopefully this is improved.

An Organizational Mess

Former Employee - SEO Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - SEO Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at TQE Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good way to learn about SEO marketing and Adwords. That's about it.

Cons

Completely unorganized company where rules change daily, policies change daily, etc. Pay is very low, almost insultingly low. On unstable financial footing, so better hope for a strong month or job could be in jeopardy. Hope you love Jesus, because you'll be hearing about him daily.

Have some more stability and structure. Pay people more.

Beware: They Push a Christian Agenda

Former Employee - Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at TQE Marketing

Pros

Very nice people, work isn't too stressful, work-life balance is heavily stressed, variety of staff development exercises, variety of clients

Cons

Company pushes an evangelical Christian agenda. You won't notice it at first (except for potentially the company logo), but it comes out more and more as you work there longer. Company won't force you to practice it, but you will be continuously invited to bible studies and life groups by other coworkers. Bible verses are quoted at staff meetings and Christian music is played at the office. Kind of feels almost like church or even cult-like. Company is very small, with most "senior" managers fresh out of college graduates. Compensation is terrible with little benefits. Seems like there is high turnover and not a ton of organization. Even if you are hired to do only SEO or Social Media, you'll probably be doing other things as well. Office can get a bit gossipy and dramatic with some people that work there due to everyone sharing offices with open walls.

The Christian part of this company needs to be emphasized more early on. If I knew it was an evangelical Christian organization, I probably would have never joined. Though I myself am Catholic, I'm not comfortable around that environment. Was around it once before and not the type of environment I want to work in. It might be great for some people, though. Pay people better so they stick around. Also being upfront about the Christianity will probably keep people around as well.