TRUMPF

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rolf Biekert

Great, solid company!

PR and Media Relations Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at TRUMPF full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTRUMPF is a very cool company, and working there was an incredible experience. It's also a solid company, financially, that is managed in a fiscally-conservative manner. When I was there the leadership was strong, and there was an open-door policy.

ConsWhen you work at TRUMPF, there is not much time for anything else in your life. You need to be "all in" in order to thrive there. That's not necessarily a "con," it's just reality. It depends on where you are in your life. This may or may not work for you. It worked for me well, for awhile, but then I had to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't really know what the management is like these days. When I was there, I had a great experience from 2008 - 2012, I had a great respect for the CEO and the VPs. Can't give the current management advice because I don't know them. Sorry. Rolf Biekert was CEO when I was there, and he's incredibly smart, innovative, fair -- and approachable. Burke Doar, VP of Sales and Marketing, and Sheila LaMothe, Marketing Manager, were also very smart and willing to listen to employee ideas. And when I was there it was a company that didn't penalize you if your idea didn't work out. TRUMPF is all about innovation, and they realize that failure is part and parcel of being innovative. Sure, like every company, TRUMPF has its "moments." But they are few and far between, and the good about this company outweighs any of the negative.

Tread lightly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TRUMPF

Pros- Work with a wide range of professionals ranging from application engineers, to assembly, to sales.
- 100% travel
- Company vehicle, cellphone, laptop

Cons- 100% travel
- Difficult job/life balance
- Clear "boy's club" environment, your progress/development is contingent upon who you know and or who favors you.
- An "it's not my job" "someone else can take care of it" "not my responsibility" attitude across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation is important. Just because a process/technique has been used for years does not make it the absolute divine, implement a procedure to accept new ideas or a standard of strategic management. An environment in which employees/subordinates are afraid of their superiors never cultivates a healthy work environment

It depends who you work for...

Field Service Engineer - West (Current Employee)
Farmington, CT

I have been working at TRUMPF full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent Training program, good pay, travel pay starts once you leave your house unlike other companies.

ConsThe left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. Your success will greatly depend on who your manager is everyone is good except the West!

Advice to Senior ManagementOne or two service engineers quitting is an anomaly, but if they are all quitting from the same region, you should think about the root cause....

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Sales (Former Employee)
Charleston, SC

I worked at TRUMPF full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall everyone has a voice

ConsSubject to market conditions, can effect performance

Advice to Senior Managementnone

terrible unless you are in the management level

Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at TRUMPF full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgood job security. they are always short on engineers and techinicans

Conswell, the management does not care about what you feel, they only care about profit. Although they always claim they are a family. Employees are not treated fairly. HR are just a joke. Last few guys who give 2 weeks notice to leave, are all fired in two days. Also long time ago when they try to fire an employee, they ask him to drive to Farminton, CT (from NJ) with a company car, and then fired him once he arrives Farminton......he has to rent a car to come back home.......terrible terrible culture

review of TRUMPF

Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at TRUMPF

ProsIt a pretty stable working enviroment

ConsNo career development at all

Advice to Senior Managementcare about the development of the employee

Very good and well-organized company

I have been working at TRUMPF as an intern

ProsVery good company, cutting edge technology product, still owned by the family: great management involvement, international and active in several markets: innovative.

ConsSometimes you have the impression of too many employees, whose tasks are not really precise

Poor leadership and no HR at the service facility

I have been working at TRUMPF full-time

ProsCompany Car
Cell Phone
Company Credit Card
Expenses covered
Insurance for travel

ConsNever Home
Evaluations are destructive criticisms and not constructive
Poor Management
Lowest Pay in the industry
Male dominated
No HR personnel at the Plymouth Township, MI location

Advice to Senior ManagementTake leadership courses. Teach other leaders how to provide direction, purpose and motivation. Discontinue making people feel stupid and not taking responsibility for your own actions. You need an HR department at the Plymouth Township, MI location becuase this will help bring a better culture to the facility. People should not get away with what they do at this company. You will lose the best people not the one's doing enough to not get fired.

Great learning experience

Service Engineer (Former Employee)
Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I worked at TRUMPF full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you like high tech, engineering and manufacturing you'll love it. Lots of training, travelling and challenging work

ConsNo opportunities to move within the company. Any technical capabilities you gain will keep you doing the same thing indefinitely

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should consider having a talent development program for executives. Any top management executive who has technical background within the company can add a great amount of value

Worked for TRUMPF? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TRUMPF reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TRUMPF CEO Rolf Biekert. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by TRUMPF employees.