TRW Automotive

TRW Automotive Reviews in Detroit, MI

Updated Apr 30, 2014

TRW Automotive Chairman of the Board, President and CEO John C. Plant

John C. Plant

Pros
  • good salary good people place to learn on seem to make smart business decisions(in 7 reviews)

• Good place to learn and grow in the automotive industry(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible work/ life balance, your home is just a place to store your stuff(in 3 reviews)

• Limited career growth opportunities(in 3 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company.

Co-Op (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGood people, acceptable work environment.

ConsTypical of large companies, there is a struggle between departments, conflicting agendas and miscommunications, and an inefficiency that comes with the "system".

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the employees a priority.

Very good company to work for who clearly understands Automotive OEMs.

Leader (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsI have been able to work myself into different roles as there has been upward movement. Company is resolved to be number one in their market making the tough decisions along the way.

ConsStaff in plants do not seem to have opportunities for training, i.e. (depends on the location).

Top Management Lost in Their Own Agenda ($)

Senior Staff (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsCompany has great employees and great unlocked potential. Highly skilled workforce. The working staff just need a better working working environment.

ConsTop management watches numbers and does not think that employees are a resource. No trust of employees to do the right thing, Lots of checks and balances that are insulting to the professionals that work for TRW. It used to be a great place to work. Stock price is up but not sustainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit, move on, take your spoils and move on. Let the company prosper with proper non bean counting management. The CEO and top staff is over compensated taking value from share holders and employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TRW Not A Good Place to Work!

Full Time (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGood Dental Insurance,Good Boss Joe Petry

ConsLow medical Insurance, Low Wage,Low Eye Insurance, Treated Like Slaves, Working Conditions Sub Par.People I work with act like little children.

Advice to Senior ManagementFIRE JOHN PLANT WITH NO SEVERANCE PACKAGE!

Excellent Management Team Driven to Suceed and deliver results

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsHighly talented and driven senior management team, focused on the right metrics and cares about achieving them. Wants to win, and wants employeees to be winners

ConsA little too political at times. CEO makes a salary a little to high in comaprison to the rank and file.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare a little more with the lower ranks, QIP bonus pool neds to include more rank and file to get better results, limiting the pool only hurts in the long run

TRW Automotive - a fair place to work with minor issues.

Senior Product Engineer (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsSolid company with forward thinking (mostly). Flexable hours (pending your boss). Good location, minimal traffic. Employees are easy going with minimal issues.

ConsNot a career place. There is a log jam for any advancement. Over the past 3 years, there have been consistent layoffs - minimal raises (if any) - benefits are slowly shrinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop the do as I say not as I do philosphy. No bonuses for us, no bonuses for you. No pay raise for us, no pay raise for you....

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!