TRW Automotive

TRW Automotive Reviews in Detroit, MI

Updated Jul 14, 2014

TRW Automotive Chairman of the Board, President and CEO John C. Plant

John C. Plant

Pros
  • good salary good people place to learn on seem to make smart business decisions(in 7 reviews)

• Good place to learn and grow in the automotive industry(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible work/ life balance, your home is just a place to store your stuff(in 3 reviews)

• Limited career growth opportunities(in 3 reviews)

52 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsTRW allows me to work on projects where I am able to interact with all levels within the company. There has been plenty of career opportunities available as well. Hard working people who really care about what we do and the products we make.

ConsTRW is a fast paced working environment and you have to be able to handle multiple tasks at one time. If you are unable to thrive in this type of environment, then this may not be a good fit

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest back into the company.

ok

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Fowlerville, MI

Prosnice working conditions and they provided uniforms.

ConsTo many bosses getting involved

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat People better

Interesting

Finance (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsMore challenging/rewarding work, work with good people.

ConsBuilding condition, building layout/functionality, lack of actual cubes for each employee, Corporate lacks the benefits and employee appreciation of comparable companies/competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher degree of value on employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to grow your career

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsTRW is a large, global company. If you are looking for a place where you can learn, be challenged, and grow your career, this is the company to join. I have always been able to make a move/take on a new role when I was ready for a change. I have been able to maintain adequate work life balance.

ConsTRW is very lean. Resources are not abundant and if you are a manager, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and work - not just manage - not a con for me but is for some others.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more robust, global systems.

Good company.

Co-Op (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGood people, acceptable work environment.

ConsTypical of large companies, there is a struggle between departments, conflicting agendas and miscommunications, and an inefficiency that comes with the "system".

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the employees a priority.

Very good company to work for who clearly understands Automotive OEMs.

Leader (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsI have been able to work myself into different roles as there has been upward movement. Company is resolved to be number one in their market making the tough decisions along the way.

ConsStaff in plants do not seem to have opportunities for training, i.e. (depends on the location).

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsThe company has a good business plan and continuously has a strategic outlook.

ConsSometimes no the technology leader.

Top Management Lost in Their Own Agenda ($)

Senior Staff (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsCompany has great employees and great unlocked potential. Highly skilled workforce. The working staff just need a better working working environment.

ConsTop management watches numbers and does not think that employees are a resource. No trust of employees to do the right thing, Lots of checks and balances that are insulting to the professionals that work for TRW. It used to be a great place to work. Stock price is up but not sustainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit, move on, take your spoils and move on. Let the company prosper with proper non bean counting management. The CEO and top staff is over compensated taking value from share holders and employees.

Great place to intern

Intern (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsGot lots of responsibility. The team treated me as a peer. I was given worthwhile assignments to spearhead.

ConsHad to do some generic intern tasks related to organizing of parts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving interns worthwhile projects.

Very Disappointing

Supplier Management (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsPlenty of capable people who are willing to work in a team environment. Being such a large company, they can afford to invest in innovative concepts.

ConsWeak people-leadership from the very top ... creates atmosphere of mistrust, fear and inhibited creativity and problem solving....as well as fostering divisiveness.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the CEO with one capable of inspiring the organization...not just breeding fear throughout it! The culture feels toxic and demoralizing........and caters to the lowest common denominator at the expense of the talented majority and ultimately, the organization as a whole!

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!