TRI-COR Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Louis Gonzalez

1. Job meets present needs but chancess for advancement is limited.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst

Pros

Immediate access to senior management. For a small company, benefits package is structured extremely well. Direction company is headed is sometimes hard to discern.

Cons

Strictly an IT company. Unsure of growth opportunities and expansion into new lines. Employees need to see more involvement from company leadership with local operations.

Needs some improvements, but not too bad.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scott AFB, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scott AFB, IL

I worked at TRI-COR (More than 3 years)

Pros

The contract I was working on had been secured by TRI-COR for many years, so they do a great job retaining contracts that they win. The people I worked with were good, and most were quite friendly.

Cons

I think the total compensation package could have been better. Insurance was too expensive and it had a small provider network. The previous company I had worked for was much smaller and had better benefits. There were many times where our contract would just get extended 6 months at a time, and it made things stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Do some homework and find out what your employees are looking for in a long-term position. Get rid of the numerous executive positions for such a small company, and pay your employees more money. You're billing the government at 3 - 4 times what your employees are making, and they're aware of that. More money doesn't always retain employees, but it certainly can help. Stop charging so much overhead on hardware/software purchases. You're eating up too much of the budget by doing so, and it effects the funds available to purchase the proper hardware and software to support the mission.

Really Good for development

Pros

Very encouraging of personal growth

Cons

Little room for career advanement

5. It'a job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at TRI-COR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's of independence as far as work process is given. Easy work pace.

Cons

Very old school. New ideas aren't welcomed. Strict attendance and computer use policy. Upper manager is very cold. I have ask permission to leave if it isn't closing or lunch hour.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like adults. Trust them to do their jobs without breathing down their necks.

Developer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at TRI-COR (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent with HR...Nice base staff.

Cons

Dysfunctional Management, no contemporary feel...very old-school

Advice to Management

Stop the pettiness

Never ending turnovers

Former Employee - Proposal Writer in Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Proposal Writer in Lanham, MD

I worked at TRI-COR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small and antiquated in their hiring and business development. lack vision and inspiration

Cons

Management is unfocused, mercurial, and uncaring. If you want a promotion you need to leave first.

Advice to Management

Treat your people better. get rid of your stupid employee handbook from the 1950s and come into the 21st century.

A lot of talk, Promises, No Action. No Trust. HQ fails the Operations.

Current Employee - HQ Operations Executive and Human Resources in Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - HQ Operations Executive and Human Resources in Lanham, MD

I have been working at TRI-COR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent O'Fallon Team! In many respects, O'Fallon is TRI-COR. The O'Fallon leadership team serves the primary customer relationship, and they have great customer focused leadership, take care of their people with quality management skills, they are professional, engaged, and coach employee performance to gain better performance and engagement in service to the company and the customer. O'Fallon consistently delivers excellent quality serivce in support of the mission, on-time and on budget - often in spite of the hurdles and obstacles created by the Lanham MD HQ.

Cons

30 year lifestyle company with unbalanced management style, expectations of mistrust. Drive to innovate and become forward thinking, best-practice is overwhelmed with rules based, focus on expectation that employees will not do the right thing. Top leadership at HQ is arbitrary and influenced by heresay/gossip. Tons of policies, documentation,rules - no business processes empowering succcess. HQ operation acts as an authority over productive independent client facing operations with little value add. History demonstrates continued repeating hire and replace leadership, hire and replace BD, no sustained growth and maturity. The HQ leadership team is provincial to Lanham, lacks professionalism, gossips, denegrates peers/direct reports, lies and bad behavior is tolerated if favored, while effective professionals are discarded, and proactive coaching to help promote growth and excellence is avoided at all cost. "People are people. You can't change them."

Advice to Management

Hire in the shadow of the leader and you will continue to maintain a cohesive team at HQ.

Wages and Benefits Not Stated

Former Contractor - Database Administrator in Scott AFB, IL
    Former Contractor - Database Administrator in Scott AFB, IL

I worked at TRI-COR as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Because this job was working on a government contractor with the US Air Force, I got to work with important applications - development, testing, and production - with Oracle 11g, 12c, and SharePlex, which allowed me more experience.

Cons

While on a 6-month right to hire contract, I was told in the fourth month that they were going to hire me. However, from then until they let me go, they never once told me what they were going to pay me or the benefits I would have, even though I asked several times to find out...

Advice to Management

While I realize that the government has reduced the amount of fees for contracts, it is important for employees to be taken care of well. When you have contractors come on board, you should let them know right away what you plan to pay them, if you decide to hire them. Frankly, every business I've worked for in the past has done that -- I don't understand why your company didn't... You should also consider that in the fourth-month of a six-month contract that other recruiters start contacting folks who are on contracts and try to obtain them. While you were trying to get me to state how little I would take in wages, there were recruiters who were offering lots more money -- in the Greater St. Louis Area, most Oracle Database Administrators make $100K per year or more -- and you wanted to pay less than $80K??? With that low set of wages, how do you expect to keep or hire folks? Seriously??? Lastly, since I've been let go, I've talked to a number of Tri-Cor employees. Many don't like their low wages. And they are quietly looking for other positions. With that happening what will happen in the near future? My guess is you are going to have a big problem keeping employees and contractors -- and that will negatively affect your position with the government, as well as add much more to do for the few folks who remain with you.

RSS Feed </> Embed