TRACE International

Launched my Career in Compliance

Former Employee - TRAC Analyst in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - TRAC Analyst in Annapolis, MD

I worked at TRACE International

Pros

World renown compliance consultants; frequent training opportunities; TRACE clients include Fortune 500 companies; exposure to compliance, legal and accounting teams at client corporations; largely international staff; various language skills and cultural backgrounds in Annapolis office; generally nice people; I had especially good experience with TRAC department manager; some TRACE employees go on to work for client companies; as an organization, TRACE is deeply committed to corporate social responsibility.

Cons

Employees may be expected to work outside of their particular field or department; I had negative experience with the international sales department in the Middle East; communication break-down with Dubai sales director; Dubai office had unclear expectations of the Annapolis team and put some stress on various departments.

Reorganize Middle East sales department (although I think this has occurred)

Excellent Company to Work for!

I have been working at TRACE International full-time

Pros

• Flexible schedule
    • Hardworking, knowledgeable, compassionate management
    • Great potential for growth
    • Good work/life balance
    • Excellent compensation and benefits package; paid holidays
    • Convenient parking
    • Human Resources Dept. goes above and beyond to make sure employees are satisfied

Cons

• Such a large staff – spread over two floors – makes it difficult hard to get to know your co-workers; opportunities (i.e., luncheons, workshops) are provided though

• Provide in-depth training
    • Pay percentage of parking

Dec 10, 2014HR Generalist/Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to post this. We agree that having people spread across two floors isn’t ideal. Unfortunately, we’ve outgrown our original space and buildings in Historic Annapolis ... More

Why do we work? Answer: MONEY!

I have been working at TRACE International

Pros

The office is in beautiful Annapolis. I like Annapolis although many DC and Baltimore coworkers complain it's a unnecessary commute so this is a personal preference. Most co-workers are friendly.

Cons

1. Ridiculously low salary. It's basically HALF of what can be earned in other firms, that's right... HALF! **THINK ABOUT THAT**. You do the SAME work but every day know you're earning fifty percent less for your efforts than other people. 2. Have to pay $37 to park your car. 3. Annapolis isn't for everyone.

Pay more to retain and attract talent.

Not the worst place to work but also not the best

Current Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at TRACE International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice staff with lots of international experience and diverse backgrounds. Most staff is only expected to work 40 hours a week, flexible scheduling.

Cons

Very high turnover, poor management, little chance to advance, no training and heavy workload. The pay is also quite low for the industry.

Be more transparent and lead by example.

No growth opportunity

Former Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

I worked at TRACE International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No overtime (work-life balance); growing business; good people; generous vacation

Cons

same things over and over; very limited inside ladder up; compensation is low

Nov 11, 2014Human Resources

As you’re the second person to mention limited advancement, we’d like to address that. As a fairly small company, most departments (Advisory Services, Marketing and Communications, IT, Accounting ... More

Short-term OK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at TRACE International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, very qualified staff who speak many languages, nice office. Good for entry-level positions. Stay until you get a line in your resume and then move on!

Cons

Terrible work culture, (managers talk behind people's back; create competition among staff); staff is overworked and a way too qualified for their positions. Human resources managers are evidently uninterested in supporting employees. As others have said, crazy turnover of dissatisfied people. Pure bitterness. Zero training or incentives to become more knowledgeable for the sake of professional development. People usually can't stand the place for more than one year.

Provide real training, invest in your employees. Stop underestimating your staff and constantly trying to make them compete with one another. Make people work together. Provide real support. Hire qualified human resources managers who know what they are doing. Long-term and loyal employees are more valuable than trying to maximize profit. Improve the culture and environment. End of the year parties are OK but a healthy environment is far more important to good performance and productivity. Cut the gossiping for mid-level managers.

I worked for Trace for over a year

Former Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

I worked at TRACE International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to get work experience and move to a competitor company for twice more salary.

Cons

High expectations for extremely low salary, heavy workload, zero training, lack of organizational culture, very high turn over ( barely anybody stays longer than a year) weird work environment...

Change your attitude to employees, pay them more and adequately to their high degrees; most employes are way overqualified for this type of job!!!!

Nov 11, 2014Human Resources

We appreciate your comments. We note, though, that we have an amazing team that speaks 30 languages and represents almost as many nationalities, so we understand that some are only cycling through ... More

Amazing organization, wonderful atmosphere!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at TRACE International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great entry-level opportunities & internships, staff is intelligent, responsible and friendly, beautiful office in downtown Annapolis, casual dress Monday-Friday, Keurig machine w/ free coffee/tea in the kitchen, frequent fun activities, bonus structure, SUPER stable company, and the President believes in total transparency and honesty.

Cons

Parking is $37/month and family benefits are a little pricey

A great satisfaction and a source of great knowledge.

Current Employee - Due Diligence Associate in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at TRACE International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, Benefits and broad scope of activities.

Cons

Pay scale, location and more employee turnover that one would expect.

None